Android Tablets Forum banner
381 - 400 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for the info Guys, Yes it will boot to CWM

UPDATE*******
I tried to re-flash with GtabComb b3.3 but I get as far as selecting 'chose zip from sdcard' and get a message that reads 'E:Can't mount /sdcard'

Any ideas?

Willie -O^O-
I had this problem today after using my first custom ROM and then returning to stock.

Pressing the Home button did nothing but pressing Menu caused the process to continue and without further issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys,
I'd been running with this ROM for about a month and all great until last week when the machine seemed to be bricked for no apparent reason and with no warning.

I unbricked it following the guide here and reloaded CWM then this ROM again and loaded all my apps again from the Marketplace as the CWM restore didn't work due to different partition sizes (or something) and got it all working again on Saturday, fine and dandy... switched it on tonight and at first it went to the small Android logo then turned off... I plugged in thinking it was a dead battery and it then started up fine BUT the time and date were set back to Jan and time 00:00.... Shut the system down to let it recharge and now all I get is the Hannspad logo, every time I try and start it.... exactly like last week..cannot get to CWM to restore or anything, just the green logo or nothing...

Any clues what the hell is going on? Is it perhaps trying to autoupdate itself and screwing the ROM somehow?

Any suggestions welcome!!

Will unbrick and reload CWM and ROM tomorrow...

thanks guys!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi guys,
I'd been running with this ROM for about a month and all great until last week when the machine seemed to be bricked for no apparent reason and with no warning.

I unbricked it following the guide here and reloaded CWM then this ROM again and loaded all my apps again from the Marketplace as the CWM restore didn't work due to different partition sizes (or something) and got it all working again on Saturday, fine and dandy... switched it on tonight and at first it went to the small Android logo then turned off... I plugged in thinking it was a dead battery and it then started up fine BUT the time and date were set back to Jan and time 00:00.... Shut the system down to let it recharge and now all I get is the Hannspad logo, every time I try and start it.... exactly like last week..cannot get to CWM to restore or anything, just the green logo or nothing...

Any clues what the hell is going on? Is it perhaps trying to autoupdate itself and screwing the ROM somehow?

Any suggestions welcome!!

Will unbrick and reload CWM and ROM tomorrow...

thanks guys!
Strange, maybe you should try a different ROM first before going straight back to GtabComb? Just as a comparison.

Regards.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Strange, maybe you should try a different ROM first before going straight back to GtabComb? Just as a comparison.

Regards.
I might try the GtabComb33 with the kernel that preceded this one and see what happens...
Weird though that it ran for oevr a month and was great and then this, twice... I'm wondering if it was due to running the battery right down by not switching it off properly...
Will play some more and see what happens...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just installed this ROM last night ( did the usual restore custom settings and wipe chache ) . But it seems rather unstable. I had 3 crashes last night ( 2 when coming out of sleep and 1 caused by an app ) and 2 this morning. Is this normal or should I reinstall it ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just installed this ROM last night ( did the usual restore custom settings and wipe chache ) . But it seems rather unstable. I had 3 crashes last night ( 2 when coming out of sleep and 1 caused by an app ) and 2 this morning. Is this normal or should I reinstall it ?
Up until last week, I'd had no crashes at all that I can remember... it all seemed pretty stable and very slick... I'd try wiping and reflashing if it was me... but I'm also having some issues with the ROM apparently corrupting and having to completely unbrick twice in the past week... I think (jury still out) that it happens if I leave the pad to run completely flat by not switching off, perhaps the kernel is not letting the system sleep properly in some way - kind of weird after the Sleep of Death issues that I had before I installed a decent screen saver and set the time-out to prevent the SoD...
Hope that helps, if not try pinging Fards if he's around..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Up until last week, I'd had no crashes at all that I can remember... it all seemed pretty stable and very slick... I'd try wiping and reflashing if it was me... but I'm also having some issues with the ROM apparently corrupting and having to completely unbrick twice in the past week... I think (jury still out) that it happens if I leave the pad to run completely flat by not switching off, perhaps the kernel is not letting the system sleep properly in some way - kind of weird after the Sleep of Death issues that I had before I installed a decent screen saver and set the time-out to prevent the SoD...
Hope that helps, if not try pinging Fards if he's around..
Btw, can I just use Root backup or a similar program to backup everything ( apps + data (( not necessary ofc ))) re-flash and restore ? Or wil I end up having the same problems ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
At first: thanks for this ROM!

I have a problem and i hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a game installed: Galaxy on fire 2 THD (special for tegra 2), however it crashes/lagges sometimes.

The first time i run it after install it works great!
Some time after that when i start is the app freezes (and therefore also the tablet) when i start is.
When i manage to start and load my game i have huge lags (a lot!) however IF i'm able to launch my ship the lag is gone within one second.
Sometimes the lag is so huge i can't even launch my ship.

I don't know if this is a problem with the ROM or with the game because i don't know anyone else with a terga 2 tablet so i was hoping someone could try it out and let me know if it's running smooth.

It seems to lag/crash more the longer I use it. So the first time it's ok but after a few hours (and a few play moments) it starts to lag. After 1 day i can't even start it because i freeze my tablet.

Thanks in advance and this is in NO WAY a complaint to the developer of this ROM, just a question

·
Registered
156 Posts
At first: thanks for this ROM!

I have a problem and i hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a game installed: Galaxy on fire 2 THD (special for tegra 2), however it crashes/lagges sometimes.

The first time i run it after install it works great!
Some time after that when i start is the app freezes (and therefore also the tablet) when i start is.
When i manage to start and load my game i have huge lags (a lot!) however IF i'm able to launch my ship the lag is gone within one second.
Sometimes the lag is so huge i can't even launch my ship.

I don't know if this is a problem with the ROM or with the game because i don't know anyone else with a terga 2 tablet so i was hoping someone could try it out and let me know if it's running smooth.

It seems to lag/crash more the longer I use it. So the first time it's ok but after a few hours (and a few play moments) it starts to lag. After 1 day i can't even start it because i freeze my tablet.

Thanks in advance and this is in NO WAY a complaint to the developer of this ROM, just a question
It's a ROM issue, you'll find all of the Honeycomb ROMs have issues with instances of high intensity usage and also anything that requires HW acceleration. You're best bet would be HannsTitan for gaming. That said, most Tegra games run fine on HC, just GOF2 pushes the hardware to the limit.

Regards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone else encountered issues with the rotation/tilt sensors not working?

My screen will not rotate unless an app requires a specific orientation and when I return to home it keeps that applied rotation even if it is portrait mode. I made sure the sensor lock in the settings from the home screen is off and even downloaded a bubble level app for testing and it doesn't do anything.

Also, are the buttons in bezel disabled in this rom?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone else encountered issues with the rotation/tilt sensors not working?

My screen will not rotate unless an app requires a specific orientation and when I return to home it keeps that applied rotation even if it is portrait mode. I made sure the sensor lock in the settings from the home screen is off and even downloaded a bubble level app for testing and it doesn't do anything.

Also, are the buttons in bezel disabled in this rom?
I run this rom to. BUt rotation works fine ( abit slow somethime but hey ) and the buttons also work. Sounds like a problem with the kernel. Maiby try reflashing or reinstalling the kernel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. I need some help desperatly please. I have the hannspree sn10t1 53 model and have followed these instructions http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/22103-rom-gtabcomb-33-refresh/

All went well and I had Andriod 3.0.1 running very nicely on my device. I then tried to create a market place account and it kept saying it couldn't set it up on the device. I noticed I missed the end point of the above instructions which says to then factory reset and reboot. I did this through andriod and then my device was just stuck on a splash screen with just a yellow\green Android text on it. It just wouldn't load. I tried to boot back into the ClockWorkMod Recovery which works but I get an error regarding drive e now saying it can't be mounted. I can't reinstall the GTabComb3.3_refresh.zip or update.zip as it won't find the sd card. My device is totally stuck now.

Please what can I do? This is meant to be a xmas present for my son but its not looking too good at the moment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
just as an update to the above, somehow after re-formatting my sd card through CWM it actually booted. I think the flag 'Erase USB storage' was the cause so might be an idea to updates the notes to that effect. I'm still having issues using market place though. I get the following message when setting up an account

'Your Gmail account was created sucessfully, but there was a problem adding it to your device'

Do you have any clues?

·
Registered
156 Posts
just as an update to the above, somehow after re-formatting my sd card through CWM it actually booted. I think the flag 'Erase USB storage' was the cause so might be an idea to updates the notes to that effect. I'm still having issues using market place though. I get the following message when setting up an account

'Your Gmail account was created sucessfully, but there was a problem adding it to your device'

Do you have any clues?
Try setting up the account on a PC, use it and then add it to the device. I'd also recommend switching to the latest Flashback ROM with rotations kernel, it's a much improved experience over this ROM.

Regards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i have installed This rom and it's great. All work's fine, also shadow gun and other tegra games. Only one thing, google map (the app) start but after 2 secs
crash and return to white/green android logo block the wifi connection, and i need reboot hangs pad. I try to deselect use gps / wifi for position but the problem not solved. Any idea? thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi, i have installed This rom and it's great. All work's fine, also shadow gun and other tegra games. Only one thing, google map (the app) start but after 2 secs
crash and return to white/green android logo block the wifi connection, and i need reboot hangs pad. I try to deselect use gps / wifi for position but the problem not solved. Any idea? thanks.
Google maps was working fine for me on this rom until the last Google maps update, after that it started doing the same thing as yours.
I installed an earlier version of Google maps and it works ok again now.

Hope this helps

381 - 400 of 428 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.