Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is a combination of the 25-07 and 28-07 firmwares to get HDMI working, all credits to Oleg_KRV for the 25-07 firmware. To make this firmware THE ULTIMATE BASE FIRMWARE it is further modified to allow WIFI Thethering from ADHOC networks, working Bluetooth, is fully rooted, updated market, CIFS, BusyBox and ADW Launcher.

Functions:
  • HDMI drivers installed
  • Modified WPA_supliant for ADHOC (WIFI tethering from smartphone)
  • USB Bluetooth dongles drivers installed
  • Fully rooted with superuser app (somehow not working out of the box, USE MY SCRIPT BELOW TO FIX THIS IN A COUPLE OF SECONDS)
  • Latest market with modified fingerprint to show more applications
  • Working CIFS, all credits to Oleg for this
  • Busybox installer included
  • Set the DPI to 180
  • Installed latest ADW launcher (stock launcher not deleted)

This firmware is for both FOCUS and old BENA boards, both HARDWARE and TOUCH keys.

Depending on the version of your tablet you can choose from two update versions.

I've uploaded a version for the SMDKV210:
Download SMDKV210 version

And another one for the BENAV210 boards:
Download BENAV210 version

Conversion to TOUCH keys file, flash this with FASTBOOT after flashing the SMDKV210 or BENAV210 for the physical ones
Download the conversion patch

The Tableteater ROOT FIXER script Run the script when tablet is powered on normally (using ADB), NOT FASTBOOT
Download the script

UPDATE 1: I'm very sorry to say that the root doesn't work automatically, it seems to be a permissions problem for the SU file. The rights and owner are set correctly, but when flashed the ROM gets flashed the permissions get all F*CKED UP somehow... USE MY SCRIPT ABOVE TO FIX THIS IN A COUPLE OF SECONDS. I will look for a better solution to fix this

UPDATE 2:For the people that have the TOUCH keys version of the MID816, I'v uploaded file which you can flash just like my firmware in FASTBOOT. PLEASE CAN ANYONE TEST THIS FOR ME????

Please feel free to report any bugs - if any, I will try to fix them ASAP

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi tableteater,

Thank you for your firmware. I have tested it and it works very well, even HDMI works, but it is not rooted. I have tried to root it with both Drfaust script and Tass script but with no sucess. Do you have any solution for it?

UPDATE: It works now! I had to update Busybox from the Market to get it working. Nice firmware

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Surfdiver - that is strange - I tried this firmware and I could change the DPI setting in the build.prop with root explorer - doesn't this mean that this firmware is rooted?

@Tableteater - thank you very much - I can confirm that:
  • Connecting to ADHOC networks works! Tested with Barnacle Wifi Tether on Experia X8 and HTC desire
  • Bluetooth works with cheap 3$ Chinese dongle
  • HDMI seems to work (see Surfdiver)
  • Seems rooted - see comments @Surfdiver above

Keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't have my m816 anymore so i can't check this:
can you use the busybox app that is pre installed?
Or do you need to get it from the market?
Surfdiver said you need to get it from the market, but i have preinstalled it...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't have my m816 anymore so i can't check this:
can you use the busybox app that is pre installed?
Or do you need to get it from the market?
Surfdiver said you need to get it from the market, but i have preinstalled it...
You probably don't need to download the uppgrade for Busybox from the market. I did it because the Root check app (from Tass) said that the busybox was not correctly installed. But it could have worked also with the version of Busybox that was in your firmware.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You probably don't need to download the uppgrade for Busybox from the market. I did it because the Root check app (from Tass) said that the busybox was not correctly installed. But it could have worked also with the version of Busybox that was in your firmware.
No way for me to get root access. It keeps saying that busybox can't get root and to verify superuser.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would like to see this available for the touch button tablets if possible?

Thanks

This is a combination of the 25-07 and 28-07 firmwares to get HDMI working, all credits to Oleg_KRV for the 25-07 firmware. To make this firmware THE ULTIMATE BASE FIRMWARE it is further modified to allow WIFI Thethering from ADHOC networks, working Bluetooth, is fully rooted, updated market, CIFS, BusyBox and ADW Launcher.

Functions:
  • HDMI drivers installed
  • Fully rooted with superuser app (Hmmmm, some people are complaining about this... use tass root script to fix it for now. I will try to fix this in V2!)
  • Set the DPI to 180

This firmware is for the PHYSICAL buttons tablets only (both FOCUS and old BENA boards), if requested I can make a version for the TOUCH button tablets later.

Depending on the version of your tablet you can choose from two update versions.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Functions:
  • HDMI drivers installed
  • Fully rooted with superuser app (Hmmmm, some people are complaining about this... use tass root script to fix it for now. I will try to fix this in V2!)
  • Set the DPI to 180

This firmware is for the PHYSICAL buttons tablets only (both FOCUS and old BENA boards), if requested I can make a version for the TOUCH button tablets later.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How can I see what board i have thanx ricardo70
You can't... You just have to try... Why? well everytime you flash a tass custom image it will change.
PS: Try the SMDKV210 first i you used tass customs.
PS2: Trying the wrong version can't harm cause it will automaticly stop.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can't... You just have to try... Why? well everytime you flash a tass custom image it will change.
PS: Try the SMDKV210 first i you used tass customs.
PS2: Trying the wrong version can't harm cause it will automaticly stop.
Oke I wil try one I still have the stock firm ware from May the first one black rubber with android 2.3 my hdmi work on this one thats wy I waited so long but now i want it al thank you for your reply I see dat je ook uit amsterdam komt leuk groet Richard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@Tableteater

Your firmwares do have a problem with the root - the files are there but probably the permissions are net set right. Maybe you can fix this?

However, after installation of the firmware the problem can also easily be solved by running Tass root script found elsewhere on this site:
Tasselhof root script

Just run it, option 3, and the firmware is rooted!

No other bugs found! Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts

Functions:
  • HDMI drivers installed
  • Set the DPI to 180

And it works!!!!! Perfect HDMI and everything else works (could not try BT dongle and tether). Impressive market app.

UPDATE: BT dongle not recognized on USB or in OTG ports.
Tried different dongles, that are proven to work on my laptop.
Not a problem to me, just giving feed-back.

There is a problem with root but TASS script solves it in no time (please confirm the proper ADB drivers are installed)

Thank you very much great job!

I have an old BENA board and installed firmware smdkv210, not erasing user data.

·
Registered
43 Posts
And it works!!!!! Perfect HDMI and everything else works (could not try BT dongle and tether). Impressive market app.

There is a problem with root but TASS script solves it in no time.

Thank you very much great job!

I have an old BENA board and installed firmware smdkv210, not erasing user data.
For the first time HDMI works. I can confirm even BT with a cheap dongle works.
EXCELLENT WORK!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great work every one!!!

Gingerbread working on A816 (january 2011, with butons, S5PV210)

Zinio not working, market say not compatible with the device, "drfaust-Market_fix" applied. Any suggestion or alternative download location???

Thanks to all.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.