Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.This is the beta version of the next release. Brave souls should try this out and post which bugs are still there and which are new.Features:* Working recovery (thanks fun_)* uses m1/smartPad stuff as much as possible, so should be snappier (thanks darexius for experimenting)Flashing instructions:Just flash as usual, but you have to come from 5.1 or kangxau rom. The update should keep your settings and flash. I had a problem with the launcher crashing on me once on the first launch, but rebooting fixed it. This did not always happen, so please report.Download:http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/downloads.php?do=file&id=50

·
Registered
880 Posts
Looks superb!1st boot took ages. (but we all know that)the icon from the google search 'go' button seems to be missing.on android Market i cant scroll down to further finds in portrait view, works well in landscape.scrolling seems to be snappier indeed

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ya the Launcher is like thatI'd say put the updated RKExplorer in. That is technically a stock Apad app. Then either modify the default_workspace xml or use the one from my 1.3 ROM. I might have screwed up the search widget. Maybe try pulling another one fresh from the SDK. Beyond that, if you didn't notice already, my 1.3 ROMs have the /data and /data/data partitions in ext2 with noatime. So people will lose data going from my 1.3 to yours. But ext2 has less overhead anyways. The noatime should help with performance a bit.You should look into making a bootscreen too. It's initlogo.rle. I put a script together that converts 800x480 images to the bootscreen. I'm seeing your firmware popup on at least 3 Apad sellers. You should consider putting your professional portfolio link on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
the black button won't put it to sleep. but I had issues with that back with the v. 5.1but I would simply hold down the button and choose "suspend".but this version doesn't offer that option: only "sound off" and "shut down" options.is there anyway I can add a "suspend" option?otherwise, I think this is the fastest rom thus far!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Had to reformat the second drive but that was ok. The notification bar has lost the volume controls which is fine as the sound is so poor anyway, we've gained a signal meter for 3G? and the menu/back icons have swapped around which catches me out a bit (I'll get used to it soon enough). Can't say I'm seeing a huge improvement in speed or smoothness but any improvement is worth having and it does seem snappier?

·
Registered
17 Posts
rogerbraun;15471]Hello everyone.This is the beta version of the next release. Brave souls should try this out and post which bugs are still there and which are [URL=new.Features:*]new.Features:*[/URL] Working recovery (thanks fun_)* uses m1/smartPad stuff as much as possible said:
http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/downloads.php?do=file&id=50[/url]
Hi Roger,Can you manually insert portuguese language interface on a rom for the Apad?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Roger,thanks for a great ROM. This one works very well for me! The only odd thing that I can think of is that it scrolls a lot faster in landscape than in does in portrait mode (i.e. scrolling through a web page in Opera Mini). Is that something that can be fixed?Other than that, that is THE rom for me currently.Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
xaueious: Does it really matter if you mount the drives as ext2 or ext3? I though they were compatible. Ext2 with noatime is probably a good idea, though, so I should change it.zbit: The build number means nothing. I just kept it the way it was. But you are right, I should change it between releases.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I updated last night and only had about 10 minutes to test, but here's what I found during the initial testing (I'll do some more testing and post back later):
  • Google search widget is missing the image on the button on the right
  • Long press of circle button with square on it only has two menu items: Mute / Shutdown **Very important that this has a sleep option
  • After using SpareParts to set the 'end' button to 'Home then Sleep', double clicking it does not put the unit to sleep
  • Auto sleep function appears to be working better (eg. Setting under Screen and Brightness)
  • YouTube videos still show up as a small video (whatever the resolution of the video is) (eg. they don't go fullscreen)
  • I was happy to see a name show up as something meaningful (eg. Hybrid 6) instead of saying Archos or just being blank. <-- Once it's final, what do you plan on putting here?
  • Automatic Wifi Off/On from the Settings > Wifi > Advanced Settings still doesn't work properly (never turned off my wifi in the 2-3 test cases I ran)
  • I did not have the reboot issue you mentioned (due to the launcher crashing) coming from your 5.1 firmware

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ext2 and ext3 are structurally similar and both support no-atime. Ext3 is a journaling filesystem, and ext2 typically performs less writes because of this. For flash memory it is recommended to use ext2 since there are fewer writes required for typical operation. I suggest ext2 with noatime enabled.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Excellent build but I have still have issues with screen black out from time to time (need to reboot to fix) and although the front button puts the device to sleep and re-awakes ok after initial power up, it soon stops working. I think there are some issues around the button assignment and suspend sleep mode

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.