Android Tablets Forum banner
161 - 180 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
This is a great, great rom! I personally still have some market compatibility issues and know this is probably down to build prop and density values. Some xDA guys advise rebuilding the apps with luckypatcher which I can install but not run. I'm still trying to work it through on my own but any ideas on build props or fixes would be appreciated or any ideas why luckypatcher crashes may point me in the right direction

·
Registered
27 Posts
Like all 2.x roms(even stock) this one also has problems with touch sensor. Sometimes after sleep, sometimes immediately after turning tablet on. Only part of the screen works(small row on top) and theres nothing you can do, only reboot helps. Tried several roms and kernels, nothing helped, but on 3.x and 4.x everything works great. Anyone has the same problem or anyone knows how to solve it?

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Like all 2.x roms(even stock) this one also has problems with touch sensor. Sometimes after sleep, sometimes immediately after turning tablet on. Only part of the screen works(small row on top) and theres nothing you can do, only reboot helps. Tried several roms and kernels, nothing helped, but on 3.x and 4.x everything works great. Anyone has the same problem or anyone knows how to solve it?
Yes, this sometimes happens to me when waking up the tablet. No need to reboot though. Just turn the screen off and then on again whilst touching the screen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Really great Custom ROM, Andy. I need this tablet in a productive environment now (as a teleprompter tablet for broadcast TV), so the underlying ROM must be 100% reliable, does not need Jellybean beauty and SODs. Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
I cant see videos on youtube app. Someone said to install an older youtube app. Does someone make youtube work correctly? Ive just installed another older youtube version and it works fine. Sometimes i get sod and it restarts.Enviado desde mi ZTE Skate usando Tapatalk 2
Ahhh, yes... Youtube... I still haven't found a version that works that well on CM7. I tend to just install it from the play store- It works fine if, when the video starts, you turn off HD. The button is just left of the progress bar. If you leave it on HD you'll hear the audio of the vid without a picture.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I too have the fabled non-functional home button bug.

I thought I'd try and be clever and incorporate the gapps from post #102 into the Rom zip which supposedly fixes the issue but to no avail (mainly as I figured this would be easier than messing about with adb etc which I think is required for flashing gapps - you guessed it, I'm a novice!).

So, its not the gapps as such that effect the rom and it must be the process of flashing it that fixes the home button issue.

This home button thing is a dealbreaker so I'll have to go back to stock for now - but thanks for your efforts with it. If there is a simple way of sorting it please let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Right, so I've been playing around trying to fix this home button issue. I've installed a couple of times over using different kernels and gapp installations. Even though I wipe everything via cwm prior to installing the rom it always installs all the gapps whether I've opted to install them or not in aroma. So the installer seems to be faulty - whether this has anything to do with the homekey issue I don't know.....

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Right, so I've been playing around trying to fix this home button issue. I've installed a couple of times over using different kernels and gapp installations. Even though I wipe everything via cwm prior to installing the rom it always installs all the gapps whether I've opted to install them or not in aroma. So the installer seems to be faulty - whether this has anything to do with the homekey issue I don't know.....
I've just checked by doing a clean install on my tablet and no Google apps are installed if you select the no gapps option. You cannot sign into a Google account and there is no market icon. I went for no gapps, 120dpi, adw launcher and the hybrid kernel. However, the Home key wouldn't work.

I then tried installing with the full gapps and wiping the Dalvik cache. Once booted, I had a working home key.

If you search the net for 'cm7.2 home key button not working' you can see that it's a bug that appears on plenty of other devices. Looking through some of them, I can't see any specific fixes. The solution always seems to be "wipe and flash again" or "install gapps".

My guess would be that you haven't wiped the system or cache properly. Did you format both after doing a full wipe in CWM?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Andy. I wiped everything I could in cwm before installing - factory reset, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache. I'll have another go as I'd like to use this instead of reverting to stock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Right, just started again. But when I choose wipe dalvik cache I get "e: unknown volume for path (/sd-ext)". It does say dalvik cache wiped too but maybe it doesn't wipe it correctly.

This error popped up last time too and I guess could be related as maybe the dalvik isn't getting wiped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ve been using the rom for a week and is very fast. But sometimes when im playin a game the screen gets black and i have to reboot from the back button. Youtube in hd doesnt work. to put a lock screen i use widgetlocker. So it last so much time starting.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
I ve been using the rom for a week and is very fast. But sometimes when im playin a game the screen gets black and i have to reboot from the back button. Youtube in hd doesnt work. to put a lock screen i use widgetlocker. So it last so much time starting.
Youtube HD doesn't work because there is no hardware video acceleration in CM7. Either experiment with different versions, press HD in the bottom left of a full screen vid to watch stuff in SD, or install a rom with hardware acceleration- Stock or ICS or above.

I haven't had the rom reboot on me for ages or the screen go black. Which game did it happen with?

I'm not sure about the rest of your post. 'So it last so much time starting' -- Do you mean it boots slowly? I have some issues with slow boots sometimes. Not sure what causes it but fxing permissions might help.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Hi,

Trying to get this rom to work but I am getting the stuck boot screen
Are you using the correct partition structure? The rom will only work on the ones I stickied in this forum (I should stick up stuff in there about the newer teamDRH structure as well... on the todo list...).

Make sure you format the system partition. Left over data from other roms can cause issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After months of messing with various ICS and JB ROMs and getting frustrated with poor performance, I decided to go back to a 7.x ROM to make the tablet usable again. This looked like just the ticket, and indeed it installed fine (used the 250Mb/CWM6 nvflash) and seems really nice and smooth - brilliant!

However (had to be one, really!) I'm really confused about the partitioning for app storage etc. I'm having trouble with certain apps, in particular the Broken Sword game - it "can't find external storage" when it's trying to download additional data after installation.

What I have done is use CWM to partition a 2Gb chunk on the internal storage, so now app storage says 2Gb. But I don't really know if this was the correct thing to do. And I set Cyanogenmod settings to "use expanded internal storage", with "install location" still set to "Automatic".

Anyone got a good sensible set of CWM partitioning advice for apps and also settings in Cyanogenmod (the Application installation settings saying where to install apps to etc) which works well on the Hannspad with this ROM?

Am I barking completely up the wrong tree? (so long since I messed with Gingerbread and 7.x Cyanogenmod on anything...)

EDIT: I think the issue is CM7.2's naming of the "internal SD" as /mnt/emmc and the "external SD" (which I don't have) as /mnt/sdcard. So apps expecting to save to /mnt/sdcard are failing. Having found this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1545801 I tinkered with vold.fstab and build.prop to rename /mnt/sdcard to /mnt/external_sdcard and /mnt/emmc to /mnt/sdcard and now it is (fingers crossed) looking promising. We'll see!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I have problem with this rom. I create a new partition (4GB) on internal SD card via CWM;/ then flashed the CM7. Now i want to go back to stock rom. Unfortunately i can't remove this partition. Formating, erasing, wiping or restoring in APX doesn't work - i always have CM7 with all apps. I tried also Minitool partition with Windows. How can I delete this partiotion, please help;/

161 - 180 of 191 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.