Android Tablets Forum banner
141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is this thread relevant any more? I ask because, while searching for an alternate download link, I stumbled up on this thread: [ROM] FlashBack 8.1.

So, I'm wondering, is there a 'central' site to watch for updates to this ROM? Same question for the kernel?

TIA,
JJ
The 8.1 rom you found is not same rom of the rom of this topic, it s a rom did by deseldur a spanish friend of htcmania, so yes this thread is still relevant.
The version 8.1 of the Ac3 rom is in test, when it s complete you will can find it here

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi

im currently using flashback 7.2 and ab73 version 3 kernel. if i want to update the kernel to the new adam 4 kernel can i just update using CWM or do i have to clear all the cache first?

sorry if this is a noob question, i couldnt find an answer on this thread and dont want tobrick or delete anything.

thanks
shep

·
Registered
98 Posts
Anyone usi g the 8.1 yet?
ive never had much luck with flashback ive been using hannstitan & gtabcomb moving between the two
i installed flashback 8.1 this afternoon & it still has the same problem for me as 7.1 when i reboot my apps uninstall themself but it looks nice....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone usi g the 8.1 yet?
I tried, upgraded from the Flashback 7 which was working very well, but I got a softbrick the first time I rebooted, still trying to recover from it.
It might be my own noobishness, I'm not saying it's a bad ROM or anything, I'm still learning.

EDIT: reflashed following a recovery and seems to be working fine, good performance and stable. Sticking with this now

·
Registered
4 Posts
ive never had much luck with flashback ive been using hannstitan & gtabcomb moving between the two
i installed flashback 8.1 this afternoon & it still has the same problem for me as 7.1 when i reboot my apps uninstall themself but it looks nice....
I had teh same problem, but it was due to having a Class 4 SHDC card present during the installation of apps. As soon as I removed the SHDC card, and installed apps, everything has been perfect.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had teh same problem, but it was due to having a Class 4 SHDC card present during the installation of apps. As soon as I removed the SHDC card, and installed apps, everything has been perfect.
i dont use a memory card... i went back to hannstitan this morning which for me is stable

·
Registered
156 Posts
Why, exactly?
I've just had an all round better experience with this ROM.

Firstly, speed and fluidity is improved throughout, I was having frequent pauses with the Gtabcomb ROM even with OC. This was most apparent under high intensity usage and while pauses can still occur with Flashback, they are much fewer than in my experience with Gtabcomb. The DPI is now correct while on Gtabcomb it seemed ever so slightly off, I'm sure someone else posted about it. The market is much faster and by default there is an app that allows you to disable the hardware buttons which I didn't see on Gtabcomb. This has come in really useful.

All in all it just seems more refined, but this is my opinion and experience, have to see how others are getting on. On the negative side, I did get the SOD a couple of times with Flashback in a short timeframe, while I only ever got it once with Gtabcomb.

Anyone else got any input about 8.1?

Regards.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was going to install this but I'm running 7.1/2 and when i plug in the USB cable and try to mount the device it doesnt let me access them on my PC. When I press Turn USB Storage ON / OFF it either crashes or the button doesnt do anything.

Any ideas?

141 - 160 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.