·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Features

* Bluetooth USB dongle support
* USB GPS support (cp210x and pl2303)
* Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
* PS3 USB gamepad support (hid-sony)
* Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
* OpenVPN support (tun)
* Veno congestion control algorithm

Instructions

* Unrar the 3 rar files.
* Put the uncompressed gapps file (system.patch.zt280.tar.bz) and the uncompressed rom file (system.zt280.tar.bz) into zt-update folder (you get it after you unrar the common file).
* Enter zt-update folder and rename "config.first_install" of "config.update" to just "config" (if you're flashing this rom for the first time or if you wanna wipe the memory use the "first_install" file)
* Copy zt-update folder to the root of a microsd.
* Start the tablet keeping pressed VOL+ and POWER and follow the instructions.
* Enjoy CyanogenMod 9!

Changelog & download links

2012-10-05

* First release

Common - Rom - Gapps

Compatibility files for Zenithink C93

Common - Gapps

Follow the instructions but use these two common/gapps archives instead of the two linked above.

Known bugs

* You tell me...

FAQs

* WiFi now can stay enabled with display turned off. Note that if WiFi is enabled the tablet won't enter deep sleep so if you're more interestead in battery life instead of an always on WiFi change policy (on "Advanced" WiFi settings) from "Always" to "Never". 3 minutes after the display has been turned off the wifi will be disabled and the tablet will enter suspend.
* Internal memory is mounted at /mnt/sdcard, external sdcard is mounted at /mnt/external_sdcard. If you wanna swap them (and make primary your real microsd) change entry persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0 with persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1 in /system/build.prop file.

Sources

* Soon

Screenshots

·
Registered
23 Posts
Flashed & I must say, big thank you! So far vast improvement on stock & CM9 is very welcome on my C97. Only minor problem I have encountered so far is that my ES File Explorer does not want to open my images, but with my Gallery app doing that for me anyway, so far this is but a very small price to pay for a great Rom

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I've noticed that if you put it on charge and the tablet enters deep sleep it won't charge (it's something weird because it should be handled by the kernel). Anyway I've added a wake lock that keeps alive the tablet when it's charging. Fetch and unrar this rar and put it into /system/framework (you can use "solid explorer" to do that, @Jamstanton I suggest you to use that file manager too, try it and you won't go back, it's more ICS / JB style)

Who wanna try WiFi with smart powersave enabled (I'm testing it but I think it will be the default choice in all future releases) download and unrar this rar and put it into /system/lib (it'd be interesting trying if it gives a decent drain with wifi policy always on)
You'll see some entries like this in /proc/kmsg:
<4>[ [email protected]] rtw_set_ps_mode(): Busy Traffic , Leave 802.11 power save..
<4>[ [email protected]] rtl8192c_set_FwPwrMode_cmd(): Mode = 0, SmartPS = 0
<4>[ [email protected]] rtw_set_ps_mode(): Enter 802.11 power save mode...
<4>[ [email protected]] rtl8192c_dm_RF_Saving(): RF_Normal
<4>[ [email protected]] rtl8192c_set_FwPwrMode_cmd(): Mode = 2, SmartPS = 2
<4>[ [email protected]] rtw_set_ps_mode(): Busy Traffic , Leave 802.11 power save..
<4>[ [email protected]] rtl8192c_set_FwPwrMode_cmd(): Mode = 0, SmartPS = 0
<4>[ [email protected]] rtl8192c_dm_RF_Saving(): RF_Save

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've updated rom's link in the OP, the new file is cm9-c97-rom-20121005-fixed.rar (it includes the two things that I've posted this morning + a minor change to rild). If you have already flashed yesterday version just procede to the upgrade using the config.update file, you won't lose any data

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
If someone with a C93 wanna try it download this "common" .rar (use this one instead of the "c97" one, the other files, rom and gapps, are ok). Try it, if it worked I'll do the same thing for cm10.
If it doesn't try to see if it says anything useful with "adb logcat" command

edit: you need to fetch this "gapps" package that includes a couple of files required for the C93, if camera doesn't work install "Solid explorer" and edit /system/build.prop changing "hw.cameras=2" to "hw.cameras=1"

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Added support for C93.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just loaded this in my C93 today, WOW, I like it. The instructions for the C93 is a little different. There is no config.update or config.first_install. Instead I deleted command.update and renamed command.first_install to just command. Got that off the CGM10 thread. Also the C93 you have to hold down the back button while turning on instead of the volume+.

Still got allot of playing around with it yet, but thanks for this awesome ROM. Also thanks to F&L superstore. Sweet tablet!!!

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Just loaded this in my C93 today, WOW, I like it. The instructions for the C93 is a little different. There is no config.update or config.first_install. Instead I deleted command.update and renamed command.first_install to just command. Got that off the CGM10 thread. Also the C93 you have to hold down the back button while turning on instead of the volume+.

Still got allot of playing around with it yet, but thanks for this awesome ROM. Also thanks to F&L superstore. Sweet tablet!!!
I liked it too on the C93, but couldn't find a flashplayer that worked with embeded videos in the stock browser (doesn't scale the video to the window, just plays fullscreen in background)... Tell me if you find a working flash player please....

·
6,629 Posts
I just used the one from the play store. Haven't tried video through the nrowser yet. Netflix does work though. Also hulu+ and Crackle. I will have to try some more.
Yeah, the one in the playstore was the only one that didn't make the Browser crash back to the desktop, and it works well for Fullscreen stuff, just doesn't scale down to small windows.... I don't remember if I tried the Youtube app, where you can make the window smaller to see all the details and stuff, but that may have the same problem as embeded videos in the Browser, if you have a chance to check.... Already flashed back to my modded version of the Zenithink 0911 ROM after trying CM9 and CM10.... Would flash back to CM9 if that one issue was solved....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I see what you are talking about now. Tried YouTube in default browser and moble site only plays full screen and desktop site does what you described. Tried both mobile and desktop in Opera Mobile and the desktop site is the same, but the moble site is OK. hmmmm. Not an issue for me as I set my browser for tablet and usually use Opera Mobile.

·
6,629 Posts
I see what you are talking about now. Tried YouTube in default browser and moble site only plays full screen and desktop site does what you described. Tried both mobile and desktop in Opera Mobile and the desktop site is the same, but the moble site is OK. hmmmm. Not an issue for me as I set my browser for tablet and usually use Opera Mobile.
LOL, I thought you were going to say that it worked in the stock Browser too.... OK, so I am not that crazy then.....
Thank you for checking it....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Christian!
I have "migrated" from your 4.1 ROM to this and my camera troubles have gone

Is possible to have the 4.1keyboard in this ROM? (I miss it)

As always GOOD JOB!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi again!
I have made the mods from post #3 and now, every time that I turn off and on again the tablet there is a "Updating Android" popup... What's happening? A greeting!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Chritian,

After have installed this ROM on my C93, I encounter a problem with the camera:
When the tablet is placed in the vertical (focus on the right or left), my image is reversed.

We need to change a setting specific build.prop to fix this? Could you help me ?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Regards,

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a question? Why this old rom? It's not mantained anymore

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.