Android Tablets Forum banner
281 - 300 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello
I installed Modroid-v6.5 and after flushing touch screen no worked. Then I re-named env_uboot to GREEN_env_uboot and Re-flushed tabelt.
Now after on, the green led working but no boot and no any action in my tablet. What can I do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Have a 7" wm8560 MID tablet with a green led red on charge, it was purchased in China, I have tried a lot of different rom,s on my machine but I either just get the screen with the android man bouncing around or it just hangs on upgrade preparing, this is using the uberoid options. would it be worth my while trying the Modroid. Is anything going to work, I have been struggling for a week and no luck.. Please can someone point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No body can help me?
I have flushing Modroid-v6.5 then touch screen no worked. I re-named env_uboot to GREEN_env_uboot and Re-flushed tabelt.
Now after on, the green led working but no boot and no any action in my tablet. What can I do? How can I recover boot file?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi globestone if your still having trouble the env_uboot you renamed GREEN_env_uboot needs to be env_uboot no matter what model you have its the actual file in the firmare/env folder that needs changing to the one suitable for your tablet but the file must always be named env_uboot which you have to do yourself when you've found the right one

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW, the amount of information on this bottom line M900S is amazing, so many thanks up front to everyone who has posted all the fixes.

Here is my dilemma, after spending the entire day at work trying to get a ROM that lets my M900S function with the touchscreen (and lets not let my boss know that I have been in my office locked oor for this
) I have come up short. I have tried 10 mods, changed the env_uboot to both suggestions that I have found here, and still nothing.

I can connect the mouse externally and it flies along nicely, but the touchscreen just dosent work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the touchscreen problem aswell. I first installed Uberoid on my M010s, green LED, first changer installed but nothing worked, 2nd attempt didnt work at all, 3rd attempt bricked my tablet and I thought it was totally screwed until I found this thread. I installed Modroid with no problems following the instructions, (I have no experience with these at all, I was pointed to upgrade firmware by an amazon seller who should've just sold me what was described in the first place
) Anyway, Modroid installed and brought the tablet back to life but still no touchscreen and no sound either
I have tried all the suggestions about changing the env_uboot files to all of the ones suggested, also tried the
Leave the figure after setenv wmt.io.ts.2dcal empty.
this didnt work either and also tried calibration via a USB mouse-no luck either. My external keyboard now works which didnt but still no touch screen or sound.

I'm worried about trying another firmware incase it gets bricked again-as this works
Tea and biscuits if you got this far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
WOW, the amount of information on this bottom line M900S is amazing, so many thanks up front to everyone who has posted all the fixes.

Here is my dilemma, after spending the entire day at work trying to get a ROM that lets my M900S function with the touchscreen (and lets not let my boss know that I have been in my office locked oor for this
) I have come up short. I have tried 10 mods, changed the env_uboot to both suggestions that I have found here, and still nothing.

I can connect the mouse externally and it flies along nicely, but the touchscreen just dosent work.
Did you try this?

Please backup any files from the original rom, i only tried this with a few roms (not this one yet) and i get the a message - Unable to scan for network - when trying to connect to Wi Fi tho i don't think it's related you never know so keep a backup of all working firmware and try this at your own risk

Everyone having trouble with touchscreen not working needs to open (in a text editor) FirmwareInstall/env/uboot_env and find this - setenv wmt.io.touch 1:vt1603:2:800:480 and replace with this setenv wmt.io.touch 1:uor615x:0:800:480 then press save your done install as normal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Resolving Malfunctioning Touch Screen Issue After Successful Flashing and Booting

In certain cases when you have successfully flashed the new firmware and made the android tablet boot normally again, but find out that the touch screen is not functioning and not reacting to any of user touch input, it is caused by a different touchscreen decoder chip you have in your tablet. To make it works for your tablet, you need to edit some of the firmware files. You can try this solution pointed out by one of our commenters ShibuVas:

For WM8650 models follow this to resolve touchscreen issue. There're 2 different versions of 8650 tablets using different touchscreen decoder chips - vt1603 & uor615x. Make the following changes to files in the SD card prior to flashing:

file FirmwareInstall/packages/fs_patch/root_patch/system/default.prop :
find the line ro.wmt.touchpannel=0 and change it to ro.wmt.touchpannel=1
file FirmwareInstall/env/uboot_env_head, for the 2 lines :
setenv touchcodec vt1603 and setenv wmt.io.touch 1:vt1603:2:800:480
change them to,
setenv touchcodec uor615x and setenv wmt.io.touch 1:uor615x:0:800:480

·
Registered
9 Posts
You only have to change the one line i said and it should work

Everyone having trouble with touchscreen not working needs to open (in a text editor) FirmwareInstall/env/uboot_env and find this - setenv wmt.io.touch 1:vt1603:2:800:480 and replace with this setenv wmt.io.touch 1:uor615x:0:800:480 then press save your done install as normal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Modroid-v6.5 FINAL is based on firmware 1.5.1.

Thanks to user feedback and testing/bug reporting. V6.5 is now available. Everything should now be working out of the box. This will also be my last update unless Eken releases an android 2.3 firmware.

Rooted
Working android market
Green color for framework/icons
Apps2sd working again
Louder audio than previous releases
Wifi should now work on ALL compatible devices
Camera now works on both blue and green led devices
Added hosts file to block most in app ads and web page ads

Flashing instructions and other info included in the download.

Download Modroid-v6.5 FINAL

Older versions below:
Download Modroid-v5
Mirror Modroid-v5
Download Modroid-v4
Download Mirror here

Cheers.
i just installed modroidv5 on my wm8650 green led and i cant control anything with my touch screen.it works perfect with a usb mouse so i know my device still works.is here anyway i can get my touchscreen to work with this rom?and also where can i find modroid v2 or v3

·
Registered
1 Posts
You only have to change the one line i said and it should work
I canged the one line like suggested, the touchscreen wors, but only in the center of the screen. The top toolbar does not work when trying to touch - Items like the Home button in the top left corner.. I tried calibrating it and the calibration allows me to touch all the x's but when finished says Calibration Failed. Any suggestions??

281 - 300 of 311 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.