Android Tablets Forum banner
121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
OK my V7 arrived. Green LED/No vibrate. I flashed it with Singularity V5, and even though this ROM wasn't intended for the greenies it worked. Wi-Fi is working, although I've had a few drop-outs. Full Android Market. Can't get Facebook to work though. I'll try uninstalling and re-downloading it. I'm going to try this ROM out for a few days then give Modroid a go as it's reportedly even faster.

Hats off to Roger and the rest of the developers

·
Registered
96 Posts
STOP
Advanced and Potentially Dangerous Topic
Only proceed if you are completely comfortable with whatever outcome may happen.
(good, bad, or ugly)
[hr]
This thread is for the discussion of Full System Images for the MID V7.
Link: Merimobiles.com - MID V7
- Other Names: EKEN M009S, ViaPad 7, MID 7
[hr]

MID V7 - Firmware Update Video - www.merimobiles.com

MID V7 - Vestinious ROM Review - Version 1.3.4 - Newer Version Available Now
- Video has been updated with text annotations due to latest ROM version 1.3.5

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj9thL668CU
Just received my MID 7 in the mail. It is the GREEN LED without Vibrate. It seems that I have only had luck with the newest Vestinious ROM 1.5.0. Runs fine.. . if anyone has had success with any other custom rom, please reply. thanks..... Joe

·
Registered
96 Posts
OK my V7 arrived. Green LED/No vibrate. I flashed it with Singularity V5, and even though this ROM wasn't intended for the greenies it worked. Wi-Fi is working, although I've had a few drop-outs. Full Android Market. Can't get Facebook to work though. I'll try uninstalling and re-downloading it. I'm going to try this ROM out for a few days then give Modroid a go as it's reportedly even faster.

Hats off to Roger and the rest of the developers
I had a similar saga. . . I have a Green LED/No vibrate from Merimobiles (I guess that's what's left on the shelf post-sale). Modroid worked without any changing of the env_boot files. Hope you try Modroid. It is super fast.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah I'm going to give Modroid a go in a few days. I've already downloaded it and sorted the env_uboot situation out. Maybe I didn't need to if yours is working fine.

Aside from the obvious build quality issues, it's a tidy tab for the price, so can't complain too much.

I can't remember if someone said 720p MKV is supported, but it force closed Rockplayer when I tried it!..

Oh..and I get the 'you have no calender' error message when I try to add an event, but I understand that's a google account issue?...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I cant install google maps anyone find this in market or have a link for download from google?

ive tried manual install at googles mobile website but it just says not found

mapdroid isnt detailed enough for my location yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a green led, when first turned on, but then it turns red sometimes and sometimes blue when fully charged. It's a 7 inch wondermedia via 8650 with a black back cover saying MID. I don't think it vibes, or at least I don't feel it. I installed uberoid with option 8 with the help of a much more knowlegable person on this site and it works fine. I want to try Singularity but I'm confused on how to install it. Im posting a picture of all the files I extracted from Singularity. I put all of them on my sd card but it didn't seem to read them. The tablet just started up as uberoid. Which of these files to I put on my sd card to install Singularity, and do I need to change anything since mine has a green led with two point touch?

I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Timothy

Rectangle Font Operating system Screenshot Software

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I have an Eken M009s with a green power light. I used singualrity v5 final w/ uberoid's env_boot
I'm trying to run plants vs zombies. I get the sound but the picture is black.

I've also tried turning capability mode on in spare parts and that doesn't seem to help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed Firmware and after flushing touch screen no worked. Then I re-named env_uboot to GREEN_env_uboot and Re-flushed tabelt.
Now after on, the green led working but no boot and no any action in my tablet. What can I do? How can I make bootable SD-CARD and how can I re-flushing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have updated the link to represent the latest Vestinious build just released today.

1.3.1 Vestinious Lite

*Not Rooted* - Ive decided to allow the user to chose if they want it rooted,
Based on WMT 1.3.0 factory build,
Added Market and changed fingerprint,
Added Gmail & Astro,
Changed language and timezone to English & GMT,
Removed Arabic keyboard,

I also just installed it on my MID V7 and it works like a charm.
I plan on posting a Head to Head to Head comparison video sometime in the next week. (hopefully it will all work out as planned)
- C8 vs. Stock V7 vs. Vestinious V7

Thanks!

Tasselhof
why is my mid 7 NOT flashing this and similar ROM's ??... i can flash the SCRIPT FOLDER on sd care Style of ROM...but not this.. PLEASE help me out here mate... getting desperate and pissed off..... i have read 3 days worth of forums and videos...TY

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have a mid 7, that will only let me flash the type of roms that put the SCRIPT folder onto my sd card !!!..
. what do i need to do to flash this/these type of roms onto my MID 7,green,black audio,vibrate,3g,wifi,256,multi pinch

PLEASE help... i have spent 3 days reading formus and reading others with mid 7 flashing.

121 - 140 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.