Android Tablets Forum banner
741 - 760 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, this is my first post in the section so let me start with introducing myself. My name is Ferry and I live in The Hague in the Netherlands and I own a Haspree for a month now and I am very pleased with it. I have tried serveral roms before sticking to the HannsTitan v0.4 version. The main reason for this is stability and the speed gained through [blueinput demo]the Hardware Acceleration. There is one this that I miss though and that is a Cifs kernel module for th;he kernel that comes with this rom. I need this because I want to access my samba server that holds my ebooks, video and music collection which I want to access via a streaming connection rather that downloading a file before open it. Are there alternative kernels that I can use with this rom and keeping all the good capablities intact which gives me a cifs module?

Regards and thanks in advanced.

Fer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, this is my first post in the section so let me start with introducing myself. My name is Ferry and I live in The Hague in the Netherlands and I own a Haspree for a month now and I am very pleased with it. I have tried serveral roms before sticking to the HannsTitan v0.4 version. The main reason for this is stability and the speed gained through [blueinput demo]the Hardware Acceleration. There is one this that I miss though and that is a Cifs kernel module for th;he kernel that comes with this rom. I need this because I want to access my samba server that holds my ebooks, video and music collection which I want to access via a streaming connection rather that downloading a file before open it. Are there alternative kernels that I can use with this rom and keeping all the good capablities intact which gives me a cifs module?

Regards and thanks in advanced.

Fer
Hi,

I have the same issue that I would really want to access, copy and play files from my windows pc/server. CIF app does not work on HannsTitan.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi

I am a total newbie but have managed to install Titian on my pad, and is working well apart from the disappearing media files issue! I have installed the NOMEDIA file in the root of my sdcard and they were still being deleted. So I tried creating a my videos file and installed it there as well along with videos but they are still getting deleted! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've tried all the other Roms but always come back to this, only gripe I've had in the past is streaming tv and video, tried all flash versions and had to toggle between full screen to get the image to clean up. Having noticed the proper kernal has been released i thought I'd give it a go and have to say its brilliant, no more flash issues and even the wifi light is back

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've tried all the other Roms but always come back to this, only gripe I've had in the past is streaming tv and video, tried all flash versions and had to toggle between full screen to get the image to clean up. Having noticed the proper kernal has been released i thought I'd give it a go and have to say its brilliant, no more flash issues and even the wifi light is back
Which Kernel are you refereing too ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I have installed the Hannstitan 0.4 and all is nearly well..lol..
I can get on the market but it keeps telling me that the app is not compatible
with my device.
I have since found that my deives is now a LG-P990 (fround this from the About Device Page)....it actually is a Hanspree hannspad and I think this is why I can not DL from the app store.

My question is- How do I change my device model number back to it org state?
Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi - as the owner of what seems like the most stable 'aftermarket' ROM for the Hannspad (which I've recently bought) - I was wondering if the OP had seen this bit of news? :
@HannspreeUK: We are pleased to announce that the kernel has been released for the Hannspad and is available from our website. (2nd December)
And if there were any plans to make use of this? (Or if it'll even help!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Edit (original removed)
I installed HannsTitan and did the market fix, but it updated, so lots of apps said 'not compatible with your device' pressing 'uninstall updates' and then running the market immediately fixed the issue (as mentioned by a helpful forum poster).

I'd like to suggest this is mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread or in a FAQ?

Now it's all working my Hannspad is miles better than when first turned on!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why is the default display DPI with this rom 161? This causes hell with the market and compatabilty because most apps require 160.

1) Download "DPI Changer Utility"
2) Set DPI to 160
3) Clear Data for the market app in Application Settings
Fixed.

You can now download "Adobe Reader" & update a bunch of apps which was missing from market.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Could you post which 'proper kernel' you're refering to? I love HannsTitan and would love it even more with Wifi light working.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I not looked over all the posts on here, but I did do a search, and no one seems to have mentioned it...

When I installed this rom, I had the repeated recent apps issue, its defiantly a kernel issue...

I flashed the hybridkernel V3 over the top of the release, and it stopped the recent apps, I am also able to over clock (1.4ghz) unlike the OP, stating it's not possible..

if you have troubles with this rom, flash that kernel, if you don't have problems with the rom, flash the kernel, as its a better kernel and supports over clocking...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just flashed Hybridkernel v3 over my HannsTitan v0.4 installation. (Very easy - No re-installation of any apps required)

My experience:
Wifi light works and will switch of in standby. Light will not switch off if you disable Wifi through the config. (Could anyone confirm this behavior pls?!)
Wake Up seems to work more predictable.
Touchscreen seems more responsive.
Recent Apps coming up over and over again seems to be related with the sensitivity of the home button. Did not have this problem with Hybridkernel.
Overclockable to 1.4Ghz.

Looking for a kernel where the Wifi light works 100% - means that it will go off even if I disable it through config. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

741 - 760 of 786 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.