Android Tablets Forum banner
761 - 780 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lost USB connectivity.

I just found out that I can NOT connect any more with the PC after I installed Hybridkernel v3. My Windows7 64bit now claims 'unknown device'.
It still works with CWM though. Anyone having the same problem?

I tried restarting the pad and the PC, reflashed the kernel three times.... no changes.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Quick question for you guys using the hybridv3 kernel; have you lost HW Acceleration? i.e. What happens if you choose hardware decoding when play a movie file with Rockplayer or MX player
Still use's HW mode, though I noticed, it doesn't use HW for .avi's

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lost USB connectivity.

I just found out that I can NOT connect any more with the PC after I installed Hybridkernel v3. My Windows7 64bit now claims 'unknown device'.
It still works with CWM though. Anyone having the same problem?

I tried restarting the pad and the PC, reflashed the kernel three times.... no changes.
So before hybrid you could connect via USB whilst running the ROM?

Maybe you should go back to the older kernel, if you want to stick with hybrid then there are some options:

boot into CWM (Vol + and Power) then choose mount USB from the menu, connect the cable and the PC should see the internal SD contents.

Otherwise there are various android options:

AND FTP - setup your PC as an FTP server and you can browse via the tab.

Ghost Commander - Its an app that lets the pad connect to any samba share (network shared resource). So I can get to data on my PC without connecting the pad to the PC.

WiFi Explorer apps - These let you access the contents of the pad via a Internet browser on your PC.

·
Registered
805 Posts
So before hybrid you could connect via USB whilst running the ROM?

Maybe you should go back to the older kernel, if you want to stick with hybrid then there are some options:

boot into CWM (Vol + and Power) then choose mount USB from the menu, connect the cable and the PC should see the internal SD contents.

Otherwise there are various android options:

AND FTP - setup your PC as an FTP server and you can browse via the tab.

Ghost Commander - Its an app that lets the pad connect to any samba share (network shared resource). So I can get to data on my PC without connecting the pad to the PC.

WiFi Explorer apps - These let you access the contents of the pad via a Internet browser on your PC.
I use ES File Explorer, defiantly the best file manager...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am able to connect from ClockWorkMod and get actually much better transfer speed, but I don't want to reboot every time I want to move a file to the pad. And Wifi is just to slow to move 1GB and more.

@TaoJay and @Karlos. So you are having the same problem???? Please confirm just that I can put my mind to rest and blame the kernel....

I actually flashed Flashback 10.1 last night but it seams to take a lot of resources. I WILL go back to HannsTitan and Hybridkernel once I get the new cover where I can actually access the Hardwarebuttons.... d'oh

Thx 4 ur help so far guys....

·
Registered
15 Posts
As far as I know the stock ROM & USBPowaRom are the only one that allows for USB Connection.

If the USB connection is a big requirement maybe you should consider the Updated Stock ROM
Gtab and Vegantab do also. The only thing USBpowacomb 2.1 adds is the ability for the device to accept an input over usb like a keyboard or mouse (Assuming you have a powered usb hub).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks found it, all works now except there is no Facebook app in market (and other apps are missing too) why is this and can someone point me to a facebook app that works...TIA
Have you done the market fix:

Go to "Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> GoogleServicesFramework" and press "Clear data" then "Force close". Reboot.

I did it and everything shows in the market. Including facebook.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone else got problems with android market now saying apps are incompatible even though they have been previously installed?

Did a full wipe and reinstalled and it's still the same even with the market fix (Which now causes market not to connect at all)

761 - 780 of 786 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.