Android Tablets Forum banner
101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
[quote name='Viper;30721]the benchmark tool shows the speed at half what it is so if it's saying 299 that's actually 598 or close enough to 600. The VIA ones are the same so if they are 350 it shows 175.[/QUOTE]To be even more precise (and hopefully get the confusion out of the way)' date=' the benchmarks tools are not showing the processors frequency (Mhz) value at all. It's BogoMIPS ("Bogus Million Instructions Per Second").BogoMIPS is basically the number of million times per second a processor can do absolutely nothing. This number tells you what the processor can [B']do[/B], but doesn't say everything about the processor speed. Newer processors can do multiple things at the same time and need less clock-cycles for the same code. More info here: BogoMips - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaViper is right however that you can roughly say "2 * BogoMIPS = clockspeed" but that is not a fact, just a rule of thumb.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How I can check it? I mean, can I install this ROM, and if any problem - made recover old firmware. Or I can to broken device?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys took the risk and update to hybrid6 it worked for a day. Now, it wont get past the boot screen - should I downgrade back to 5.1 or can anyone suggest a quick fix. Plus has anyone had a similar problem.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Can't see why a successful flash would fail after a day but if you can't do anything else then re-flashing seems to be the only way, either redo 6 or go back to 5.1 and see if it solves your problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Think I will reflash to 5.1 for the time being. Maybe Roger could implement a recovery rom like the PSP custom firmwares have or maybe a safemode in case an app is causing the boot problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[quote name='jcrip;31797]Is anyone else having problems with some apps not running in full screen? (youtube & most games)[/QUOTE][B]Yes' date=' I'm having also this problem with youtube and Farmfrenzy.Could somebody please give a solution for this problem, without losing my savegame of Farmfrenzy? It would be great.[/B']The rom is working great, I'm very happy with it. It's very stable! Good work!

·
Registered
25 Posts
xaueious;32492 said:
The boot problem is usually because of improper shutdown and can usually be mitigated with a wipeI think the real solution is to work off the Archos (branch 5.1).
Thanks for the info - I just reflashed to hybrid6 again and seems to work perfectly again. I will make sure I shutdown properly in future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
[quote name='zbit;15750]The build number is RK-1.3.2.eng.20100512.140303. Is it correct?[/QUOTE] Near as I can figure' date=' I have the M1 Smartpad... though wondering, E7001 maybe??No LED, No camera (though apps believe there is one), 600+600 DSP, 128MB RAM (though seller claimed 256, grr), HDMI Out. Model number CL-ARMM1a on the back.Is Hybrid 6 Beta a good opt for me? I'm running RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100630.145439 (following resetting to factory default, I swear it was 140303 before!)This is a bit of a repeated convo, sorry - [url']http://www.slatedroid.com/apad-firmware-development/1898-juicy-rk2808-piece-software-flashed-device-expand-its-functionality-smartslate-aka-m1-not-apad-compatible-2.html[/url]

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote name='rogerbraun;19375]It's in the first post. This is only true for this beta rom' date=' though. You can go directly to 5.1 if you want, but not directly to 6. This is because 6 keeps your apps and settings from 5 intact.[/QUOTE'] As I try installing a 4+ MB app like MSoffice I get an out of space message, can u please help me fixing it as I have more than 12Gb of storage left on m.y sd card

·
Registered
8 Posts
[quote name='mikkys;36170]As I try installing a 4+ MB app like MSoffice I get an out of space message' date=' can u please help me fixing it as I have more than 12Gb of storage left on m.y sd card[/QUOTE']Hi - Depending on the OS version, it won't install the app to the SD card directly (or so I've discovered) - make sure there's free space on the system storage/internal storage of your device.... (if you just flashed, they may need formatting)... I'm sure other people will give you better replies, sorry. I'm on a steep learning curve myself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi everyone.I just got my aPad. It's a Aluminium model, with an oval iRobot logo on the back and a camera in the front. In the Information Screen, it says:Model Number: MID070R1Firmware Version: 1.5Kernel version: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)I don't know the colour of the charging LED, nor the voltage, because the seller (for some strange reason) didn't send the AC adapter, and now I'm waiting for it. The seller did say however that the LED was Red.My question is: Can I install this firmware in my aPad? And if for some reason it goes wrong, can it be recovered, or I'll just end up with a fancy paper-weight?And can I install the previous 5.1 version?Thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,rogerbraun thanks for your good work.I have a question: where you found the firmware for smartpad?I search over google but i cant find it :(Jan

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote name='Rariv;40871]Hi everyone.I just got my aPad. It's a Aluminium model' date=' with an oval iRobot logo on the back and a camera in the front. In the Information Screen, it [URL=says:Model]says:Model[/URL] Number: MID070R1Firmware Version: 1.5Kernel version: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan)I don't know the colour of the charging LED, nor the voltage, because the seller (for some strange reason) didn't send the AC adapter, and now I'm waiting for it. The seller did say however that the LED was Red.My question is: Can I install this firmware in my aPad? And if for some reason it goes wrong, can it be recovered, or I'll just end up with a fancy paper-weight?And can I install the previous 5.1 version?Thanks in advance ;)[/QUOTE'] The seller just contacted me and said it comes with a 5v AC adapter, and the USB port I used to transfer files from the PC is the one closest to the audio plug.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rariv: yes you can upgraded to 5.1 but I would wait until you receive the charger, then Don't upgrade yet, play with it until the battery ran out, do a full charge (10 hrs)repeat for 2nd time then do the upgrade. Depend on what version of your Apad, the upgrade methods can be diff. from one to anothers. with mine I have to keep pressing both buttons for the entire firmware flashing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi roger, your beta rom is awsome, but you need to change marketenabler to marketaccess and the superuser whitelist to superuser ( by DD ). You do that and market will be available to anyone. Count on me to help you on your journey. Hasta my friend...Moddingmaster

101 - 120 of 151 Posts