Android Tablets Forum banner
161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
you need to edit the build prop. im not certain of the code you need for 720. one of the other guys did this earlier in the thread..check back and ask him?

ouch. had this a while ago. when i first got my pad. its likely due to an unstable cwm. try the disater recovery thread. very comprehensive and easy to follow. good luck.

btw im using cwm 2.5.1. works fine
Thanks for reply chris,
Got the pad recovered to cwm 2.5.1.1 but when I install your rom it says E: can't open /sdcard/cyanogenmod7.2.0-chrrisd1a1- gingerpad-rc4.zip. Any ideas? I installed another rom fine.
Cheers Greame

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Thanks for reply chris,
Got the pad recovered to cwm 2.5.1.1 but when I install your rom it says E: can't open /sdcard/cyanogenmod7.2.0-chrrisd1a1- gingerpad-rc4.zip. Any ideas? I installed another rom fine.
Cheers Greame
it may be a corrupt download.

try redownloading and installing.

it's worth mentioning that when i upload a build i download it, and install it before i update the thread so i can check the uploaded version is working.

let me know?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice ROM!

Few things.

HDMI out not working.
Font does not work very well that is included.. Adding my own font to fix this.

Added my own font..

To get flash to work on iPlayer download one of the APKs off filestube. Top one version 10. Then install the Market one.

Oh and one question. I had videos and music on my internal SD. No files show but they are still there just hidden. Anyone know what to do with that?
Where to get and install this font?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the great work on this ROM Chris its running great. I seem to have one minor issue though I cannot transfer or send file by Bluetooth. It will pair fine but wont connect, I have tried different Kernels but to no avail. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks for this keep up the good work.

Q; Will you ever consider doing Honeycomb or ICS in the future?

Will make a contribution when I have some money in the bank.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Thanks for the great work on this ROM Chris its running great. I seem to have one minor issue though I cannot transfer or send file by Bluetooth. It will pair fine but wont connect, I have tried different Kernels but to no avail. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks for this keep up the good work.

Q; Will you ever consider doing Honeycomb or ICS in the future?

Will make a contribution when I have some money in the bank.
thanks for the feedback:)

I'm not looking at Honeycomb - purely as when i play with it there is less free ram than with Ginger, and also I've found a lot more issues with apps. FC's not compatible, market issues etc.

i've found ginger more stable overall.

I'm looking at ICS and i've got a work in progress, but the issues far outweigh the benefits at the moment. it's not stable enough to look at release. (I'm not a coder, so it's slow work) I won't promise time-scales, or if at all.

I don't believe in making things public unless I'm happy it's running well, i don't pack up my bat and ball if people give a critisism, but as others will tell you, releasing early can cause 'issues'.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank You Chris , for a great rom.
Everytime I think this rom is gonna flake out on me , it turns out to be the app.
Swear to god - i go i upgrade or i check a forum and BAM ! Issue/solution lies else where

I have an bluetooth HID device that causes issues , but then 2.3 is a Phone OS so i ain't complaining

I think we could make a HH ROM super group and 'caress' a good ICS into this slate.
You guys could be a mutual Dev & support group
Get a bunch of knuckle dragging non-coders to man the forums and act as interface.

I suspect this has been tried before , an folk just drift off /

P1897

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
it has, im a mod on xda and been there a lot of years.. groups come and go.

the best advances tend to be from individuals who combine work started by others and refine ideas.

Thank You Chris , for a great rom.
Everytime I think this rom is gonna flake out on me , it turns out to be the app.
Swear to god - i go i upgrade or i check a forum and BAM ! Issue/solution lies else where

I have an bluetooth HID device that causes issues , but then 2.3 is a Phone OS so i ain't complaining

I think we could make a HH ROM super group and 'caress' a good ICS into this slate.
You guys could be a mutual Dev & support group
Get a bunch of knuckle dragging non-coders to man the forums and act as interface.

I suspect this has been tried before , an folk just drift off /

P1897

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi Chris, got this up and running and like it a lot. Moved from ice because of audio problem. I have noticed that when its booting up is sometimes get a loop on the Google logo, also when I listen to music which is the best I have heard on any rom I get a system freeze if I surf the net at the same time. I am using the version 3 kernal, any ideas?
cheers greame

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
hi Chris, got this up and running and like it a lot. Moved from ice because of audio problem. I have noticed that when its booting up is sometimes get a loop on the Google logo, also when I listen to music which is the best I have heard on any rom I get a system freeze if I surf the net at the same time. I am using the version 3 kernal, any ideas?
cheers greame
there is some variation between performance depending on the Kernel. which one are you using. if you are using AB's v3 for ice it's likely you will have issues.

i've used the stock posted at the start since i put this together and i've never had an issue, some others have but other kernels work well for them. a few options below

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/24691-rotations-32-kernel-by-fards-and-ab73/

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/25485-32-kernel/ (i think this is the one you are using)

the stock: in the first post

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi guys,

Ive followed the guide word for word, with a Factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. Fix permissions and then reboot

and every time i switch my tablet on now it boots straight into reocovery mode.

help please

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Hi guys,

Ive followed the guide word for word, with a Factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. Fix permissions and then reboot

and every time i switch my tablet on now it boots straight into reocovery mode.

help please

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
doh, last comment didnt upload. sound like your recovery has failed. it does happed. see the disaster thread and nvflash to stock. install cwm again and your backup will work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
doh, last comment didnt upload. sound like your recovery has failed. it does happed. see the disaster thread and nvflash to stock. install cwm again and your backup will work.
yea thanks, ive tried that, nvflashed a few times back to stock, then tried a new rom. always, always when ever i clear dalvik cache, always boots into reocvery, am back on CyanogenMod7.2.0, running fine. just reset factory settings and cleared cache, with-out tuching dalvik cache.. all fine

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
yea thanks, ive tried that, nvflashed a few times back to stock, then tried a new rom. always, always when ever i clear dalvik cache, always boots into reocvery, am back on CyanogenMod7.2.0, running fine. just reset factory settings and cleared cache, with-out tuching dalvik cache.. all fine
glad you sorted it mate:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
is this rom still being developed? no update since 30th march.

REgards,
Craig.
its close to spot on so its been on the back burner (so to speak)

i still keep tweaking but in truth nothing id consider an improvement worth posting.

i also thought most had jumped to ics. ill be honest, i had a play but have kept this as my daily as the bugs outweigh the cons, i use hdmi daily.

if there is still interest i will up my game. and see what i can do

161 - 180 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.