Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
PLUG YOUR MID IN WHEN FLASHING!!!! DO NOT FLASH WHEN UNPLUGGED YOU RISK RUNNING OUT BATTERY AND BRICKING YOUR DEVICE!!Hey guys, like what I do? want me to dev for more devices? or maybe you just want to buy me a beer since I turn 21 next week =)M001_ECOTOX v1.4 [Current Stable] changelog 9/28/2010---------------------------------------------------------built on SDK 1.9.1 RootedSwap Google apps Wifi TXpower FixThemedOverclocked Gravity Sensor & Navigation fixedRotation Icon in notification barthanks to relax and slatedroid for their work and enhancements I added =) btw for some reason debugging doesnt turn on automatically, so just go turn on debug and you have root---------------------------------------------------------make sure after you get fully booted to calibrate the screen and to set you local&region, for some reason if you dont the accelerometer may act weird.It may take a while to install and boot the first time, but it will boot so WAIT, it will boot.--------------------------------------------------Install:1) Copy the WHOLE FOLDER ?script? into the plain SD card(dont use winrar it will cause problems, use 7zip). If you already have the SD card with ?script? ROM file, please skip to step 2. 2) Connect the laptop to power. 3) Insert that SD card to the laptop when the laptop is off. 4) Turn the laptop ON by pressing the power switch--------------------------------------------------to DO:Kernel UpdateOverclockothers-----------------------------------------------IMPORTANT NOTICE:I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BRICKING, FIRE, EXPLOSIONS, END OF DAYS, DIVORCE, OR DEATH THAT MAY OCCUR (though I is unlikely it will)let me know any issues that you encounter, I intend to be very active with my mods--------------------------------------------------------------------------original pre 1.3 rom pageEken M001 Ecotox Firmware[-piece-software-flashed-device-expand-its-functionality][updated-6-29]-ecotox-v1-1-1-[official-stable]-44/DownloadDONT USE WINRAR TO UNPACK! winrar has problems with symlinks that are contained in the file and will break them, use 7zip =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Work again - you're the man !!!Are you using the 1.6r3 Framework ???Keep going - invent - I'm just a user with no programming experience

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just flashed with this FW. I was using Slatedroid 1.3 before that. I have some problems:1. When first booted, there was a wizzard which in the end told me I don't have SIM card and didn't allow me to proceed using my device. After I restarted it, the wizzard showed again, but this time I skipped everything and I completed it.2. Wireless doesn't seems to work properly - I see the networks, but when I try to connect to one (tried 3 different networks on different locations, one of which was open and all of them were working on Slatedroid 1.3) it says Unsuccessful right after Obtaining IP address from...3. When I press the power button, the display goes off, which is exactly what I want, but if I move my Eken, the display is turned back on... now when it's in my pocket, it constantly messes with my settings, because I can't force the display to be off. I searched for such an option, but couldn't find one.4. There are no crushes, like in Slatedroid, but everything is pretty slow and many times I need to press Wait on the not responding dialog.5. I saw internal space is now inly 100 MB, compared to 1 GB on Slatedroid. Not that I'm using it, but still...One good thing - finally rooted
But without internet I'm dead, so I'll get back to Slatedroid for now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Argh, and I had just reinstalled 1.1.1 and configured it to my liking. I'll wait a little to see what's the matter with the wifi, but in the meantime: Could I make a backup of my 1.1.1 installation, install 1.3, restore the backup and have a working system?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thnks, No network here either. scans and see's them but won't connect to open or secure. Tried manually config' with not luck either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just tried the new firmware 1.3, but also no wireless connection, sticks on getting ip address and finally says connection failed. Any idea how to fix it?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey guys, the wifi thing is my bad, forgot to change a setting back, was experimanting with the wifi adapter power levels, will fix soon =)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I f the problem with wifi is just the power setting hopefully with this http://www.slatedroid.com/eken-m001...sion/3731-if-you-have-hot-back-your-eken.html you can play with the power till Eco comes up with something... I dont have my tablet no so I cant do any testing :(I have that issue with the original firmware and with oficial 1.7.4 and 1.1.1 and concluded in my case it happens when I use a repeater on my wifi, (not power related).... if this bug is not "power related" please let me know so I can mess around with my settings and try to get my extended network to work....Hopefully will try 1.3 latter tonight... Eco there goes some beer money !!! enjoy !!!

G

·
[quote name='Camaro67PE;30890]I f the problem with wifi is just the power setting hopefully with this [URL]http://www.slatedroid.com/eken-m001-android-tablet-discussion/3731-if-you-have-hot-back-your-eken.html[/URL] you can play with the power till Eco comes up with something... I dont have my tablet no so I cant do any testing :(I have that issue with the original firmware and with oficial 1.7.4 and 1.1.1 and concluded in my case it happens when I use a repeater on my wifi' date=' (not power related).... if this bug is not "power related" please let me know so I can mess around with my settings and try to get my extended network to work....Hopefully will try 1.3 latter tonight... Eco there goes some beer money !!! enjoy !!![/QUOTE'] Can anyone confirm if the battery wattage fix has been incorporated into Ecotox 1.3?

·
Registered
247 Posts
[quote name='ECOTOX;30872]hey guys' date=' the wifi thing is my bad, forgot to change a setting back, was experimanting with the wifi adapter power levels, will fix soon =)[/QUOTE'] The joys of devvin' Looking forward to......ECOTOX v1.3.1 (Stable) ;-)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't see any mention of the Market hack in this version. Has that been included or will the Android Market remain largely non-functional? Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What happened to LocalDisk Storage. before I have 1.74 GB Total Space using eco 1.1.1 with 1.3.1 Total Space is only 100MB and Available space is 95.48MB

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jla888;31305 said:
What happened to LocalDisk Storage. before I have 1.74 GB Total Space using eco 1.1.1 with 1.3.1 Total Space is only 100MB and Available space is 95.48MB
Not to sure where it all went honestly, but the way its working right now is the only way i could get root, wifi, and the extended app space. sorry to anyone who this is a a problem, but as of now I am unable to correct it, but i will work on it for the next release.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Is it OK to download yet? I'm waiting until the wifi setting is fixed.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
linuxluver;31379 said:
Is it OK to download yet? I'm waiting until the wifi setting is fixed.
wifi is fixed =)

1 - 20 of 171 Posts