Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
the only issues noticed at the moment are

video playback is very choppy for 1280x720 due to hardware acceleration issues
volume buttons back to front (can live with this)
application grid doesn't seem to work correctly (more columns in portrait mode than landscape mode) - which suggests something switched around
lower wi-fi signal

other than these few issues this rom overall is brilliant once you get it configured how you want

quadrant score is over 2400
faster booting
market looks to be showing all applications
build.prop needs some changes for our device

overall i'm impressed so well done to both alpha232 and ab73

·
Registered
170 Posts
With kernel sorcery! Walker what kind of 720p video could you play smoothly on the stock kernel? I've never managed to get it to play without stuttering
on the hannstitan build i had no problems with 1280x720 music videos downloaded from youtube (using tubemate). the same videos now freeze but the audio continues after the first few seconds and then starts stuttering.

·
Registered
170 Posts
anyone notice an issue with the market saying you have no downloaded content when click on my apps even though you have downloaded something

update: resolved by clearing cache and data for market and framework then rebooting

·
Registered
170 Posts
Got a 3500+ Quadrant Standard score @ 1.4GHz - mightily impressed.

I should 'fess up here to say that I didn't do a full wipe but did wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache after install.

MKV and MP4 that played with TnTLite and HannsTitan no longer play. May need to do a full wipe.
i've gone back to hannstitan seeing it plays 1280x720 video without problems, i've sent alpha a pm with a link to it

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm having a problem mounting and viewing my tablet hard drive after installing the mod.
Under the default Hannspree software the tablet gave my a promt to mount when connecting to the PC. Now I get nothing but a little symbol appear in the top right of the tablet. 2 removable disk drives appear in my computer, but I'm simply asked to insert a disk if I try to click on either of these - previously under the default Hansspree software I was able to see all the files / folder in my tablet by doing this.
you have to tell your tablet to activate usb storage if you want to transfer files from pc to tablet - this has always been the case it was just under the stock rom it was done differently

just pull down the taskbar and select option to transfer files

·
Registered
170 Posts
quick question what is the difference between the kang rom and the original rom that was posted as noticed it's a difference of 10mb and was wondering if it was worth installing tonight before i go on holiday

·
Registered
170 Posts
i've just put honeycomb on which is really nice but lacks hw playback of video and gsensors - but market works perfectly and automatically redownloaded all my apps

·
Registered
170 Posts
@trashman - you got a link to the vegan-tab ge you running on the hannspad - does it run better than CM7, FB7.2 or GtaComb 3.3

I've gone back to hannstitan at the moment mainly because i don't get as many issues as I do under FB7.2 and wasn't overall keen with CM7 in it's current state

regards
walkerx

·
Registered
170 Posts
i've installed the 7.1.0 bl1.2 version of vegantab and it's a lot more responsive than flashback, installed ab's kernel so side buttons work otherwise problems when click on gallery or the camera - using zeam as launcher

the only issue i ever had with hanns was getting the sdcard showing when attach to pc, everything else was working fine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi, I'm stuck! All seemed to be going well and now the Hannspad won't boot. Tried force shutdown and reset but all it does is display the green HANNspree logo. Any clues? Thanks in advance.
will probably need to restore to stock and start again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.