Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi, i have receive my new / second Icoo D70 PRO II and i want to install the DarkWater V2 firmware.
View that I completely focked the old, I don't make bullshits this time ^^. So, what should I do exactly? I have already donwload the V2 ROM and your lastest package (RKAndroidTool)...
Can you describe very precisely the steps one by one? because here is not clear and my english sucks a lot

Regards !
Use this RKAndroidTool

http://192.210.209.104/files/D70PRO-2_V1.1_CWM_6.0.27.zip

Copy the Darkwater zip file to your external SD card.

Make a full backup of your system (on the external SD card) from the CWM menu before you update.

Be sure to wipe your data before flashing, after backing up. From the CWM menu, perform the following operations:

- WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
- MOUNT AND STORAGE ( FORMAT /SYSTEM )
- ADVANCED ( WIPE DALVIK CACHE )

To update to the Darkwater ROM, select the "install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from external sdcard" menu in CWM and load the zip file. Reboot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Sartre : i'll try in 10 min, but what's the difference into your RKAndroid Tool package and that of [email protected] ?

EDIT : this doesn't work, i have an error message at the step "Apply update from sdcard -> choose zip from external sdcard" menu in CWM and load the zip file : "E: Can't mount /external_sd/" ...

·
Registered
54 Posts
@Sartre : i'll try in 10 min, but what's the difference into your RKAndroid Tool package and that of [email protected] ?
The one I posted is the official release and is known to work... his might be modified.

EDIT : this doesn't work, i have an error message at the step "Apply update from sdcard -> choose zip from external sdcard" menu in CWM and load the zip file : "E: Can't mount /external_sd/" ...
If you booted with the external SD card loaded, it should work:

-install zip from sdcard --> choose zip from external sdcard

Place the darkwater zip file in the root of the sdcard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The one I posted is the official release and is known to work... his might be modified.

If you booted with the external SD card loaded, it should work:

-install zip from sdcard --> choose zip from external sdcard

Place the darkwater zip file in the root of the sdcard.
it's what i have do, but every time the same thing.. and i just realize my backup is in sdcard but this is the internal memory. Perhaps CWM is confuzed ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
it's what i have do, but every time the same thing.. and i just realize my backup is in sdcard but this is the internal memory. Perhaps CWM is confuzed ?
CWM has an option to install from either internal or external storage...pick the right one or move the file.

·
Registered
14 Posts
CWM has an option to install from either internal or external storage...pick the right one or move the file.
ok.. other things : i have restor my backup (work perfectly) and when my SD card is plug my tablet stuck at the boot screen (loop).. when i unplug the SD card, my tablet start perfectly.. and i have a notification "Preparing the SD card.." : but there is no one LOL..if i plug it, my tablet do nothing, and all the managers don't found it

EDIT :
it's done, the rom works well.. but still the problme with the SD card and the NAND Flash

·
Registered
14 Posts
What kind/size SD card do you have? Reformat it with 32kb clusters. Maybe it's corrupted.
yeah it's OK now she waz corrupted beacause I had partitioned several times and I had then quick format .. I'm slowly reformatted in FAT32 and it's good. Good to say ^^
Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a NATPC M009S X2 (1GB+16GB) tablet which is a rebranded Icoo D70 Pro II - I've flashed the generickmod_v7 and it works perfectly - Thank You!!

Is there a way of increasing the Data partition from 0.98GB (I keep my media on microSD cards, so the big internal storage is of limited use) so I can install more apps and games? Is there a parameter file inside the .zip I can edit myself to do this?

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I have a NATPC M009S X2 (1GB+16GB) tablet which is a rebranded Icoo D70 Pro II - I've flashed the generickmod_v7 and it works perfectly - Thank You!!

Is there a way of increasing the Data partition from 0.98GB (I keep my media on microSD cards, so the big internal storage is of limited use) so I can install more apps and games? Is there a parameter file inside the .zip I can edit myself to do this?

Thanks again!!
Yes you can but it will need to get erase you nand if you can send me your parameter file of your tablet

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Umm sorry - how do I find or extract the parameter file from my tablet? I just flashed the generick_v7 rom straight from CWM, so is it just what's already in the zip?

Thanks

EDIT - Or if anyone could link to an idiots guide for re-partitioning the 13.8GB remaining internal storage, that would be great as well. I'm happy to create an additional EXT partition to use for apps (with LinkSD). I tried creating a 4GB partition within CWM 5.8.x.x (can't remember exact version), then running a script (something like ***ext4+), but it didn't work.

Sorry for the lack of useful details

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any news on this? I've since tried a few different apps (s2e etc) but no luck. What is this rom based on?

Is there an update.img I can download to extract the parameter file from (with wendal's tools) that I can then edit? I flashed the rom straight from CWM with no problems, so I think the hardware in my NATPC X2 is identical to the D70 Pro II

I think editing the parameter file is a better option for me than a pre-built rom, because I would happily have a 10gb or 12gb (of my 16gb internal flash) data partition, but I realise that's not ideal for everyone

I really have no idea what I'm doing or looking for in the generickmod_v7.zip, so if someone could help me out with a guide, or a link, or even just tell me which file in the zip I need to edit, I'd be really grateful

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes you can but it will need to get erase you nand if you can send me your parameter file of your tablet

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2
Just extracted the parameter file from icood70pro220121203 rom using rk29xximage tools.
Is this helpfull ?

Code:
FIRMWARE_VER:4.0.4<br />
MACHINE_MODEL:rk30sdk<br />
MACHINE_ID:007<br />
MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK<br />
MAGIC: 0x5041524B<br />
ATAG: 0x60000800<br />
MACHINE: 3066<br />
CHECK_MASK: 0x80<br />
KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000<br />
#RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0<br />
CMDLINE: console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[email protected](misc),[email protected](kernel),[email protected](boot),[email protected](recovery),[email protected](backup),[email protected](cache),[email protected](userdata),[email protected](kpanic),[email protected](system),[email protected](user)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your work keeping this tablet alive!,

Does this rom support any way to remote controll It without installing anything on the tablet?

I broke my digitizer...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks for your work keeping this tablet alive!,

Does this rom support any way to remote controll It without installing anything on the tablet?

I broke my digitizer...
If you plug the tablet into the pc via a usb cable you should be able to use adb on the pc to interact with the tablet...for instance you could sideload "droid vnc server" which is free and allows you to remote control the tablet....the problem you'd run into is configuring vnc....but it's a start and might give you other ideas. "adb install xxxx.apk".....adb is part of the android SDK which you can download on your pc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you plug the tablet into the pc via a usb cable you should be able to use adb on the pc to interact with the tablet...for instance you could sideload "droid vnc server" which is free and allows you to remote control the tablet....the problem you'd run into is configuring vnc....but it's a start and might give you other ideas. "adb install xxxx.apk".....adb is part of the android SDK which you can download on your pc.
Thanks
I will try it on monday. I have a working adb on my computer., just last rom I tested didnt run ADB.

If it does not work I hope to find somebody kind enough to make a make up, with pre-installed + configured remote control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Because i don't understant how install CWM, i use this tutorial:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362399-how-to-install-cwm-on-joytab-duo-97-pro-gem10313bk-rev2/

And i can install darwate V2, i works greak thank you
http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/

Download generic image and flash via RKANDROIDTOOLS,be sure to delete all files from rom folder,copy recovery.img from zip there and launch program and untick everything expect recovery,after that turn off tablet,hold volume + and - buttons and connect USB,it will ask you for drivers point to them (you can find them in RKANDROIDTOOLS folder) then click Flash ROM.

Thats it just remember to hold volume + and power button to boot to recovery mode.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts