Android Tablets Forum banner
121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmm... I needed USB connection today so I switched from 5.2 to beta 6. Everything seems much much faster here! I only have one small problem, maybe someone knows how to get around it. I played around with different wallpapers and now I just can't find my way back to the original one, does anyone know how to do this?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just wondering if it making new fw for batch 3 aPad is as easy as: unpack your fw, take new bootloader.bin (i.e. from 0802 fw) and pack it again?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Firmware works great for me! Fast! Only one small issue, I have noticed a slight screen flicker that someone else mentioned. But I only notice it when using Aldiko. So I don't know if its a matter of an Aldiko bug or me only noticing it because of the white background in the program (as opposed to the darker wallpaper I have). Or maybe it's my tired old eyes telling me to turn the damn thing off and go to sleep! Not a big deal though.On another note, my camera hasn't worked since the day I got it. Original firmware, HiApad update, 5.2, or this one. Oh well, don't think I would have ever used it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Works great for me thanks.The camera and microphone work, but the quality is so bad it isn't really usable anyway. I'm suprised because the quality of the "normal" MP4 player's microphone is 100 times better than the aPad's.

·
Registered
80 Posts
roger,I updated your hybrid 6 ROM with xau's new kernel module. I hope that's ok. I just want to know where I can upload it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote name='Rariv;40871]Hi everyone.I just got my aPad. It's a Aluminium model' date=' with an oval iRobot logo on the back and a camera in the front. In the Information Screen, it [URL=says:Model]says:Model[/URL] Number: MID070R1Firmware Version: 1.5Kernel version: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)I don't know the colour of the charging LED, nor the voltage, because the seller (for some strange reason) didn't send the AC adapter, and now I'm waiting for it. The seller did say however that the LED was Red.My question is: Can I install this firmware in my aPad? And if for some reason it goes wrong, can it be recovered, or I'll just end up with a fancy paper-weight?And can I install the previous 5.1 version?Thanks in advance ;)[/QUOTE']I got my charger today, and as it turns out, it's a 9v 1500mA charger, and it's a RED LED. Now I'm completely confused. Does anyone have a model like mine? If so, can I flash it with a batch 2 firmware?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='Rariv;53154]I got my charger today' date=' and as it turns out, it's a 9v 1500mA charger, and it's a RED LED. Now I'm completely confused. Does anyone have a model like mine? If so, can I flash it with a batch 2 firmware?[/QUOTE'] You can try looking in this thread http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-xaue...l-red-led-9v-metal-hiapad-chinese-0802-a.html, also can confirm that the search function (top right) is working well, i searched for "9v red led apad", like anything to do with firmware allways check your device, and then check it all again before flashing! that way you wont end up with a fancy paperweight

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote name='mingnon;53166]You can try looking in this thread [URL]http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-xaueious-firmware/4135-%5B-piece-software-flashed-device-expand-its-functionality%5D-apad-metal-red-led-9v-metal-hiapad-chinese-0802-a.html[/URL]' date=' also can confirm that the search function (top right) is working well, i searched for "9v red led apad", like anything to do with firmware allways check your device, and then check it all again before flashing! that way you wont end up with a fancy paperweight[/QUOTE'] Thanks. Inside that thread there was another link to this thread: http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-andr...ted-bricked-apad-irobot-md01-v6-0-solved.htmlThe guy there modified the 5.1 Rom to be used on similar devices. If anyone's interested, follow that thread.

·
Registered
176 Posts
[quote name='Rariv;53154]I got my charger today' date=' and as it turns out, it's a 9v 1500mA charger, and it's a RED LED. Now I'm completely confused. Does anyone have a model like mine? If so, can I flash it with a batch 2 firmware?[/QUOTE'] What's the build date in your About MID page in the settings? If it's 0729 then you already have 0802 installed, which actually reads 0729. And no, you can't flash it with batch 2 firmware unless you mod it first with your kernel and bootloader.I have created an 0806EN rom for these apads which seems to run the fastest out of all the roms I tried so far. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

·
Registered
27 Posts
djxs;53186 said:
I definitely think so. It fixes the Power/Suspend button issues too.
I've been trying your ROM, and it is very similar in terms of speed to the RB 5.1, maybe a bit faster, and I like how it retains that "Original" feel of the Android, however, the 5.1 has a few options that are not in your ROM, namely: rotating the screen in the main menu.I'll be using your version for now, because even without extra features, is more stable, and more bug-free. Thanks ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
PLEASE HELP....I'm a newbie at this...!!!I just got my aPad (the box says iRobot). It's an Aluminium model, with the oval iRobot logo on the back, Red LED light, 9V charger, and a camera in the front. Here's the info:Model Number: MID070R1Firmware Version: 1.5Kernel version: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)Build Number: RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100729.130751My question is: Since the factory firmware is slooooooow.....What custom firmware should I use...??? Any tutorials on how to do it...???Thank you very much in advance....!!!

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='duoteknia;54171]PLEASE HELP....I'm a newbie at this...!!!I just got my aPad (the box says iRobot). It's an Aluminium model' date=' with the oval iRobot logo on the back, Red LED light, 9V charger, and a camera in the front. Here's the [URL=info:Model]info:Model[/URL] Number: MID070R1Firmware Version: 1.5Kernel version: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)Build Number: RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100729.130751My question is: Since the factory firmware is slooooooow.....What custom firmware should I use...??? Any tutorials on how to do it...???Thank you very much in advance....!!![/QUOTE'] its a 9 volt so not a batch 2, so this wont work. The same as it wont work with the Donaldson firmware (where you also posted).Check this http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-andr...v-red-led-md01-v6-0-3-27-bootloader-only.htmlas this may also be yours, you will need to check before flashingand then have a look at HiApad and see exactly what model you have before flashing as like with all flashing you are taking a risk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the update - i had some trouble getting the marketplace to work but its working now after changing the timezone.Some issues i found:
  • When i connect a mouse, the X/Y direction of movement is messed up (when holding the pad in potrait, the mouse moves as it should if the pad where in landscape).
  • The mouse doesn't work when i hold the pad in landscape! It just disconnects!
  • The 'Search' button on the Google widget is an orange square
  • The bootup screen is quite ugly, i much prefer the regular ANDROID one
  • The camera requires an SD card to take pictures, the factory firmware allowed me to save them to the internal memory (just a suggestion if it is easy to fix)
Other than these things, the firmware is great!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
infibeam.com is the wad shop i purchased it from Its called as infibeam Phi Model number sdkDemoFirmware version !.5Kernal version2.6.25rockchip version 1.2.7(ruiguan)Build numberRK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100715.091857It has red led and a 9v charger problems tilting screen dosent happen (Random some times)usb thumb drive not able to connect even if host setting is onplz help he

121 - 140 of 151 Posts