Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
[quote author=tankboyben link=topic=12062.msg116219#msg116219 date=1294685029]
can someone please post an idiots guide to putting these roms on the tab?
ive got root but thats about as far as i know to do with this
[/quote]

Hi,

You must first identify your APAD:

Batch 2 OR 3 :

Batch 2 has the red led charging 5Volt Bootloader 3.20

Batch 3 has the red led charging 9Volts Bootloader 3.27

You must keep your plug on its transformer MID 5 / 9 volt pending trial

And after :

Download "Flash Tool" APAD below.

http://www.mediafire...14si0y4a0ynl3e9

Download your firmware.

Flash in the following procedure:

1) you turn out your APAD

2) you switch the power button to On and Off

3) you press the home button without releasing it (IMPORTANT) in the upper left.

4) you branch your USB to the PC, then Windows asks you the direction to install the drivers, which are located in the directory "drivers"from "RKAndroid_ENG1" that you previously downloaded "Tools-Rockchip" and installed on your desktop
(When you plug the USB plug should be absolutely on port that is in between the button and the power supply On / Off)

5) You released "Home" after the installation of drivers and opens RKAndroid_ENG1

6) indicates you have RKAndroid_ENG1, management or is the ROM (update.img) downloaded and de-zip on your desktop.

7) you press "Update", the procedure starts, wait until the end, closes and disconnects RKAndroid_ENG1 your USB cable and "Update successful ".

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have been away to long, froyo and gb on the way! nice work devs!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello! Great ROM and thanks for all your hard work.
I do have one question though... The market will only display a few apps to download. It doesnt seem to be updating. I am wondering if it has to do with the location settings. I am in the US so I should have all the apps available.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mitch

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
[quote author=mshumate99 link=topic=12062.msg123556#msg123556 date=1295537633]
Hello! Great ROM and thanks for all your hard work.
I do have one question though... The market will only display a few apps to download. It doesnt seem to be updating. I am wondering if it has to do with the location settings. I am in the US so I should have all the apps available.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mitch
[/quote]

Hi,

Market :

1) connect to the Market and wait for the update.
2) go to applications parameters
3) clear the cache of the Market
4) delete data framework_services
5) re-boot and go to Market

;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi lefeudedieu, can you post some new screenshots of this ROM?

Is it your own interface or did you copy it from another rom?

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
[quote author=a-pad link=topic=12062.msg123663#msg123663 date=1295547457]

Is it your own interface or did you copy it from another rom?
[/quote]

No,it's mine ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with this ROM - flashed my Apad red 9V successfully, but now stuck on Slatedroid boot screen.

I left it for 15 minutes with no change, so switched off and reflashed, its now been about 10 mins and counting with no change.

I'd previously bricked it but restored via hucqim80's (genius!) pin trick - it was running xaueious' latest firmware successfully but I want to try Froyo.

Anything I can try?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My batch 3 was doing the same too. The downloaded file was also named Gingerbread. Some mix-up maybe? I can re-flash to another firmware though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, also noticed the Gingerbread name, thought it might've been mislabelled as nobody else has said anything.

I reflashed to lfd's SuperEclair version and that worked just fine, except I need Froyo for Adobe AIR support.

I'm going to redownload the file for the 9V-Red LED Apad and retry...

Upd - still no go - frozen on Slatedroid logo for about 10 mins now. I'm gonna leave it for a half hour for good luck but things aren't looking great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanx for all the Roms.
I've tried all the Roms.
Relax Hybrid Ginger v1.3, SuperEclair, all FroYo's and Gingerbread, 5 and 9 volt, batch 2 and 3 all off them are working except one.

The one that's wasn't working is FroYo Hybride v3, after I downloaded this one it was labeled as APAD-GINGERBREAD-update3-original boot and it is Gingerbread 2.3.1. looked up in the build.prop (so is not mislabeled)
This one stuck at the Slatedroid logo.

So now I'm using the Relax Hybrid Ginger v1.3 everything works great in this one.
The only thing is, this is not FroYo or Gingerbread, I'll get back to this when, video player, youtube are working and the volume button is back.

Keep up the good work and thanx.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hi,

for all batch 3 9v I just do not make no tests, I is not the tablet.

I had to do it at random and Fortan that she did the test and when he who upload the firmware works.

If it does not work for batch 3, I'll retire, but I just do not repair.
Gingerbread boot seemed the only consistent, according to Fortan.

In any case, because my menu button does almost, I must stop too flash if I want to keep my APAD.

Knowing that we do not repair small video, I do not see how to evolve this firmware.

·
Registered
3 Posts
lefeudedieu want to start off by thanking you for putting such a wonderful firmware together. I do have a quick question though, I am trying to locate the usb host option under settings but do not see it. I am on an apad batch 2. Can you offer some guidance?

Thanks in advance

Best
John

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would also be interested in understanding about the usb host option. My apad has always had problems with wifi connectivity. On the 1.5 stock rom the only reliable way of getting wifi to work was to enable usb host mode and then occasionally the wifi would detect my hotspot and i can connect.

On the 2.2.1 ROM i now just get wifi error and no connectivity. I am starting to think I could have a hardware problem or am i missing something?

If I could get reliable wifi on my tablet i'm sure it would get a lot more use.

Many thanks for all of your development work and a great rom.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thx again

G

·
Thanks for the ROM.

My issue is that the portrait orientation is "flipped" the wrong way round. This is inconvenient as the only reason I use my tablet is for reading.

Is there a quick fix / version I can get to fix this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
NEED HELP

ok so i got the 9v red light jobby and i want to install rom so im following nice instructions except im getting a problem

Flash in the following procedure:

1) you turn out (Off?) your APAD

2) you switch the power button to On and Off <-----------------(have to switch mine to ON for it to show in device manager not Off?!)

3) you press the home button without releasing it (IMPORTANT) in the upper left. <-----------------(doing that fine

4) you branch your USB to the PC, then Windows asks you the direction to install the drivers, which are located in the directory "drivers"from "RKAndroid_ENG1" that you previously downloaded "Tools-Rockchip" and installed on your desktop
(When you plug the USB plug should be absolutely on port that is in between the button and the power supply On / Off) <-----------------(OK so heres the issue, tried both sets of drivers included and both times windows said "could not find drivers" even though i pointed it right at the folder!?!? why??
its driving me bonkers!! Can i get the drivers anywhere else

any help muchly appreciated

Ben

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with this ROM - flashed my Apad red 9V successfully, but now stuck on Slatedroid boot screen.

I left it for 15 minutes with no change, so switched off and reflashed, its now been about 10 mins and counting with no change.

I'd previously bricked it but restored via hucqim80's (genius!) pin trick - it was running xaueious' latest firmware successfully but I want to try Froyo.

Anything I can try?

-

I got the same issue. Flashed it , then got stuck, reflashed to Apad_Update_9vRedled-0802-CN, tablet runs with no hitch, then I tried to reflash again, same results.

Now am back to my 0802 ROM. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all - please forgive me, this is my first post...
I have the 8" 8001B 2808a+ iRobot aPad with 2.1 Eclair and looking to install either 2.2 or 2.3 onto it.
my concern is: 128MB ram it seems (8GB SD in tho) and titantium backup states its unable to access root. Root manager loads and fails (everytime) - so not sure what to do from here. red light on charge and states 5.5V 1.5amp on the back (so I assume its a 5V). Win7 32bit detects it and i can read the on board 1GB storage and 8GB SD card).

Downloaded the 2.2 Froyo Hybride from 1st post - be great to give it a shot!
- but... do i simply copy the file to my SD card, enter safe mode and load from SD?

incidentally, 2.1 eclair isnt exactly fast on the device...

thank you in advance:

61 - 80 of 102 Posts