Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fat free ice cream sandwich!​

This rom contains only the necessary files and is based off of the newest C91 Upgrade image from Zenithink

Modifications 10/21/12
=====================================================================================
Updated to newest files released from Zenithink

Modifications 7/23/12 (old version)
=====================================================================================
Added CPU specific optimization - All I can say is WOW! It's running as smooth as an iPad!
More build.prop tweaks
Added modified host file to remove most ads from the browser and apps.
Added the correct boot.logo and boot_update.logo

Modifications 7/22/12 (old version)
More performance tweaks
Removed more unneeded files
Removed extra upgrade files
Compacted install image
Optimized ram usage
Added 4 missing boot files for random failed rom installs

Modifications 7/14/12 (old version)
Zipalign all the files
1.0Ghz kernel with 2Gb partition (Thanks omarahum for your fast work)
Many performance tweaks to build.prop
Apex Launcher set as default
Removed un-needed files and trimmed the fat
Disabled 3g data and phone services (If you need to use a 3g dongle, hw.nophone=true needs to be set to false in build.prop)
Changed Dalvik settings
Changed media player options
Licence1 update

Screenshots
Desktop
App Screen

Download
justinthegeek ffics 10/21/12
Flash.apk

Install
Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if this file bricks your ZT-282, breaks your toaster, makes you pregnant, or kills your neighbors.

Download and extract the folder zt-update to the root of the sd card
Turn off the tablet and insert sd card
Turn the tablet on by pressing the camera button and the power button at the same time
Follow the on screen instructions, it may ask to press the camera button to update the spl
On first boot, select the 2nd option and it will start the initial setup

Bugs
On first install and boot it will ask what task you want to perform. Choose the 2nd option. (This is a bug with the factory rom. I'm still trying to pinpoint what's causing this.)
Because the 3g data and phone services are disabled, opening settings and choosing sound will cause settings to crash. (To change the notification sound: Set hw.nophone to false in build.prop, reboot, change the notification sound, set hw.nophone back to true and reboot)
If anything else shows up, please let me know!

Like my work? Want to buy me a beer? Click here!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was not the ROM, but my sdcard with incorrect formatting.
I tested with another sdcard and updated.
So again I put my sdcard patriot 16gb class 10 formatting with "Allocation unit size" as default and workings great.

Thanks for the ROM, very smooth, very fast.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I flashed this ROM, it appeared to go through the complete installation process, then it rebooted and I just get get a blank screen. Reset the tablet and tried to boot again and still just the blank screen.

Tried reflashing the ROM, exactly the same thing happens.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks, that did the trick. Maybe it would be a good idea for ROM-makers to include those files in future just in case?

Thanks also to Justin for the ROM, first impressions are very good!
Good call, I thought I found the issue in the rom itself causing that black screen stuff but I guess not. I will update the file when I get home.

EDIT: @omarahum, is there any reason this is causing issues with some people and not others?

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Good call, I thought I found the issue in the rom itself causing that black screen stuff but I guess not. I will update the file when I get home.

EDIT: @omarahum, is there any reason this is causing issues with some people and not others?
I really have no idea....

The only thing I can think of is that since the spl and logo files are in the same area on the nand, but not on any "seen" partition, that flashing the spl alone may be corrupting the logo files that are stored on the tablet and the tablet gets stuck, so if you flash both the spl and logo files, nothing gets corrupted and the tablet is able to boot..... Just a guess....

Just out of curiosity, what did you think was causing it, and what did you think the possible solution would be?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just out of curiosity, what did you think was causing it, and what did you think the possible solution would be?
I found a folder with the battery images and there were duplicate files some how. ex: 0.jpg, 0.jpg, 1.jpg, 1.jpg, ect. I have no idea how they made a zip with dup files. I could not edit the folder, only delete it. I replaced it with the folder from the last update. I thought that was causing the corruption but it seems that's not it.

1 - 20 of 279 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.