Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
hello

first this is a verry good rom
good work
but i have i problem
my homebutton dont work

are there more people whith this problem?
is there a solution for?

already thanks

keep going!

greetz
I'm not sure why your home button isn't working. I think a few people have seen a similar thing but I've not had it happen here.

One fix might be to install the kernel again. Flash the zip in the original hybrid kernel thread and see if that helps.
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/25485-32-kernel/

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
i run that kernel i have flash it againno result
I've had a look into where the home button is setup and it should be working. The file is located here:

/system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl

The file can be edited as a text file and the behaviours of the various buttons on the Hannspad can be altered.

For instance, I wanted to remove the hidden search key from my tablet so I opened the qwerty.kl file in ES File Explorer (it has a built in text editor) and found the following line:

key 217 SEARCH WAKE_DROPPED

All I had to do to disable it was remove the line or comment it out.

The home button is set up in the same way. The line being :

key 102 HOME WAKE

As an experiment, try changing the above line to another function. You'll have to reboot to see if it worked. You could try:

key 102 VOLUME_UP WAKE

On reboot your home key should increase the volume rather than return back to the desktop. If that works then you can see if changing back to HOME sorts out the original issue.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Just a quick note. If you encounter a slow boot time (beyond the first boot which is always longer) then restart the Hannspad in CWM and use the 'fix permissions' option in the 'advanced' section. That'll sort it out.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have just installed this rom on my tab, after not touching it for over a year, and I must say, good work, also nice to see you used my boot animation

Though like the last two posters, my home key doesn't seem to be working? Tried both kernels, reformatted and everything...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
I love your boot animation Karl0ss. Thanks for making it. Hope it was ok to use.

The home button issue is bugging me now. As I wrote above, I can see where the hardware specific home key is set and all seems to be fine. All I can think is something goes wrong during the install. But what? ARGH...

So I guess the only way to find out is for me to wipe my tablet completely and try another fresh install. If I can break my home button then I might get some clues as to what is wrong. Now I just have to find the time to do that!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hey andy,

No problem with using the bootanimation

I haven't used my tablet for well over a year (got a nexus 7 now) but I remember before that a certain rom/kernel i used before the home button spun out, i think it might have been on of the odex'd TDR ICS builds...

I have a 53 model, maybe something to do with that? I tried both kernels, though not tried flashing one separately, I have given the tab to my wife, so if i can get it off her this weekend i will have a play and see if i can find a solution for you, and post..

even still, great work on the rom..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Feedback: an excellent rom. I had no noticeable issues, and i really appreciate the identity of the rom. A must-have, really.

Good move for the Aroma installer, it gives a polished look.

Imho, the reference custom rom for Hannspad actually !

Reactions: HannsRed

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Feedback: an excellent rom. I had no noticeable issues, and i really appreciate the identity of the rom. A must-have, really.

Good move for the Aroma installer, it gives a polished look.

Imho, the reference custom rom for Hannspad actually !
Sorry not to reply to this earlier. Your words mean a lot as I know you've done your fair share of rom tweaking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Afternoon all. Decided to dig my 1633 Hannspad out of semi-retirement recently and seeing as I'd never managed to get TeamDRH's JB rom running entirely to my satisfaction I was intrigued to see an updated CM7 rom. First things first - over all I'm impressed, it's easy to install and very smooth in action. Certainly far less glitchy or stuttering than I've seen in almost any other ROM, PerfectViewer on this handles comics/PDFs with ease that I'd see hanging for 5-10 seconds at a time under the two or three other ROMS that I've tried recently

Now the problem. Admit it, you knew there was a "but" coming

The ROM is installed with the Rotation kernel and basic GAPPS (Play only) on a 250mb structure with CWM6, it's a totally clean install with no vestiges of anything else. On pressing the power button the screen turns off as expected, all is fine. Huzzah. And the big let down - upon hitting the power button to bring the system back up, no response on the screen. The WiFi light comes back on so it looks like *something* is going on but there is no backlight or response from the screen itself and as soon as you touch the power key a second time the system shuts down totally. It will happily reboot if you press the power button again and shows no sign of ever having been temperamental, it seems to think it's a legitimate shutdown and boots as normal. Whilst I'm very fond of the BIOS boot screen (it's been on every phone since my X1i and is still on my SIII) it's not so beloved that I want to see it every time I pick up the slate

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW, what a great ROM.
The best I´ve ever had on my hannspad.
Fast, smoothy, no SOD,...

BUT, I have the same problem with the home button.
It doesn´t work.
I´ve tried both kernels.
I´ve done a wipe/factory reset several times.
I´ve tried to install the ROM with CWM 5 and 6

Who can help me...?

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
WOW, what a great ROM.The best I´ve ever had on my hannspad.Fast, smoothy, no SOD,...BUT, I have the same problem with the home button.It doesn´t work.I´ve tried both kernels.I´ve done a wipe/factory reset several times.I´ve tried to install the ROM with CWM 5 and 6Who can help me...?
The home button problem is very odd. Some people get it, some people don't.

If you have a look at my earlier post (#145) I went through the files that set the keys up. Basically, all android devices have codes for any 'hardware' keys and these are setup in the qwerty.kl file.

I need to look further into this but I have little time at the moment. It's really bugging me as it's a tiny problem which should have a simple solution! If anyone has any ideas then help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
@TarmacSurfer, for the power button:

if your tablet is in sleeping mode:

hit it, wait 1s, hit it again, wait it comes on.

if you are not successfull, wait 3 secs and retry. This is an easy trick to master, i don't even pay attention.

notice you can also simply change the kernel (any 2.6.32 for hannspad should work), but this one was working with SODy tabs as mine where hybridkernel v3 and hannspree one where the only ones that were working).

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
I have installed the gapps from #102 and now the home button works fine!!!

It would be great, if the size of the icons can be modified...
Wow, that's interesting... I'll check out the gapps package and see if I can see something in there that relates to the problem. I'll add the workaround to the first post if it works for users. Can other people with the home button problem flash the gapps and see if it fixes the issue?

Here's a workaround for the icon sizes if you're using ADW launcher. Go to the ADW settings and select 'screen'. Click on the no. of columns and change it by a notch. ok it and then move it back a notch. Ok it again and voila, decent icon sizes. I've no idea why (this is quickly becoming my catchphrase
) . They'll reset if you reboot but it's easy enough to tweak again. Yes, it's a silly workaround but it works for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, that's interesting... I'll check out the gapps package and see if I can see something in there that relates to the problem. I'll add the workaround to the first post if it works for users. Can other people with the home button problem flash the gapps and see if it fixes the issue?

Here's a workaround for the icon sizes if you're using ADW launcher. Go to the ADW settings and select 'screen'. Click on the no. of columns and change it by a notch. ok it and then move it back a notch. Ok it again and voila, decent icon sizes. I've no idea why (this is quickly becoming my catchphrase
) . They'll reset if you reboot but it's easy enough to tweak again. Yes, it's a silly workaround but it works for me.
I can confirm this solved the non-responsive home button for me too

141 - 160 of 191 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.