Tap 'n' Tap
Brilliant Corners
Mountain Laurel

Features
- Zeam launcher
- Stock android taskbar
- Stock android settings
- Hardware acceleration
- Full Android market (After market fix below)
- Honeycomb music player
- Duomax's divx ac3 playback fix
- Volume louder than TnT Lite
- Rooted
- It's quick and stable!

Changelog
New stock kernel build
Updated framework files included
Removed non-working apk's intalled in 0.3.1
Build.prop updated slightly
Fixed stretched default wallpaper
Updated Zeam to latest version
Zeam has its default file name market updates may work now (need to wait on a new release to test it)
Updated build.prop to walkerx's latest version
Added /sdcard2 and /usbdisk to mount points so all storage shows up in settings
Included Multi Mount SD-Card Lite widget to mount /sdcard2 as usb mass storage (must use its widget)
Internal sdcard nomedia fix - stops files on the internal sdcard from being deleted
Reverted bootanimation
Added gTabWallPaper app
Minor update to include market fix
0.2d
Initial public release

Known issues
- Google apps accounts can now sign in after signing in with a normal google account, however now sync options will be shown (normal google accounts working fine)
- Wifi light not working
- Some users report issues with the device being unable to wake from sleep while others seem unaffected
- Files on /sdcard2 may get deleted on reboot due to a fatal flaw in the version of android Tap 'n' Tap is based on, workaround below

Install instructions
Assuming you have CWM already installed, make a backup of any installed apps you don't want to lose.

You still need to do the market fix (detailed below - "Market Fix Only") after installing the update!

1. Copy to sdcard root
2. Reboot in CWM
3. Delete data/factory reset is recommended
4. Install zip the usual way
5. Reboot

Give it a few minutes to settle after the first boot as the media scanner runs straight away and might make it feel sluggish. It takes a second for Zeam Launcher to pop into life too.

Market Fix
0.3.1 includes the latest market fix
After setting up wifi and adding a Google account:
1. Go to "Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> GoogleServicesFramework" and press "Clear data" then "Force close"
2. You can do the same with the Market EXCEPT "Clear cache" NOT "Clear data" - although I never had to do this
3. Reboot straight away
4. Wait for WiFi to connect and open Market, if it gives you a server error, reboot again

Please try and keep this thread clear of honeycomb questions, there are others on the forums and no, I am not currently developing a honeycomb rom!

Special Thanks
roebeet + gojimi for their work on the original roms
Nosferatu Alucard for the honeycomb music player
duomax for the ac3 libs
boot animation from droidpirate.com
walkerx for help with the build.prop for the market fix/gazbert for his original findings
Everyone else who's reported issues or gave compliments, it all helps

Downloads

Note that this update will remove the previous non-working mount widget and gtabwallpaper application
0.4 Update from 0.3.1
You must have 0.3.1 installed first!
HannsTitan v0.4 Update

Full ROM
Please save my bandwidth and only download the full rom if you need to, the link above will update your rom from previous versions of HannsTitan
0.4: HannsTitan v0.4

Important note if you are using an external SD card
Download and extract the file linked in this post to the root of your external sdcard. By root I mean not in any folders. You do not need to do this to the internal sdcard as the 0.3.1 update installs this automatically.

FAQ/Notes
- If you wish to mount your external usb storage to copy files to and from your computer, it will be necessary to download an app from the market to do it, have a look on the market for "usb mount widget" or something similar to help you. This is due to a limitation of android and not a bug in this rom.
- Yes, you still have to do the market fix
- Yes, HDMI out does work fine, if it doesn't work for you check if your TV supports 1080p
- The rom has all android telephony related files removed Settings > About > Status does not work for this reason
- This rom uses the stock Tap 'n' Tap ui kernel, it does not support overclocking!
- External SD Cards are mounted as /sdcard2, if the kernel ever supports USB OTG usb hard drives are mounted as /usbdisk
- Titan uses Zeam Launcher because it is lightweight, you can replace this with anything you like, you are not stuck with it
- Recent apps popup is by and large caused by a smudge or heavy fingerprint on the Home softbutton, try cleaning it

Finally,

- If you post an issue try and leave as much detail as possible, including steps on how to reproduce the issue! Just posting "my screen freezes" isn't helpful in the slightest, thanks!

Screenshot

See less See more
#7 ·
Definitely. Considering the specs + great battery life it's a complete steal at the prices around just now.

On the note of battery...

Update: wifi is set to never sleep by default in this rom, if you need to conserve battery power I recommend changing it back

#14 ·
I had some issues with the keyboard and sometimes the touch screen got all wonky where the touch was recognized wrongly. A forced reboot brought it back to normal. I still think there is not a big advantage to honeycomb Roms. I also couldn't watch flash content reliably and had crashes while doing so. There need to be still serious bug outing to do in this rom. Other than that the rom is quite fast

Sent from my Flashback 7.1 using Tapatalk

#17 ·
IT Works fast and stable!

Home/Set/Back Buttons are good when you are sitting in a dark room.
Market not currently showing all apps, like dolphin Browser, but its ok.

Gmail and the other apps look like apps on my mobile.
On the honeycomb they are for tablet optimized.
Is there a way to optimized it for your 2.2 too?

#23 ·
when i read that the original taskbar was implemented, i feared that the navigation buttons were gone too.. i really love the way you implemented these!! thanks a LOT for this super rom!! And for the mail program... maybe it is posible to use the samsung galaxy s ii mail that one is perferct for tablets i think.

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
First of all I'd like to thank for your affords to make this tablet as usefull as possible. Altough my english isn't that bad using the tablet in my native language is way more comfortable.

The rom works like a charm and feels really quick. The missing items in the market are a bit annoying but I think that this might be resolved sometimes. The standard android settings menue is missing the setting for automatic brightness, is it because of this rom doesn't make use of the light sensor?

Edit: I can't use the ES File Explorer to get on my shared files. Can someone confirm that?

#28 ·
I've been using the rom off the Hannspree site for the last week and had nothing but trouble with it to the point where the tablet was going back.

I've just installed the new rom and its very speedy indeed.
I've had the recent apps a couple of times but no biggie.
I've gotten used to the tap n tap keyboard but even with sound ticked there is no sound upon keypress
also i'd like to see the stock browser if possible.

otherwise its great

#32 ·
Well I've been playing with the rom all afternoon, couple of things not working for me at the mo...

Neither of my home keys work - either the soft key or the screen key (the soft key didn't work for me in TnT lite either, but the screen key did)

Not getting the full market

Seems to drain the battery dramatically in standby (10% in 2 hours) - even with the wifi disabled. This wasn't a problem with TnT lite...

Other than that, it's great!

Mines a 1653 if that helps...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.