Android Tablets Forum banner
161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had some issues with these Honeycomb roms, mostly to do with market and youtube app. First, I couldn't register my gmail account using my home wifi, tried using my mobile as a hotspot and presto I could register my gmail account. Then a day later(today, got the tab yesterday) some of the installed apps were ready to upgrade, but update wouldn't start in market. Thought I'd try uninstalling and installing the newer versions of apps, but apps that have previously been installed won't install again... Atleast not via my home wifi and I can't currently test via mobile as my carriers network crashed today and it's still not up. Any ideas on why it's acting this way?
Youtube acts much the same as market. Youtube app didn't show any videos while I was using my home wifi, but after using the youtube app while connected to my mobile set up as a hotspot, it shows videos even while connected to my home wifi... I believe the youtube app "resets" if the tab does, and I have to repeat if I want to use it. Any ideas?
Also, the tab didn't want to find my home wifi originally. I had to change the channel to a lower channel/frequency setting for it to find it. I don't know if this is hardware or software related but any info would be welcome.

Regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have problems with sign in to my gmail. Get a "can't establish a reliable connection to the server" error.

Installed GtabComb_b3.3_bl1.2 and ab_kernel4alpha6 that work fine for 14 days, then I could not connect to gmail and android marked.

Yesterday I installed FlashBack81_adam4_v2 and could not sign in to my gmail. Tried with Wi-Fi and also Hotspot via HTC Desire without any luck. Then I installed HannsTitan-v0.4-FULL and have no problems with gmail.

Today I tried GtabCOMB3.3_refresh and could not sign in to gmail. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
In general this rom seems to run quite well only issues i've found so far:

1) For Flash to work properly you need to use Opera.

2) Still occationally crashes and restarts after being in sleep mode (But not often).

3) Additionaly SDCard Although working on the Hannspad does not seem to be avaliable on my computer when connected to USB (Internal 16GB is avalible in "My Computer").

A question.....or 2......if hardware accel was avaliable on this ROM would the actual OS run faster?
also can we connect USB devices to the PAD e.g. Keyboards, Webcams etc?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Perfect rom. It does restart every once in a while when its stuck in sleep mode, but thats indeed not very often.

I am also interested in connecting USB devices. I already got a wiimote working (I went nuts on Super Mario Allstars yesterday
) but I'd also like to connect USB devices.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi Guys,

1st post, Have been using the Flashback 8.1 rom since yesterday lunchtime & I have found it to be excellent.

I flashed a stock updated Tablet with 8.1.

All soft touch buttons working, no standby issues. Left the tab in standby overnight no probs. Headphone port working, Volume Rocker working as expected.

Had a problem with chainfire (as a newbie to android I could well have been how I am using it).

No real issue running apps I have tried, Sprinkle runs great.

I have two Tablets, the other is running the HannsTitan 0.4 Rom (which I think is very snappy & stable), choose that as it is going to a 9 year old as a present.

Because mine only arrived yesterday I went for FB 8.1 and really can't see any reason to reflash until there is a HC 3.2 Rom.

Seriously, apart from the odd bit of slowdown (I would guess because of the 512meg of ram) this is running smooth as butter.

PS. stay clear of live wallpapers, they really do slow it down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Flashed flashback
I must say transformed my pad, cpu clocked at 1200 giving quadrant score of 2262
Internal sd accesable to pc no probs external not but shows on pc (but no probs can live with that).
I don't know if its been posted or not but there is 4th soft touch button under the back button, quick touch brings up search & long press gives option statusbar toggle or voice search.
many thanks enjoying this rom great work all involved
you're very observant! nice to know about the 4th button. 2nd button doesn't seem to do much though!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wiped dalvik/cache/battery stat... + Factory reset and flashed FB8.1 and stuck at the language selection. My screen doesn't see to respond... weird :-/

·
Registered
31 Posts
Getting my Hannspad today and have downloaded everything ready to try Flashback 8.1 with HannsTitan ready on the subs bench if needed. Just a couple of questions:

1. Firstly, are all the custom ROMs here pre-rooted?

2. Secondly, can I overclock FlashBack 8.1? I see that this is possible on GTab 3.3 running the same kernel so I would have thought, given my very limited knowledge, that this was possible but this thread seems to say it isn't without being definitive.

Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Getting my Hannspad today and have downloaded everything ready to try Flashback 8.1 with HannsTitan ready on the subs bench if needed. Just a couple of questions:

1. Firstly, are all the custom ROMs here pre-rooted?

2. Secondly, can I overclock FlashBack 8.1? I see that this is possible on GTab 3.3 running the same kernel so I would have thought, given my very limited knowledge, that this was possible but this thread seems to say it isn't without being definitive.

Thanks.
All the ROMs are pre rooted. Don't forget VeganTab, IMO it is great.

You can OC Flashback 8.1 up to 1400Mhz.

Regards.

·
Registered
31 Posts
All the ROMs are pre rooted. Don't forget VeganTab, IMO it is great.

You can OC Flashback 8.1 up to 1400Mhz.

Regards.
Thanks for the reply lynxboy. As I have Flashback 8.1 on it now I will install Set CPU and see if that makes a difference at 1.4 gHz as it is a bit laggy. I went for Flashback after seeing your three part review on YouTube and I am quite impressed but if the overclocking does not improve it I will look elsewhere and VeganTab sounds like it could be the ideal solution, I will check out your video. I have always been a fan of Cyanogen ROMs and had them on my ZTE Blade and now, thanks to the Free Xperia team, have just installed it on my SE Arc.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for the reply lynxboy. As I have Flashback 8.1 on it now I will install Set CPU and see if that makes a difference at 1.4 gHz as it is a bit laggy. I went for Flashback after seeing your three part review on YouTube and I am quite impressed but if the overclocking does not improve it I will look elsewhere and VeganTab sounds like it could be the ideal solution, I will check out your video. I have always been a fan of Cyanogen ROMs and had them on my ZTE Blade and now, thanks to the Free Xperia team, have just installed it on my SE Arc.
That is the reason I switched over to Vegan. I find both GtabComb and Flashback to get bogged down very easily and had frequent pauses while waiting for apps to open, using the task switcher or rotating the screen. VeganTab @ 1.4Ghz is positively smoking.

Regards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

I am a happy flashback 8.1 user, but I get 1 problem,

Everytime if I lock my screen and try to unlock it my screen doesn't work. That means, I can see my laungher but only the hardware buttons react. It is very annoying that I cant my screen doesnt work, does anyone knows a solution for this?

I already deleted the stocked mail apps and let wifi turn off when the screen is locked.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi all,

I am a happy flashback 8.1 user, but I get 1 problem,

Everytime if I lock my screen and try to unlock it my screen doesn't work. That means, I can see my laungher but only the hardware buttons react. It is very annoying that I cant my screen doesnt work, does anyone knows a solution for this?

I already deleted the stocked mail apps and let wifi turn off when the screen is locked.
Confused, does that mean you have to reboot everytime or does it eventually become responsive? Personally, I'd either reflash this or try another ROM such as GtabComb refresh to compare and see if there is any improvement.

Regards.

161 - 180 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.