Android Tablets Forum banner
101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please help me...
-----------------

Hi, I have been following and using Uberoid WM8650 1.3.0 HYBRiD HoneyCombMOD right through v3 to v6 FiNAL. I had no problem in installing, using and appreciating the work done by HCH, Dwag and others.

However, I was tempted on learning the development by Roger and decided to use Singularity. I succeded in installing it but failed to root my tablet. On learning Modroid-v5 has 1.5.0 and rooted ROM, I applied it on my tablet without realising that probably its not meant for my MID 7" epad.

Now, I have bricked my tablet and it stays blanck with green light on. It doesn't even reach Uberoid/Android logo and I cannoit apply back Uberoid WM8650 1.3.0 HYBRiD HoneyCombMOD v6 FiNAL.

Please help me...

Below are my tablet specs :

1. LED colour? Green & turns to red while charging
2. Vibrate on start up? No
3. Audio port colour? Black
4. 24 pins or 30 pins ? 24 pins
5. Which WMT version is it ? 2.6.32.9-default
6. What is your actual RAM Size ? 128MB or 256MB ? 256MB
7. What did the box label say ? Tablet PC - Android System

This is from "about device" :
Model Number : Wonder Media WM8650
Android Version : 2.2
Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9-default
Build Number : generic-eng 2.2 v1.1.1-20110217.154319

thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am SOOO close! I have Singularity V5 running and EVERYTHING works except WiFi.

I deleted the Wifi and the Wireless folder and rebooted..nada
I changed the settings in the .DAT file to some ones I found that defined "US" better, and nada...man, I wish I would have copied out the Wireless folder from the original ROM.

It's a BLUE MID-V7 from merimobiles.com Seems like WiFi is kind of a tricky thing, am I right? Ethernet works great...

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, an update...

I figured I'd try the v5 version of Singularity since my tablet from merimobiles might have been set up for 1.5...and YUP BLUE LED and Roger's v5 work great! WIFI is working and everything! NICE ROM!!!

Anyone who may have ordered a MID-V7 from merimobiles.com around the same time as me (mid July) this may be the ROM for you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

This is my first post, I've tried lots of options to sort this but couldn't so thought I'd ask.

I have a green led with vibrate, with every firmware besides singularity 5 and the 1.5.0 firmware, I get a can't scan the networks error when starting wifi. With singularity I can see the network and can add the network, but after a restart the connection is very fickle and sometimes just says disconnected and won't rejoin, even if signal shows full. I've tried adding and removing the wireless folder but with no luck. has anybody else had a similar problem? it's driving me mad!

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi,

This is my first post, I've tried lots of options to sort this but couldn't so thought I'd ask.

I have a green led with vibrate, with every firmware besides singularity 5 and the 1.5.0 firmware, I get a can't scan the networks error when starting wifi. With singularity I can see the network and can add the network, but after a restart the connection is very fickle and sometimes just says disconnected and won't rejoin, even if signal shows full. I've tried adding and removing the wireless folder but with no luck. has anybody else had a similar problem? it's driving me mad!

Thanks
im still waiting for delivery but try adding the ip to the router to give the same ip everytime (not static on the device but so the lease doesnt run out) works for my smart phones. just another idea while you wait for another answer. this is especially true if your wireless works without security but doesnt with it switched on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi there,
just installed Singularity V5 and wanting to give some feedback

Device: Generic MID V7
LED: green, red during charge
Vibrate: yes
Audio Port: black

Before trying Singularity, I had Uberoid V5 installed; quite a good system, and rooted(!) but I wanted a FW with WMT 1.50 at least.

Knowing that Singularity is not originallly meant for my kind of device, I copied the env_uboot file from the Uberoid versione that worked for me into the env folder of te singularity FW (actually, option 8 in Uberoid CHANGER.bat worked for me).

Flashing Singularity V5 went smooth, and so is the firmware itself

As always, good job Roger

Seems like on my device everything works right out of the box, Wifi included. I haven't checked everything yet, but it seems to be stable, too.
One major drawback so far is the absense of root; I tried z4root v1.3.0 but this doesn't seem to work with WMT 1.5.0.
Looking into the battery stats, I see that phone.apk apparently draws a lot of juice, and I usually delete it....but that needs root.

Currently I think about trying Modroid, or trying to transfer the needed files from Modroid in order to get root.

Anyway, thanks for another great firmware

greetz, PADMAN

·
Registered
3 Posts
Loaded up v5 Beta and everything seems to be working except the hard menu button. I am evaluating use of the V7 with the home automation UI 'HS Touch' for HomeSeer. Unfortunately, this is a full-screen app and accessing the configs requires a hard menu button.

The button was functional under the stock ROM - any idea why it's not in this build?

Thanks for the otherwise awesome ROM!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi There

New member here!

I recently ordered a MID V7 after watching Mr Tasselhof's excellent Youtube vids. I wasn't impressed with the device out of the box, but Roger's excellent Vestinious ROM made me go for it. The V7 has been dispatched, but as I'm in the UK I have no idea when it'll arrive. I've been reading the posts on these forums and have come to the conclusion that if I receive a 'Blue LED' V7 then the Singularity ROM is my best bet, but if I recieve a 'Green LED' V7 then the Uberoid ROM might be more suitable. I'm no expert, and am concerned about 'bricking' my device, so if anyone could confirm then I'd be grateful.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi There

New member here!

I recently ordered a MID V7 after watching Mr Tasselhof's excellent Youtube vids. I wasn't impressed with the device out of the box, but Roger's excellent Vestinious ROM made me go for it. The V7 has been dispatched, but as I'm in the UK I have no idea when it'll arrive. I've been reading the posts on these forums and have come to the conclusion that if I receive a 'Blue LED' V7 then the Singularity ROM is my best bet, but if I recieve a 'Green LED' V7 then the Uberoid ROM might be more suitable. I'm no expert, and am concerned about 'bricking' my device, so if anyone could confirm then I'd be grateful.
If you ordered it fromMerimobiles like Mr Tasselhof and a few of the rest of us did, the odds are it'll be a blue LED. If that's the case,just following the video does work to install the Singularity ROM.

For the green LED you'd need to find the correct env_uboot file, Or go with the Uberoid V6 ROM.

I didn't play with mine just out of the box much other than to see what was on it,and was suprised that the google market was installed already, most likely by Merimobiles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation, ASCIIrider. I have indeed ordered from Merimobiles, as this seemed the safest option after watching Mr Tasselhof's vids. Someone mentioned that Merimobiles were shipping the Green LED version from June, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's a Blue LED version and I can just use the Singularity ROM. I have no idea how to swap env_uboot files, so I'll cross that bridge if I need to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation, ASCIIrider. I have indeed ordered from Merimobiles, as this seemed the safest option after watching Mr Tasselhof's vids. Someone mentioned that Merimobiles were shipping the Green LED version from June, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's a Blue LED version and I can just use the Singularity ROM. I have no idea how to swap env_uboot files, so I'll cross that bridge if I need to.
Well I ordered mine on July 15th and got a blue LED... Qreacher I believe it was stated he got the blue also, and ordered a few days before me.

Merimobiles site, in the reviews states it's the green froma question asked. However all the recent ones seem to be blue.

With how long it'll take to get there. I paid the extra $20 for shipping so mine got here 7 days after I ordered it. With the free registered airmail, add about a week to 10 days or so would be my guess.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ugh i jus got mine (ordered july 26th from merimobiles, took 8 days to arrive in new zealand)

its green led no vibe, tried singularity with env_uboot from another post about this model and no touch screen, might just try stock singularity rom with original env_uboot so frustrating being so close.

usb mouse works though

edit: used the original env_uboot file and it works (whoops should have not jumped the gun) time to play...

thanks rodger and mrtasslehoff for all the input and hard work

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking on upgrading my MID 7 any way shape or form. From the OS to the firmware. Any help will appreciated. thanks
Hi,
Please note that the update for improvement is not without risks and avertissemnt last day before you show. There are a lot of roms for a tablet-based chipset wm8650 but watch each manufacturer (assembler) offers different versions (in the software and hardware) where the first thing to do is to identify clearly (or clearly as possible) the shelf:
- Name or model:
- LED color:
- Audio Port Color:
- Vibration? :
- Two point touch:
- 7 or 8 inches:
- 24 or 30 pin connector

I also read this for more details:

1. What's the device's LED color when it's turned on ? Blue or Green ?
2. Does the tablet vibrate at start up ?
3. Does the tablet have a green or black audio port ?
4. Which connector has your tablet, 24 pins or 30 pins ?
5. Which WMT version is it ? You can find that rightunder when booting or in settings\about device.
6. What is your actual RAM Size ? 128MB or 256MB ? To find that out, use e.g. Advanced Task Killer to see what's free. Don't rely on the about settings dialog as this might be manipulated.
7. What did the box label say ? MID / iRobot / ePad / aPad / SmartPad etc.

Link for other roms
must be registered to participate in this forum

Original Firmware MID V7 (it can be used)

It may be that update, some features are lost or disabled. We must therefore test several Roms and read the info in the forums about these features lost after update.

Cordialement

·
Registered
24 Posts
ugh i jus got mine (ordered july 26th from merimobiles, took 8 days to arrive in new zealand)

its green led no vibe, tried singularity with env_uboot from another post about this model and no touch screen, might just try stock singularity rom with original env_uboot so frustrating being so close.

usb mouse works though

edit: used the original env_uboot file and it works (whoops should have not jumped the gun) time to play...

thanks rodger and mrtasslehoff for all the input and hard work
Looks like I'd better prepare myself for a bit of work then. That's the same day I ordered mine
Is there a guide on swapping the env_boot file? I wouldn't know where to start (yeah ok, don't laugh
)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hang on. It can't be as simple as downloading both Singularity and original ROMS, then replacing the env_boot file in Singularity with the one from the orignal firmware before putting the SD card in the device, can it? Tell me it's that simple, please!..

101 - 120 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.