Android Tablets Forum banner
141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Same for me after leaving it for a while on standby.

And if it does turn on the touch does not work but the "buttons" on the side do.
strange, which kernel?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the 'Wake from sleep' problem too and for over two weeks now.

It was not an issue originally when I first install it on the 25th Jan, but is problem now and has made it a bit of a useless tablet in the house

No matter what I change (for example) Cyanogen / CPU settings / Minimum or Maximum, it still doesn't want to always wake up.
Sometime the 'Volume' buttons work, but I think it's just coincidence as that doesn't always work either. I've tried all sorts of combinations with the softkeys and hardkeys (Power and Volume) but nothing that really makes any difference. If the item is (mains power) plugged in, it usually works, but again, not always.

You can see and hear the tablet working, because if you press the 'Volume' rocker, it makes the typical (ugly) beep sound and you can also see the back-light turning on, but not much else. Most of the time, I'm just force hard rebooting the device, which isn't good of course and as it takes a while for it too boot up, it's become more a pain to even bother with the device and almost to a point I may just have to give it away to a friend/family member with the default (really ugly) ROM on it and loose what I paid for it.

Shame, but the support for this tablet is so minimal, seriously limited and the drivers for the hardware still seem non-existent, which means it's never going to be 'that' good. If it wasn't for amazingly KooL chaps like 'Chrisd1a1' and 'Cyanogen', this would a totally 'dead' product! Such a waste of pretty decent technology too, but I guess that's what we get from a crappy manufacturer like HANNspree (I worked 'with' them for about six months during their HANNspring days... just awful)

Anywho... hope this somehow gets sorted soon, the misses has given up on it already and looking to buy an actual laptop now, as this is her third Android tablet now... partly my fault thought, giving her cheap/crappy Android based tablets and me with a seriously meaty Windows desktop
However, she loves Google and ALL their 'software', it's just totally another story when it comes to the 3rd-party hardware
...Hmm

·
Registered
2 Posts
i will admit im stuck over this. ive simply not had this issue.
Hi Chris,

I had the same thing too. The tablet didn't wake up, tried different settings and different kernels. I tried the kernel in this post, the tnt kernel, tried rotation .32 kernel (in flashback 10.1 forum) and the ab73 kernel (CM 7.1 forum). With all the kernels I had the same problem. At first i thought that it was only when I switched the screen of manually, but later the problem also appeared when the tablet went in standby. I couldn't figure out when it did the SoD, and when not.

I have no idea what the problem is actually, but previously i had used the CM 7.1 from alpha's post, without any hickups. Well, one small one was a dropping internet connection in my house, which i solved by manually setting an IP adress. So I switched back to this one.

As for your version, it worked very well for me, except the SoD. But since that was a major frustration...... Hope you will find a solution to this problem. If u do, ill probably be back....
Good luck!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Using the Hybrid Kernel now since some days... Seems to work.... No SoD yet...

Mara
i'm glad this is helping

i'll be honest, i'm not a coder - all i've done is optimise the gtab rom for the hanspadd.

any issues that are due to the kernel won't be something i can fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installed this tonight moving over from Veganrom, however I can't get screenshots to work.

If I hold the power button then select screenshot then nothing happens. Installed a screenshot app and all it does is capture a black screen. I did a full wipe first so unsure what the problem is ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Installed this tonight moving over from Veganrom, however I can't get screenshots to work.

If I hold the power button then select screenshot then nothing happens. Installed a screenshot app and all it does is capture a black screen. I did a full wipe first so unsure what the problem is ?
simple answer. it doesnt:) this was built into the cm build as a stock option. it uses the camera. i removed the camera when i optimised for the padd as we havent got one.

there are third party apps that work as my screenies show.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice build by the way.

I managed to get screenshot ER to work. The power button screenshot works on the Vegantab ROM but they have the camera module installed (not sure if that is related or not ?)

One other tweak that I did like was in the options there was a long press on the back button and this would kill the running app that was on the screen at the time if it stopped responding. I haven't found this option in the lists so I presume it isn't there.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi All,

Tried to install this today but kept getting an error in CWM (istallation aborted bad), so I tried to update my 2.5.1 CWM using Rom manager. I now do not have CWM at all, does anyone know how to get out of this? Is the Rom file corrupted in some way?

Update: Things just got worse and I need to do a stock recovery, its been ages so could someone please link me to the quickest/best way to do this.

Many thanks Greame

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi All,

Tried to install this today but kept getting an error in CWM (istallation aborted bad), so I tried to update my 2.5.1 CWM using Rom manager. I now do not have CWM at all, does anyone know how to get out of this? Is the Rom file corrupted in some way?

Update: Things just got worse and I need to do a stock recovery, its been ages so could someone please link me to the quickest/best way to do this.

Many thanks Greame
ouch. had this a while ago. when i first got my pad. its likely due to an unstable cwm. try the disater recovery thread. very comprehensive and easy to follow. good luck.

btw im using cwm 2.5.1. works fine

141 - 160 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.