Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hi,

Wouah

Eclair 2.1 on your Rocktab

Update 2.1.6 will be the last release, the video had no way out !
(only MP4 with QQplayer)

Proc�dure to flash :

You must use RKAndroid:

http://www.mediafire.com/?14si0y4a0ynl3e9

Remember to charge your battery and when it is over 50%.

The Rocktab shuts down
Unplug the power
Press and hold the vol + and connect the USB
Install RKandroid drivers
Open RKAndroid (if drivers ok)
Flash the firmware
Calibre screen and Enjoy
No video work

Update 2.1.6 :

Boot in French Oups !
New boot animation
Superuser
New Helix Launcher
New transparent Lockscreen (red Édition)
Finish Theme Red Editon (news icones in statut bar,ect)
Change Color Back, Menu, Return, Vol +, Vol- (red Édition)
News icons in Sub-menu (red Édition)

writable system partition mounted to /data (aufs)
lowmemorykiller tweaks (minfree for more aggressive background task killing)
addition of compatible cifs.ko in /system/lib/modules to mounting
thank to xaueious

Update 2.1.5 :

JitHack
Compcache 24mo
Dalvikcache
Spare parts (active Compcache/app in memory)
New Widget power management (red Édition)
News icones apps (red Édition)
USB connect work
Explorer SD/memory interne work
Repair Rotation 360°

Added new MID setting (you can see system memory available)
315Mo now available for the system
[ROM] Eclair 2.1.6 internal memory 315Mo with rotation 360° (original appearance) :

http://www.4shared.com/file/szhnXHqu/Rocktab_Eclair216img.html

Credit to xaueious firmware RK2818 :

http://www.androidta...om-xt0-1-a.html

The forum and myself will not be held responsible for mishandling (BRICK)

·
Premium Member
664 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:-[

I'm sorry, wanting to move the topics.

I inadvertently deleted the comments yesterday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Recapped page 2, page one mostly about no market access, I have gotten market to work. Do a factory reset, first google app to run "Talk" this will prompt you to login to your account. Once this is complete I install gmail, etc. but all the Google apps, including market will now resolve your account. Don't run market first, or even gmail, go straight to "Talk."

My biggy is USB host mode, selecting "USB Host Mode" in settings results in process com.android.settings stoppage.
If you try to download in browser, says you need an SD card to download when the rest of system acknowledges presence of an SD card, this seems to also be a problem in audio player which will not download a track saying there is no room (plenty in internal flash and on SD card)

Thanks for all your work on this, even though this is a beta, I am able to use this full-time and it's quite impressive!

I have found numerous smaller, graphic issues which I can go into detail on when/if you're interested.

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote author=kristo]I have the original 1.5 cupcake firmware. Are you updating the 2.1 eclaire from the original firmware on the rocktab or the ACHOO firmware provided by TWP?[/quote]

>reply>[quote author=lefeudedieu]My firmware 2.1 for Rocktab is based on my firmware for my APAD[/quote]

http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=12680.0

[quote author=kristo]im not asking what the firmware is based on but what was the firmware before you updated to 2.1 elcaire?
it will be modified even more right? from what i hear is that the g-sensor does not work with this fw.[/quote]

[quote author=The Warrior Poet]This is something I posted at MP4Nation: http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=235369#p235369

"I knew donaldson actually had 2.2 running on his, but there were definitely problems. Even though 2.1, and 2.2 can both be put in the Rocktab, I feel that they're both too much for the RK2808 chipset to handle. Yes, you can put them on there, but what's the point if it isn't going to handle many of the apps made for 2.1, or 2.2? In my opinion, I think 1.6 should be incorporated into the Rocktab, nothing higher. 1.6 still gives you I believe 95% of the apps in the marketplace."

Not trying to sound negative, I appreciate all the hard work very much. Just my opinion.[/quote]

[quote author=maderin1]HI
i have installed - thankyou

problems ...
gSensor does not work
can log into market but can not download anything
application draw is sticky and hard to open
theme is not very nice (sorry)

main thing is the market, do you know how to gt it to download or why its not working

many thanks for this, it was fun to mess with but i think, ultimately its a little too heavy for the rocktab[/quote]

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
[quote author=kristo]im not asking what the firmware is based on but what was the firmware before you updated to 2.1 elcaire?
it will be modified even more right? from what i hear is that the g-sensor does not work with this fw.[/quote]

I always understood is the question :-

[quote author=The Warrior Poet]This is something I posted at MP4Nation: http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=235369#p235369

"I knew donaldson actually had 2.2 running on his, but there were definitely problems. Even though 2.1, and 2.2 can both be put in the Rocktab, I feel that they're both too much for the RK2808 chipset to handle. Yes, you can put them on there, but what's the point if it isn't going to handle many of the apps made for 2.1, or 2.2? In my opinion, I think 1.6 should be incorporated into the Rocktab, nothing higher. 1.6 still gives you I believe 95% of the apps in the marketplace."[/quote]

It is true that 2.2 uses too much memory for the RK2808.
For me, experience on APAD RK2808, the best firmware is for 2.1:
Only the video does not work on this FW, but it is very full is faster than 1.5.

The Donut 1.6 is equal to 2.1 on the fluidity has APAD (same Rocktab).
I have a 1.6 for you but the only problem:
I can not compile with Linux (framework) and missing icons in the status bar.

[quote author=maderin1]HI
i have installed - thankyou

problems ...
gSensor does not work
can log into market but can not download anything
application draw is sticky and hard to open
theme is not very nice (sorry)

main thing is the market, do you know how to gt it to download or why its not working

many thanks for this, it was fun to mess with but i think, ultimately its a little too heavy for the rocktab[/quote]

To Market, we must re-boot and it works if error download.
I can change the th?me,Gsensor no issue.

Not really 2.1 it is very fast compared APAD was 2.2 and 2.3

In conclusion it for 2.1 which in the end, only the video/360? will not work and of course 3G.

I just do not offer the Donut because there is no button "return / back" on Rocktab, it is impossible to go back without icons like on APAD.

For Donut if a person feels able to create the framework with icons, it can look here :

http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=12388.0

https://github.com/thaplague/android_frameworks_base/commit/893570fea0f3140c5b14cf9d752b486a038f9177#diff-3

Good week

EDIT :I repaired the SD and the Market works fine, no error

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To do this:

In vold.conf replace this line :

media_type mmc
mount_point /flash/sdcard
ums_path devices/lm0/gadget/lun0
mount_sn 2
umount_sn 1
by this one

mount_point /sdcard

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for all your hard work lefeudedieu, much appreciated. If you don't think 2.1 uses too much memory, then I agree with you that it's a better choice than 1.6. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
[quote author=The Warrior Poet link=topic=15199.msg125032#msg125032 date=1295708227]
Thanks for all your hard work lefeudedieu, much appreciated. If you don't think 2.1 uses too much memory, then I agree with you that it's a better choice than 1.6. Thanks again.
[/quote]

I prefer Donut, but how do it without icons?

Of course he uses a little less memory than 2.1

Only 2.1 is as fast as 1.6.

What I am saying is that 2.1 is the most complete for daily use.

I also tested Gingerbread but too slow

Besides, it's amazing!
The Rocktab is APAD have the same characteristics, but all firmwares are faster on APAD (1.5/1.6/2.1/2.2/2.3).

Even on 1.5 because the framework of Rocktab is heavier on him, he is different from APAD.

This is my personal opinion

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=surplus4u link=topic=15199.msg124997#msg124997 date=1295702002]
"Only the video does not work on this FW, but it is very full is faster than 1.5."

What is not working with Video?
[/quote]

Because at first I took this in another shelf FW without DSP.

It was not compiled with the FW.

Despite this we would just run in the MP4 as 1.6/2.2/2.3.

I searched a lot, but this results in 2.1,the player video and youtubes freeze

If you want to you can look the log with Quicksysteminfo

Any help would be welcome

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote author=lefeudedieu link=topic=15199.msg124953#msg124953 date=1295694076]
To do this:

In vold.conf replace this line :

media_type mmc
mount_point /flash/sdcard
ums_path devices/lm0/gadget/lun0
mount_sn 2
umount_sn 1
by this one

mount_point /sdcard

[/quote]
thanks for chasing this down, I will have to root to edit vold.conf, correct? We have no ADB so I can't use that to edit on the PC.

Any progress on USB, is it also a vold.conf issue?

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote author=lefeudedieu link=topic=15199.msg125088#msg125088 date=1295714453]
@rollOver,

Yes in the vold but also in the file init.rk28board.rc boot.img, the two are linked.

You can use this tool to decompress the update.img and re-compress after modification in sytem.img for vold.conf:

http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?title=Archos_7HT_Modding_modify_update.img_Windows

[/quote]
Made the change to vold.conf and changed the following line in init.rk28board.img
Code:
    mkdir /flash/sdcard 0777 system system
to:
Code:
    mkdir /sdcard 0777 system system
tablet reports SD as unmounted, if you remove and replace it reports a damaged SD, the SD is fine however.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi,

2.1 Update2

I repaired the PC / SD by USB, but still no internal memory connected via USB!

I made it to its original appearance with only the applications necessary for proper operation.

Next step repair internal memory connection / PC via USB

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote author=lefeudedieu link=topic=15199.msg126819#msg126819 date=1295948771]
Hi,

2.1 Update2

I repaired the PC / SD by USB, but still no internal memory connected via USB!

I made it to its original appearance with only the applications necessary for proper operation.

Next step repair internal memory connection / PC via USB

[/quote]
Very slick, nice work! I still have the same issue as my last post with the SD card, I am the only one? I even went as far as to put a brand new SD card in, reported it damaged, let android format it (empty) and it immediately reported it damaged again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I flashed 2.1v2 I had the market access issue, here how I got past it. Kill all apps (or reboot) select settings, applications, manage applications, settings, filter, all. This shows all you apps, select all the Market related apps and clear data or cache as applicable, do the same for Talk. Start Talk and sign into your Google account, switch back to home (do not kill Talk, leave it running) start Market and you should now be working. If not, return to Talk, settings, more, sign out. Restart Talk, sign in, go back to Market, etc. Once Market has updated, repeating this data cleaning and using Talk to initiate the Google account sync is the key in 2.1. If you have never signed into Talk do so and allow it to finish syncing (circle of arrows in header disappears when this is done) before doing anything with Market.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
@ roll0ver,

me it works very well(Market)

, I have access to the SD by PC and the file browser.

I just access memory internally (7giga) by File Explorer,no by USB !

There is a Force on Contatcs closed.

I repair to the next release.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts