·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for this rom! I have an issue with this rom, the touchscreen dont work in 1653 version

I tried hybridkernel v3 and does not work, any idea?

Thanks!
did you try flashing the. kernel I linked to?

·
Registered
104 Posts
ok. time to stop, take stock.

and ask a favour

in six years of building I always aim for one thing and ask one thing as well.

I aim for releasing something that works out of the box.

I ask for feedback so I can improve.

there have been a lot of downloads and little feedback.

please could people let me know. how they find this?

and also what version you are using?

I'd like to know if Dave_ud's issue affects other 1653 users. I've got a 33. I build with what I've got but I'm after something that works for everyone.

thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes, I flashed rom first and kernel after but this dont worked for me

I go to restore official rom and start again from the begin. Thanks!
don't forget cwm

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I flashed CWM too, but touch screen not work yet. I think that the problem is not provoked by the rom, with another roms I have the same problem, the touch screen dont work!

Any idea to fix the touch screen problem? I would test your rom! I read very great feedbacks!
Does the screen work with the stock rom? If this problem is all the time it's a hardware issue. I'd flash to stock and contact the point of sale.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I think so too. I flashed to stock rom and I will open a RMA. Thanks!

PD: Flashing stock rom restores the kernel too?
yes

·
Registered
25 Posts
Excellent rom chrisd1a1, nice and snappy with a quick boot.

Coming from vegantab the new dpi is taking a bit of getting used to. Go launcher ex is a winner for me, it resizes the icons to make them a bit bigger which I like.

Are there any themes kicking about for this?

Thanks,
Elliot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't get this to install and I'm lost.

Copy two files over , rom and tntkernel. Boot into CWM, wipe data/factory reset, install zip, select CyanogenMod7.2.0 and wait ~30s for it to finish, install TNTkernel and its done in a few seconds. Reboot and I'm straight back to CWM. Just tried this same method with Vegan Tab and am stuck with the same problem. I'm on CMW Recovery v2.5.1.1-bekit-0.8 if that matters, had trouble with my CWM version before.

Any idea where I've gone wrong?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can't get this to install and I'm lost.

Copy two files over , rom and tntkernel. Boot into CWM, wipe data/factory reset, install zip, select CyanogenMod7.2.0 and wait ~30s for it to finish, install TNTkernel and its done in a few seconds. Reboot and I'm straight back to CWM. Just tried this same method with Vegan Tab and am stuck with the same problem. I'm on CMW Recovery v2.5.1.1-bekit-0.8 if that matters, had trouble with my CWM version before.

Any idea where I've gone wrong?
there is literally a million things that could be wrong. I would return your hannspad to stock and then flash fards cwm. here

this will give your tab a clean slate to play with and hopefully sort any bugs that may be caused by dodgy flashes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
there is literally a million things that could be wrong. I would return your hannspad to stock and then flash fards cwm. here

this will give your tab a clean slate to play with and hopefully sort any bugs that may be caused by dodgy flashes.
first thought is simple the file size for the Rom is 99.17mb. the kernel is 4.22mb.

I'd. download again

I agree with the flash to a clean pad.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ROM works fine on my 1653, thanks Chris.

Flash ROM, flash kernel, boot. No prob.

However the GUI needs a little tidying Re: DPI too high? Request "popups" are full screen width and look rather odd.

Might try the build.prop from Vegan-Tab

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks, have it working now.

Flashed CMW 5.5 and then the stock rom, failed to boot but could still get into recovery. Installed CWM5.5 again and went straight to this rom and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
ROM works fine on my 1653, thanks Chris.

Flash ROM, flash kernel, boot. No prob.

However the GUI needs a little tidying Re: DPI too high? Request "popups" are full screen width and look rather odd.

Might try the build.prop from Vegan-Tab
i'll look into this for the next update.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was thinking of altering the dpi but the android market is quite sensitive to it. let us know how it goes.

I've just had a lock up.... playing on sketchndraw the screen froze. caps weren't working and when I pressed the power button the screen took about a minute to go off with the brightness gradually reducing every 10 seconds or so.
I think it was a one off. if it happens again, ill flash stock and flash this again.

Elliot.

21 - 40 of 192 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.