The Hand That Smites
[ROM/KERNEL][GSM] ♫ Overcome ROM v1.3.0 ♫ Overcome Kernel v2.0.2 ♫ 3/17/2011
DISCLAIMER: You know the drill, I am not responsible if loading this rom makes your Tab melt, explode, disintegrate, or cause harm to anyone near it. (I am fairly certain none of that will happen though)Change log in second post.
- JMI Base Rom
- Overcome Kernel v2.0.2 Included (OC/UV-capable)
- No Modem is included - due to a variety of personal preference I decided to leave that a la carte
- Fully Deodexed
- Fully Zipaligned
- Rooted with busybox installed
- Reboot/Recovery/Download options added to the power menu
- GPS Fix from KA1
- Battery icon modified to a colorful circle with percentage
- Smoked notification background
- Blur removed across system (i.e. behind power option menu) - significantly improves performance
- Power Off confirmation disabled
- Modified stock browser to allow selection of UAString - default is Desktop
- Replaced system fonts with fonts from Armani Captivate
- Added AppWidgetPicker
- Replaced the Gallery with AOSP Gingerbread Gallery (No more battery drain)
- CSC set to XEU
- Ads Blocked
- Updated Market to 2.3.4
- Updated Maps to 5.2.1
- Updated Flash Player to 10.1.106.16
- Updated GMail to 2.3.4
- Updated YouTube to 2.1.6
- Fixed Swype keyboard to show full screen
- Removed Startup/Shutdown sounds
- Xoom boot animation
- "Fugutweak" integrated (two system bin's from Gingerbread - helps with overall smoothness)
- Removed the following apps:
- Support RFS/EXT4
- OC/UV with these steps: 1.4ghz, 1.2ghz, 1ghz, 800mhz, 600mhz, 400mhz, 200mhz, 100mhz
- Replaced kernel jhash2 with jhash3
- Adjusted kernel HZ value to improve smoothness
- Updated ext4 code in kernel from http://www2.kernel.org/pub/linux/ker.../ext4-patches/
- Properly working Tiny RCU patch for better speed and efficiency
- Patched lowmemorykiller for compatibility with Tiny RCU
- Optimized compiler flags
- Voodoo Sound
- Voodoo Lagfix
- Voodoo CWM Recovery 2.5.3.x
- Kernel tweaks to VM and Scheduler for better performance
- Built in CIFS/TUN/SlowWork support
- Default to Internal SD (NOTE: the External SD is mounted, just not easily accessible. If you MUST install from External SD, go into Mounts and Storage menu and Unmount SD-Card. Redo whatever you were doing and it will now find the external SD.)
ROM INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- Follow this excellent guide by Corodius! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=11713685
- If you already have Clockworkmod Recovery, grab the appropriate flashable zip from this post (either OC/UV or No-OC) and Install through clockwork.
- If you do NOT have Clockworkmod Recovery, grab the appropriate tar from this post (either OC/UV or No-OC) and flash with ODIN
- NEITHER of these installation methods will affect your data, although it is always wise to have a backup in the unlikely event of disaster
- If you have the OC/UV kernel and have the desire to UV your kernel, please use this version of Voltage Control: http://www.mediafire...m2ybg2v4oqdtknn (Credit Koxudaxi)
- Get a stock rom package (any of Rotohammer's firmwares will work)
- Get P1_add_hidden.zip attached to this post and extract the P1_add_hidden.pit file
- Using Odin 1.7, put stock rom (Roto-JME-Full-v4.tar for example) in PDA slot.
- Put P1_add_hidden.pit in Pit slot
- Check repartition box
- Put Tab in download mode by holding Volume Down and Power, connect to the computer, and press start.
- After this, the Tab will reboot normally. Shut it down and return to download mode.
- Open Odin 1.7 and reconnect the Tab.
- In the PDA slot, choose the Overcome Kernel v2.0 tar file for use with Odin. Press start
- It will flash the kernel then reboot. Upon reboot, you should hear the sexy robot voices informing you of the status of the EXT4 conversion.
- Once done, the Tab will boot normally. At this point you can load Overcome v1.2.3 rom (or any other Rom of your choosing)
- NOTE - Overcome v1.3.0 includes v2.0.1 of the kernel, so no reflashing is required after install.
- NANDROID BACKUP/RESTORE IS BROKEN. DO NOT USE.
- I plan to fix this in the next release of the kernel.
Overcome v1.3.0 Full Install - This will wipe all applications and settings! (Not SD-Cards though)
Overcome v1.3.0 Updater - No data wipe - This is ONLY for users on 1.1.x and higher. If you are on 1.0.x you MUST install the full download w/wipe.
JMF Modem - For all GSM tabs except T-Mobile US!
T-Mobile US Stock Modem
Chinese Input Additions
Overcome Kernel Source and initramfs
Due to popular demand, starting with Overcome ROM v1.0.3, the stock Android animations are now standard. If you were one of the few that enjoyed the modified animations, you can check out this thread on how to modify the framework-res yourself.
Due to several requests I have uploaded a zip containing all the APK's that I removed from the rom. This is NOT a flashable zip. Simply download it and extract it on your computer. At that point, you will see all the APK's. Copy them onto your SD/Internal memory and then open "My Files" (or any file manager) on the device and click them to install.
The first boot will take a VERY long time due to being deodexed but don't panic. Reboots after that are very fast
The best is yet to come!
Thanks goes to Hardcore for building an amazing kernel for I9000 and Captivate!
Paul O'Brien and Richard Trip for a working TAB initramfs!
VIDEO REVIEW!! Thanks connexion2005 and MobileTechVideos.com!
THIS IS NOT MY ROM. ALL CREDIT GOES TO ALTERBRIDGE86