Android Tablets Forum banner
241 - 260 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello

I have a tablet with these updated [ROM] justinthegeek's fat free ICS Update: 10/21/12.
Works well, but it happens that after 10 to 15 minutes of use the monitor begins to appear with stains on the right substantially to the middle of the screen.
What could it be? Some hardware issue or some component improperly connected internally?

I'll have to open the tablet to see or think of some component is overheating?

I await any comments.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys,

Have anyone used USB 3G modem with this firmware?
I've put it into USB port, installed the PPP widget app from GPlay but it does not detect the modem.

P.S. nice firmware :) thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello.

My trouble started about a month ago. Suddenly I get the " Preparing internal memory" message that runs forever and I don;t have access to the internal memory. Tablet works just fine. I flashed the latest official ROM without the autoscript (can't find it) but same error appears on boot.

Then I tried your custom ROM. Apart from working faster, tablet is getting less wrm and battery lasts forever!!! Unfortunately, the problem with internal memory remains.

I tried reinstalling 2-3 times with same issue. I even changed the command file as to folmat only the media folder but in vain.

Can anyone send me a way to wipe completely internal flash memory and then install justinthegeek's fat free ICS ROM? An autoscipt, a programm or anything....

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my tablet was more stable on 7/23/12, but after trying the newer version, i lost the folder with the files, can anyone post me a link to the 7/23/12 version

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Tried to install this 10/21/12 version of FFICS but it only has a 1GB internal partition, am I missing something?
Also, is there a way to have a 4gb partition instead of a 1 or 2?

I think 3gb internal and 3gb flash (for TitaniumBackup and Navigon map) would be the ideal!

Thanks!

·
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
1. Yeah, I went to your signature and downloaded the 1.4Ghz 2GB kernel and the 800mhz 2GB recovery, all went smooth, and tablet is VERY fast! (I might get my son a smaller 7 incher and keep this one as a navigation GPS system and other apps I use!

2. Thanks for your hard work and research! I still have 600 mb free with the 2GB and 100+ apps, I should be ok! Navigon found the /mnt/flash partition to install the maps onto and I am using TitaniumBackup to this location also. Is there a way to make the flash partition /mnt/sdcard and the sdcard /mnt/sdcard/external_sd? I believe Settings/Storage doesn't like this as I tried modifying vold_fstab and it all went whacko when I ejected the sdcard..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Request:

I use Exchange (Email 4.1 and Exchange Services 4.1) for my work email and I use projectM for my Live wallpaper but Live Wallpaper Picker is missing, can someone please post an installable version of these or can the OP include it in the ROM? Also, is there a way to include the USB-Serial drivers like they did tun.ko so I don't have to reload them every time in set_display_mode.sh?

Also, is there a way to update busybox without breaking the sound (Panel) selection on HDMI Switch?

·
6,629 Posts
Request:

I use Exchange (Email 4.1 and Exchange Services 4.1) for my work email and I use projectM for my Live wallpaper but Live Wallpaper Picker is missing, can someone please post an installable version of these or can the OP include it in the ROM? Also, is there a way to include the USB-Serial drivers like they did tun.ko so I don't have to reload them every time in set_display_mode.sh?

Also, is there a way to update busybox without breaking the sound (Panel) selection on HDMI Switch?
justinthegeek hasn't been on SlateDroid since Nov. 2012, I don't think he's going to make any updates... You should be able to get the wallpaper apks from the stock Zenithink ROM, and just place them in the /system/app folder and reboot the tablet...

For the usb serial drivers, not sure what you want, is it automatically being loaded or do you need to manually initiate a script after boot? You can try enabling init.d support to autorun a script after boot, you can follow KainXS's how-to if you want to try that - http://www.slatedroi...nitd-for-zt280/

I don't have a ZT-282 tablet, but I believe the busybox update/hdmi switch setting problem has to do with which app you use to update busybox... Use the one from JRummy Apps Inc..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cool... But be careful with the 1.4GHz kernel, it may overheat the tablet and may melt some components inside of the tablet, I do not recommend using it, but it's up to you....

Hopefully someone can help you switch the mont points, I'm not familiar with that....

justinthegeek hasn't been on SlateDroid since Nov. 2012, I don't think he's going to make any updates... You should be able to get the wallpaper apks from the stock Zenithink ROM, and just place them in the /system/app folder and reboot the tablet...

For the usb serial drivers, not sure what you want, is it automatically being loaded or do you need to manually initiate a script after boot? You can try enabling init.d support to autorun a script after boot, you can follow KainXS's how-to if you want to try that - http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/37235-initd-for-zt280/

I don't have a ZT-282 tablet, but I believe the busybox update/hdmi switch setting problem has to do with which app you use to update busybox... Use the one from JRummy Apps Inc..
Cool, thanks for the info! What speed do you suggest to use so no components get melted? 1.2Ghz or 1Ghz? And will try the init.d approach. Thanks!

·
6,629 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info! What speed do you suggest to use so no components get melted? 1.2Ghz or 1Ghz? And will try the init.d approach. Thanks!
I'm not sure, I don't have a ZT-282, just wanted to warn you.... Have you felt the back of the tablet getting really hot on the 1.4GHz kernel? The lower the CPU frequency, the cooler the tablet should be... I guess you need to do some testing and see what works best for you....

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm not sure, I don't have a ZT-282, just wanted to warn you.... Have you felt the back of the tablet getting really hot on the 1.4GHz kernel? The lower the CPU frequency, the cooler the tablet should be... I guess you need to do some testing and see what works best for you....
Yes, it was getting hot, but I switched to 1Ghz. I think it runs fine, not as fast, but it's usable. Thanks for the warning!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anybody have a fix for HDMI black screen in the middle yet? I can watch Netflix but a black square pops up when using HDMI....

Click on image to see high-res image..

Thanks!

EDIT: Is there a way to turn off the Screen Capture button from the task bar? Maybe a setting or editing a file (i.e. build.prop?)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed this rom. It boots up fine after flashing, but the next time I bot the tablet, it freezes on the boot animation. I have tried it with the standard boot animation and a custom animation but the same result.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello.

My trouble started about a month ago. Suddenly I get the " Preparing internal memory" message that runs forever and I don;t have access to the internal memory. Tablet works just fine. I flashed the latest official ROM without the autoscript (can't find it) but same error appears on boot.

Then I tried your custom ROM. Apart from working faster, tablet is getting less wrm and battery lasts forever!!! Unfortunately, the problem with internal memory remains.

I tried reinstalling 2-3 times with same issue. I even changed the command file as to folmat only the media folder but in vain.

Can anyone send me a way to wipe completely internal flash memory and then install justinthegeek's fat free ICS ROM? An autoscipt, a programm or anything....

Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello.

Thanks.
I believe that's the first thing it does when you install one of these ROMs, it partitions and formats them. Not sure but I have a feeling it does. If you flash too many times you can corrupt your flash memory FYI but you gotta do some heavy flashing for that to happen.

·
6,629 Posts
Hello.

Thanks.
I thought maybe it was the stock Zenithink recovery justinthegeek packed with his ROM.... Have you tried reflashing with my 2GB data partition recovery?

241 - 260 of 279 Posts