Android Tablets Forum banner
421 - 440 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I succefully update to 5.1 but I have one question:Afterwards when I connect to my computer via USB I get 2 drives E: and F: and computer ask me to format these.Do I format these 2?Thank you very much

·
Registered
646 Posts
[quote name='xaueious;34535]enotar mount the drives first' date=' then format the one that isn't formatted.[/QUOTE']1-OK Fat or Fat32 (as I want?) computer ask me to format this E: 707 mb disk so I presume this is the one?2-What about the other disk that is not availlable in windows 7 and that the computer dont ask me to format F:?Another point, will it be better going to 6 beta?Thank you

·
Registered
646 Posts
Now that I have this Rom installed I of course tried to issue SU in terminal to root itI succeed until i pushed "Always" and the permission was deniedWhat can I do?BTW: Android 1.5 S***s big time compare to 1.7.4 and of course 2.1 or 2.2Thank you

·
Registered
254 Posts
enotar;35458 said:
BTW: Android 1.5 S***s big time compare to 1.7.4 and of course 2.1 or 2.2
Since A) there is no such thing as Android 1.7 (not to mention 1.7.4) and
no one has succeded in running anything but Android 1.5 on our tablets, I can't understand why you think so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm am new to Andriod and wanted to get the correct information to update my new apad. Here is the information I have. aPad version 2 with Webcam and Rockchip CPU Model: sdkdemoFirmware : 1.5Kernel Version : 2.6.25 RockChip Version : 1.7.4 ( yuxing ) Build : RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100612.025602Silver Back - PlasticRed LED 9 vdc PowerIs the Rogerbraun 5.1 update the correct one for this device. There is so many versions... Just want to make sure Thanks in Advance Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Custom ROM for 8" M8001?I have the aluminium-case aPad with rogerbraun 5.1 firmware, which really makes so much difference. Congratulations and many, many thanks to everyone, especially Roger, involved in this great piece of work.I do find, though, that my aPad is a bit small, especially the screen for reading technical articles, but I didn't really want the extra size and weight of a 10" device. Anyway, I much prefer an aluminium case, which, as well as being more robust, makes it much easier to replace the battery when the time comes - or so it would seem. And all the 10" pads out there seem to have plastic cases.Then I found an 8" aluminium-case pad that looks very close to a clone of the 7" aPad, after a small dose of growth hormone. Its most common name seems to be M8001. Here's an example: M8001 ipad Tablet PC Android 1.5 8quot; CPU Dual Core 600GMHZ...USD198.55 Wholesale Price at DHgate.com. Some sites give it an 800 x 600 display, as opposed to the familiar aPad 800 x 480 (not in itself a bad thing - same as regular eBook readers, for example), but otherwise it shows a distinct resemblance to the 7" aluminium-backed Rockchip pads.Can any of the experts here tell me, either from inspection of the "spec", such as it is, or from first-hand knowledge, if the 5.1 firmware will port easily to this pad?I've taken the chance and ordered one anyway, but it would be nice to think that I'm not alone with the cruddy stock firmware.Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Try it and find out when it arrives, it has the same resolution as the 7" version though so it's not going to be that much better for reading your technical documents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks, Steep, for the quick response.Do you know that this M8001 has 800 x 480 resolution or is that from the ad? I have certainly seen the same model advertised with 800 x 600. The problem with 800 x 600 is that I may not find custom firmware - I see on the Eken thread, for example, that several people have asked about porting the M001/2 custom ROM to the M003 but have got no replies. Otherwise I would obviously prefer the better resolution. But even with 800 x 480 the screen will be bigger, even if the number of dots is the same!I'm tempted to try to flash 5.1 when the thing arrives (assuming my seller's legit, of course). Do you know how to backup an existing firmware if the upgrade doesn't work? (I've seen this question asked before but don't recall seeing an answer).Many thanks - I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys, I tried to download this file but i caint find it once it loads onto my PC. Where is the file and how do i change the version on my aPad?

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do i know if this rom will work with my apad?i have a rockchip one, and it has a red led when i charge it.also if the flash goeswrong, is there a way to return to the original rom?cheers

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='Audi89;40384]Hey Guys' date=' I tried to download this file but i caint find it once it loads onto my PC. Where is the file and how do i change the version on my aPad?[/QUOTE'] When you click "save file as" (if its windows) write down where you are saving it to, if your using mac maybe someone else in here can make a comment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else having the same problem as me and know a way around it? I?m using this rom but when I add new bookmarks and using the standard browser it often force close and sometimes when that happen it remove all my bookmarks and history and restore the bookmarks that was there by defualt like BBC, ESPN, New York Times and so on.Anyone know what to do?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some have trouble in suspend mode ?My apad if i kept on suspend they still running and using power and battery lost power after ~4hours

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi Roger,i just got my new aPad (3 weeks ago) but am confuse how to recognize this thing. (the box is white plain with no manual book)i bought it from a local seller and he gave me this link in order for me to know about the product (but am getting it more confused), i would like to ask your help, maybe you could help me to find out what best/fits for this thing to be upgraded or so on. the questions are:1. i don't know which developer this come from 2. said using your ROM, with this details i got from About MID menu:---- Status > battery, signal, etc---- Legal information---- Contributors---- Model Number > aPad---- Firmware version > unknown---- Kernel Version > 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)---- Build number > RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100512.140303it has camera, and details on charger : - MOdel : JS-302I/P AC : 100-240VAC 50-60HzO/P DC: 5VDC 2000mAit has red LED on both charger and unit (when charging).could you please adv me what best/fits to upgrade the ROM (whether i have is the latest ROM you have?)?thanks in advance for your adv & replyPS: am truly blind with android OS, am sorry if you a bit confuse for my questionsedit: game farm frenzy and sudoku running in less than half screen (not full screen) what is wrong?

·
Registered
254 Posts
MageAndroid;46662 said:
game farm frenzy and sudoku running in less than half screen (not full screen) what is wrong?
Most Android apps are made for phones - And most Android phoones have much smaller screens and lower resolution than an aPad. So . The way Android works, a game made for a 320x480 phone screen will show up on the aPad as occupying just a small portion of the screen real estate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote name='ZilverZurfarn;47298]Most Android apps are made for phones - And most Android phoones have much smaller screens and lower resolution than an aPad. So . The way Android works' date=' a game made for a 320x480 phone screen will show up on the aPad as occupying just a small portion of the screen real estate.[/QUOTE'] is there anyway to make them work in full screen??

421 - 440 of 472 Posts