Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
ok. time to stop, take stock.

and ask a favour

in six years of building I always aim for one thing and ask one thing as well.

I aim for releasing something that works out of the box.

I ask for feedback so I can improve.

there have been a lot of downloads and little feedback.

please could people let me know. how they find this?

and also what version you are using?

I'd like to know if Dave_ud's issue affects other 1653 users. I've got a 33. I build with what I've got but I'm after something that works for everyone.

thanks
Ive got a 1653 Pad and touchscreen works fine for me. Just installed it 5 mins ago though. Any chance of including the latest gapps in the rom? and a decent thumb keyboard (or am I missing the point of the rom?) Will let you know if I have any probs...

keep up the good work

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Ive got a 1653 Pad and touchscreen works fine for me. Just installed it 5 mins ago though. Any chance of including the latest gapps in the rom? and a decent thumb keyboard (or am I missing the point of the rom?) Will let you know if I have any probs...

keep up the good work
Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated.

My aim for this is a simple build that works and that you can customise and add to. I only included the stock keyboard as people have different likes. It's easier for you to add the one you like.

I've not themed for the same reason.

Re your market issue. I've not experienced this. Anyone else?

I'm testing the next update. Plan on releasing this weekend.

Dpi changed so things are bigger, all bug fixes included.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Where are the contacts?
i removed them. (allong with loads of other phone related bits) they are mainly for the phone function. gmail links to them for email anyway.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm using a 1633.
This ROM is working fine for me. I have had the odd freeze, but only a couple in a few days use. A couple of SODs but nothing what I would class as regular. Otherwise it's snappy. Market working fine. Video, graphics, Wifi, touch screen all happy. This feels like VeganTab got a performance boost. I personally would change the DPI though. A bit too small for my eyes. Is there anyway I can change it back to the same DPI as Vegan Tab? I tried Spare Parts font size but didn't seem to do anything. I would also vote for a thumb keybaord, but I get I can download one from the market. 8.5/10 !
MrSLaty

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
will be posting update this weekend as testing going well.

things to look forward to

dpi changes - bigger icons

font change - ICS font it's sooo much nicer

bug fixes - all current fixes will be included plus a few more tweaks.

i'm still staying stock and simple so you can change things as you like.

expect the update tomorrow if all goes well.

regards

chris

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
update to post 1

RC2

full wipe needed - back up using titanium or other to protect your apps

dpi changed to increase icon size
working Flash
working Market
Working Maps
Youtube with download option
replaced default file manager with Astro (free)
ADAO task manager (free)
HDMI out with Audio
changed default wallpaper - cos i didn't like it
mobile signal icon fixed
ICS Font
some optimisations

temp hosted on my 4shared as multiupload having some problems.

please don't mirror i'll add the multiupload when it's back up

enjoy

·
Registered
82 Posts
just dowmload your rom called CyanogenMod7.2.0-chrisd1a1 - gingerpadd - RC3
cwm wont see it and so i can't install it
can i rename it something or change the file ext
the one from the first version was ok
but this one came down fine and have moved it to all places to see if i can see there but no
any clues

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great ROM.
Only problem I have and its a bit of a biggy for me, is that quite a few Market Place apps are coming up "This app is not compatible with your device" They include so far:

• BBC iPlayer
  • Astro file manager (the new Version)
  • Dolphin Browser HD
they all worked fine with VeganTab
I am running on a 53 tab with
  • CyanogenMod7.2.0-chrisd1a1 - gingerpadd - RC3
  • hybridkernel_v3
  • DataSignalIconFix-CM7.2RC0.98-REPACK
This ROM seems very quick and stable for me. Followed the install instructions to the letter, done a full wipe including dalvik wipe.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
just dowmload your rom called CyanogenMod7.2.0-chrisd1a1 - gingerpadd - RC3
cwm wont see it and so i can't install it
can i rename it something or change the file ext
the one from the first version was ok
but this one came down fine and have moved it to all places to see if i can see there but no
any clues
This installed fine for me, you haven't unzipped it have you?

Try renaming it to update.zip and then selecting that from the CWM update page.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dear chrisd1a1,

Thank you for your job, excellent rom! Several issues about RC2 (or RC3, as the file has RC3 in the name):

1) It seems that 140 DPI is an issue for the market as many applications including an original Angry Birds became incompartible with the device. I have resolved this issue by installing LCD Dencity Modder and returning to 160 DPI (as in stock roms and Vegan ROM). Then I have to clean Market cache and its data to achieve an opportunity to install these "incompartible" applications.

2) New fonts look great for English version but they look terrible for Russian version. Is it possible to return to previous fonts without reflashing RC1?

3) Unfortunately internal SD card does not mount correctly for me. It indicates that SD card is mounting on the boot but then I have empty folder in mnt/sdcard and no application can see this internal memory.

UPD: I have found that the device is mounting internal SD card to mnt/emmc with strange encoding (I have corrupted names of some files) so major part of applications can't find it. Is it possible to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just installed switched from GtabComb 3.3 refresh, pretty good so far and seems quick, maps and market seem to be working fine.

But I'm also getting the "This app is not compatible with your device"

BBC iPlayer
Angry birds
FBReader
Dolphin Browser HD

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dear chrisd1a1,

Thank you for your job, excellent rom! Several issues about RC2 (or RC3, as the file has RC3 in the name):

1) It seems that 140 DPI is an issue for the market as many applications including an original Angry Birds became incompartible with the device. I have resolved this issue by installing LCD Dencity Modder and returning to 160 DPI (as in stock roms and Vegan ROM). Then I have to clean Market cache and its data to achieve an opportunity to install these "incompartible" applications.

2) New fonts look great for English version but they look terrible for Russian version. Is it possible to return to previous fonts without reflashing RC1?

3) Unfortunately internal SD card does not mount correctly for me. It indicates that SD card is mounting on the boot but then I have empty folder in mnt/sdcard and no application can see this internal memory.

UPD: I have found that the device is mounting internal SD card to mnt/emmc with strange encoding (I have corrupted names of some files) so major part of applications can't find it. Is it possible to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance.
freeman_g, go to Settings -> CyanogenMod -> Applications and check "Use internal storage"

This will rename your internal memory from emmc to sdcard and your external sdcard to sdcard2

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ellhead,

Thank you, I didn't know about that. Then I do still have the only problem with fonts (Russian) and encoding of the names at internal storage (some files and folders have squares in names)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ellhead,

Thank you, I didn't know about that. Then I do still have the only problem with fonts (Russian) and encoding of the names at internal storage (some files and folders have squares in names)
sorry about the delay getting back to people. family emergancy. so. been away from my PC. (my son was rushed to hospital)

new links on post one - dpi fixed. market should play nice now

zip for the original fonts for those who want it.

regards chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Chris, I'm sorry to hear that about your son, I hope he'll get better soon.

About the ROM: It's great, best ROM i've used so far, stable, smooth, snappy, market works fine as well now.

I made a donation.

Thank you.

41 - 60 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.