Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
This is a custom firmware that tries to take the best parts of the several roms for the Rockchip: Archos 7HT, Ramos W7, aPad. This version will run only on an aPad WITH camera!What works:new in 5.1* Wake-up issue fixed* "Display turns off when trying to shut down" issue fixed* 300 mb size for apps (thanks xaueious)* Home key mapped to back (thanks xaueious)* Adblock using host file (thanks xaueious)* Removed everything (IME/apps) except media players/browser/gapps* Starts up in english (thanks fun_)* Rotating launcher (thanks again xaueious)* Other stuff.* READ INSTALL NOTES!INSTALL NOTES FOR 5.1This release changes the size of some partitions, so you will lose all your apps, data and the files you have on your aPad (not on the sdcard), so back them up if they are important!If you are coming from the kangxau rom you will NOT lose your files, but you will lose your apps. I switched to xaueious partition layout in this release so that our roms are compatible in the future.As the partition layout is changed, you will have to reformat the internal flash. Just connect the aPad to your computer, choose the second drive that comes up and format when Windows asks you to. This will only need to be done once. Again, if you are coming from xaueious rom this is not necessaryIn the future, it should be possible to update without losing any settings or apps.new in 4.5* 611 kernel, mic works now.new in 4.1* Media now works from internal flash, sdcard and usb.New in test 4* New media players from the Ramos firmware (coverflow for photos, preview for videos)* Solved problem with playing video from sdcardNew in test 3.5* Full screen works in all programs (thanks to hellomerong!)New in test 3:* Portrait mode works as expected!New in test 2:* Based on hellomerongs fw, so has root and all the nice apps he added* Added Simeji (Japanese IME)* Replaced media players with the Archos files.New in test 1:* Seem a bit faster* Launcher looks a bit nicer* Apps can run in real landscape mode (see Robo Defense screenshot)* Droid Comic Viewer works, did not work for me on the original firmwareFeatures of base:* USB Mass Storage* Root* Wifi* Everything you would expect from hellomerongs custom fwHow to install:* Download the update.img and flash it following the instructions here: http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin...-Update-Tools-for-Installing-ROMs-and-Updates* This should work, but no guarentees, so flash on your own risk.Screenshots:
Download:* See Downloads sectionOld Files:* 4.1 Full update.img http://www.multiupload.com/YHYOJD8E42* Test 4 Full update.img http://www.multiupload.com/C4HG77SLC2* Test 3.5 Full update.img http://www.multiupload.com/V6E9RJVHWV* Test 3 Only system.img: http://www.multiupload.com/7B0T2JJ6NI* Test 3 Full update.img: http://www.multiupload.com/BZCWCP8RO4* Test 2: http://www.multiupload.com/EZ1TAWY5AF* Test 1: http://www.multiupload.com/Y6D11OKDT2

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank You! Great Job!So, I am assuming every hardware works, including USB?As far as the software, the calendar and the market doesn't work in this version?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=xaueious link=topic=574.msg4743#msg4743 date=1275593921]Try comparing the build.prop files for the 2 ROMs and see if there's something that deals with the inversion there.[/quote]No, they are pretty much the same except for device name etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
>>> No real fullscreen. As you can see on the screenshot, the menu is always visible. It's not worse, for me, it's good!!!!Some apps (e.g. JustPictures) require physical back key to jump back to previous menu/screen, however, our aPad doesn't had a physical back key, the always-on menu bar is a life saver...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm working on archos firmware also. I changed all image to archos one except kernet.img.Archos firmware is much faster and stable than apad original even if it is not able to use camera and g sensor.I have fullscreen problem like you, and failed make rooted firmware.I think we can solve fullscreen problem with changing launcher.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How did you manage to get the touchscreen to calibrate using only Archos parts?
I changed several files in system.img(copy apad's settings.apk and vold, modify vold.conf)I'm trying to use google stuffs, but it failed. I think I should rebuild archos's source code.

·
Registered
954 Posts
From my kernel building with my G1, the boot.img contains drivers for the accelerometer that must be present for the accelerometer service (is it still akmd?) to run. Also missing are camera drivers that need to be in there kernel, and matching modules in /system/modules or wherever modules are placed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
[quote author=xaueious link=topic=574.msg4889#msg4889 date=1275635564]From my kernel building with my G1, the boot.img contains drivers for the accelerometer that must be present for the accelerometer service (is it still akmd?) to run. Also missing are camera drivers that need to be in there kernel, and matching modules in /system/modules or wherever modules are placed. [/quote]If I use apad's boot.img, is accelerometer working?I'm not sure which is better, using apad's boot.img or archos's one.

·
Registered
954 Posts
[quote author=hellomerong link=topic=574.msg4908#msg4908 date=1275642645][quote author=xaueious link=topic=574.msg4889#msg4889 date=1275635564]From my kernel building with my G1, the boot.img contains drivers for the accelerometer that must be present for the accelerometer service (is it still akmd?) to run. Also missing are camera drivers that need to be in there kernel, and matching modules in /system/modules or wherever modules are placed. [/quote]If I use apad's boot.img, is accelerometer working?I'm not sure which is better, using apad's boot.img or archos's one.[/quote]

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=hellomerong link=topic=574.msg4880#msg4880 date=1275633734][quote author=rogerbraun link=topic=574.msg4873#msg4873 date=1275631834]How did you manage to get the touchscreen to calibrate using only Archos parts?[/quote]I changed several files in system.img(copy apad's settings.apk and vold, modify vold.conf)I'm trying to use google stuffs, but it failed. I think I should rebuild archos's source code.[/quote]Ah yeah, i did the same thing. Did you get USB to work?

·
Registered
48 Posts
[quote author=rogerbraun link=topic=574.msg4936#msg4936 date=1275646953][quote author=hellomerong link=topic=574.msg4880#msg4880 date=1275633734][quote author=rogerbraun link=topic=574.msg4873#msg4873 date=1275631834]How did you manage to get the touchscreen to calibrate using only Archos parts?[/quote]I changed several files in system.img(copy apad's settings.apk and vold, modify vold.conf)I'm trying to use google stuffs, but it failed. I think I should rebuild archos's source code.[/quote]Ah yeah, i did the same thing. Did you get USB to work? [/quote]If you mean external USB mass storage, I've not tested.If you mean connect to PC via USB, Yes, It works.Archos 7 HT use /sdcard and /flash folder for internal storage, and use /flash/sdcard for real sdcard.I just changed vold.conf of apad "/sdcard to "/flash/sdcard"

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=hellomerong link=topic=574.msg4946#msg4946 date=1275649315]If you mean external USB mass storage, I've not tested.[/quote]The problems I ran into when I tried to base my firmware on Archos and just add aPad parts:* Calibration would not work (solved by replacing Settings.apk)* SD-Card would not work (solved by replacing vold.conf)* Google Apps tend to crash (unresolved)* USB mass storage would not work (unresolved)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, the base is the aPad firmware. Launcher and framework files have been replaced, but except for that it is the normal aPad fw.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote author=steffgeezer link=topic=574.msg5143#msg5143 date=1275689477]Anyone know if this works with the v1 with no camera? Or will it brick it?[/quote]Well, if the v1 uses the same flash method as the v2, it should not brick it. It may not run (although I doubt it), but it won't brick if you only flash the system.img, as you should always be able to reflash the original image. The 530 firmware is supposedly only for the v2, but I don't really believe it does not work on the v1. I have no guarentees, though. Has anyone flashed the 530 on his or her v1? Or hellomerongs fw?

1 - 20 of 472 Posts