Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
CyanogenMod CM7 Hannspad 'Slightly Blue' Edition - v1.5

INTRODUCTION

Slightly Blue is a Gingerbread rom that I've created/modded/repackaged/remixed/tweaked and is based on the final CM7 build for Malata smb tablets (Hannspad, G-Tablet etc).

I thought there was a hole in the Hannspad world for another CM7 rom as chrisd1a1's CM7 release is now out of date and most people have moved on to ICS or JB. Those latter two versions of Android are great but CM7 does have some advantages for tablets like the Hannspad with it's paltry 512mb of ram. I'm not going to try and sell it to anyone- Try it yourself and see how it goes.

I've added an ICS styling to the rom for those of us used to the icons and feel of the newer Android versions. The original cyanbread theme is included if you want to go back to vanilla.

This rom will work with whatever partition size you have now whether it's the original 200mb or the JB hungry 350mb.

I've added an Aroma interface to the installer so that you can now choose between the Hybrid or Rotation kernel. There's also an option for launchers.

This is my first experiment in rom modding/cooking/fiddling. Please let me know if you find and issues or have ideas for additional tweaks, apps or themes.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Hannspad_CM7_Slightly_Blue_v1.5.zip - 137.35 MB

INSTALLATION

1. Boot into CWM
  2. wipe data/cache factory reset
  3. wipe dalvik cache
  4. Format - system, data and cache
  5. Flash the slightlyblue zip from internal or external memory
  6. Power off and then boot - Do not reboot. NOTE : I have an issue with my tablet where rebooting from recovery results in getting stuck on the Hannspree logo. I'm not sure how widespread this issue but if you do reboot and have the same problem then just hold the power button until the tablet turns off and then power up again.
Once booted:
  • Navigate to SETTINGS > Cyanogenmod Settings > Tablet Tweaks to move the status bar to the bottom and the soft buttons to the left.
  • Navigate to SETTINGS > Wireless & Networks > Wifi settings > connect to your wireless network
  • Navigate to SETTINGS > Accounts & Sync > add account > The Play store will be installed/upgraded
Enjoy!

NOTES

DPI- After some experimenting I've decided that my preferred dpi is 140. So, why didn't I include a 140 option in the rom...? Annoyingly, presenting a 140dpi Hannspad to the Play Store will cause a lot of apps to become unavailable. The solution is to choose 160dpi and tweak the dpi after you've setup and run/upgraded the Play Store. Once you're all set up with your account, change the dpi to 140(either by editing the build.prop or using the DPI Changer app) and reboot. Unless you wipe the the apps cache the Play store should see think you have a very compatible 160dpi device.- UPDATE. This only seems to work for a short amount of time as the Play Store will, at some point, check the dpi and change the compatibility again.

VIDEO PLAYBACK- CyanogenMod 7 does not have hardware acceleration/decoding enabled for video playback. It'll play SD video fine and some HD video should work with a decent software decoder and media player but I'd suggest looking at another rom if video is really important. It should be noted that this only effects video- Games use the full power of the Tegra2 system and CM7 is a fine gaming OS.

FEATURES

• Aroma installer for customisation
  • Choice of Google apps installation
  • Choice kernel
  • No SOD
  • Overclockable
  • Choice of 120 or 160 dpi
  • Fast and stable

APPS INCLUDED

• Adobe Flash v10.3.186.7
  • Terminal emulator
  • SuperSU
  • ES File Explorer v1.6.2.2

UPDATE 23.12.12 - v1.5

-Added dpi choice
-Added gapps choice
-Contacts apk is back by request

UPDATE 13.12.12 - v1.4

-Put the default browser back into the rom.
-build.prop replaced with the one from v1.2 for better compatibility.

UPDATE 12.12.12 - v1.3

-Rebuilt from the base smb_a1002 CM7 release.
-Added Aroma installer.
-Removed GAPPS and replaced with just the play store.
-Added ADW and Zeam launchers.

UPDATE 18.11.12 - v1.2

-Updated Holo launcher and ES file explorer to latest versions.
-Changed the kernel install to avoid error 7 messages in CWM - This is a bit experimental. Feedback appreciated.

Not a lot different from v1.1 so anyone running that version might want to just update Holo and Es File Explorer and not bother with v1.2. Alternatively, if you have 1.1 working well, you could flash the rom without a factory reset. It should update fine.

Kernel information

The'hybrid' kernel should work for most people and is very SOD resistant. A couple of apps have some compatibility issues so try the 'rotation' kernel if you have any issues.

THANKS AND CREDITS

Kernel development - ab73, rotation, fards, antibyte.
Theme - (ARGH, I've lost the credit for this due to trying a multitude of ics themes...)
Boot animation - Karl0ss and frysee
Everyone involved in Cyanogenmod development, past and present.
Graveen for the name.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Many thanks andywheels, will give this a try. Curretly running scdsone 7792 stock rom which has been great.
It's nice to have another rom to try out

Update: when installing i'm getting:

assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img","boot")
E: error in sdcard/Hannspad_cm7_Slightly_Blue_v1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

This is on CWM 6.0.1.1 touch, changed to CWM 5.5.0.2 but the same thing.
Flashed back to scdsone 7792 stock rom which installed fine and has the stock recovery.
Rebooted into stock recovery and tried to install but with the same error.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone else tried installing it yet? I'm a bit stuck on the error that RinoZ is getting. A 'status 7' error points to a bad download amongst other things so I'd love some feedback from someone else.

I'm also wondering if I should make a point in the first post about partition structures. I have no idea if this rom is going to work if it's installed on a rooted stock setup.

·
Registered
98 Posts
installed fine here
HDMI works

do i need to set something up to get the lockscreen to work?

quick play with it...

voise search does not work for me
terminal emulater force closes
google play force closes if i try to look at a demo video of an app
some of my own apps force close

ill keep messing with this rom for a few hours but ill most likly go back to 7792

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
installed fine here
HDMI works

do i need to set something up to get the lockscreen to work?

quick play with it...

voise search does not work for me
terminal emulater force closes
google play force closes if i try to look at a demo video of an app
some of my own apps force close

ill keep messing with this rom for a few hours but ill most likly go back to 7792
Can you reboot and wipe the dalvik cache? Does that make any difference?

Can you let me know which partition structure and CWM version you're using.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi there,

I am loving this but keep getting "The Process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. having to hit force close every 5-10 secounds ??

Did a complete wipe of everything. ive gone from (ROM)ICS 4.0.4 Hannspad) to this.

Any ideas plz
???

cheers

·
Registered
143 Posts
I gave this a try today and it seems to work pretty well.

I had to install Flash 11 to get any video to play via Opera and have found that even then, the video can play corrupted when viewing the BBC News.

The latest version of Youtube will play sound but none of the video, so will look to install an older version of the app.

I'm wondering whether there is no hardware acceleration in this ROM?

Good work Andy.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So we need to sort out the force close issue. It might be partition related or system app related. I'm going to look into it. The more feedback the better.

None of the Gingerbread roms can offer hardware acceleration for video. It's the one drawback.

·
Registered
104 Posts
good luck with this one Andy, i may not have the padd any more but still keep an eye out:)

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Thanks Chris. Your CM7 rom is the inspiration.

So, I can confirm terminal emulator is crashing. I'll admit that I stuck it in there just before releasing the rom and obviously didn't check it was working. It's just down to a missing library and shouldn't be hard to sort out.

The force close issue with some other apps could be due to me stripping out a system apk that I shouldn't. I might have to put a few things back to see if that's the case. Can anyone give me a specific app or action that consistently triggers a force close? That would be most handy.

Seeing as others have now installed the rom without trouble, I can only guess that RinoZ has a bad download. Can you download and try it again RinoZ? The MD5 checksum is on the download page.

Ok, so I'll try and get an updated version out later.

EDIT: New version is ready to go. Terminal emulator is fixed and I've re-jiggled (technical term
) the system apps. I'll upload it and post it here as soon as dev-host returns- It's broken at the moment.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
v1.1 is up now. It seems really stable. Fingers crossed it will be for you.

Although it's a bit crap for video playback, games work really well with CM7. I've been 'testing' by playing dead trigger and it was a very smooth experience.

The only issue I've had with it today is from W.e.l.d.e.r. It froze the tablet during the first mini tutorial page but the same thing happened with my JB install so I'm putting it down to the game rather than the rom.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I try to install this ROM but have a problem

I use your partition's zip (http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/39974-important-nvflash-preparation-files-needed-for-ics-and-jb-roms/) Use "Hannspad_250_cwm5.zip - 250mb system partition and Clockworkmod 5" and can install without problem, of course I do all wipes

But when I reboot... tablet dont start. Have freeze in Hannspree splash more than 1 hour ago... :s

I tried reinstall kernel too but have same problem

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi

I use your partition's zip (http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/39974-important-nvflash-preparation-files-needed-for-ics-and-jb-roms/) Use "Hannspad_250_cwm5.zip - 250mb system partition and Clockworkmod 5" and can install without problem, of course I do all wipes

But when I reboot... tablet dont start. Have freeze in Hannspree splash more than 1 hour ago... :s

So you can get into CWM ok? or not?

I've sometimes found that a reboot from CWM cause a freeze when the tablet restarts. I thought it was just my tablet being screwy but maybe it's a bug? I normally find that holding the pwr button in until the tablet shuts off or pressing the reset sorts it out. Try that and let me know how you get on.

I've got into a habit of powering off and then turning on rather than using a reboot from CWM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

I´ve got the same problems! I have to use nvflash to reanimate my tablet to stock.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Did you also reboot in CWM rather than power off/power on?

Did you try resetting the tablet or holding the power button in until it powers off and then powering up again?

Could you get into CWM? If so, then formatting the system data and cache partitions might also have been a way forward.

I really want to be able to work out the issue you're having and more information would be really useful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
andywheels: Seeing as others have now installed the rom without trouble, I can only guess that RinoZ has a bad download. Can you download and try it again RinoZ? The MD5 checksum is on the download page.
I downloaded twice & checksum was ok but still got the same error, I tried different nvflash packages (250mb,350mb), went back to total stock rom with stock recovery but still the same error, very weird.
This is the first rom I've had this error with.

I'll download v1.1 and see how that goes.

Keep up the good work andywheels.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.