Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hello Friends of Rocktab,

new firmware on the theme XPERIA (I thank the author), some small improvements have been made.

Proc?dure to flash :

You must use RKAndroid:

http://www.mediafire.com/?14si0y4a0ynl3e9

Remember to charge your battery and when it is over 50%.

The Rocktab shuts down
Unplug the power
Press and hold the vol + and connect the USB
Install drivers RKandroid
Open RKAndroid (if drivers ok)
Flash the firmware
Calibre screen and Enjoy ;)
Now when you flash the firmware you keep your data on internal memory ROCKTAB.

For root your devices

Download this tools apadroot.bat (Thank to Campa):

http://www.mediafire.com/?gk71b3i6qn7j9ph

http://www.4shared.com/file/meGLbiZ4/apadroot-v11.html

After update :

when system boots and android ask you if you would mount the usb device (your pc) , answer no :

1)open dox box or linux terminal and cd apadroot && apadroot.bat or ./apadroot.sh
2)your pad is rooted

(you can use mount_system_rw.bat)

[ROM] XPERIA v1.3 :

http://www.4shared.com/file/e-rUR2wJ/Rocktab-XPERIA_v13-update.html

Change log :

new boot.img
new recovery.img
added script Compcache (24mo)
new fullscreen backgrounds and bootup logo
use of swap removed
lowmemorykiller (xaueious) (This module enable kernel to automatic kill applications when memory reach certain limit. This is a greath thing and permit to bypass installation of the various taskkiller)
yaffs + aufs (Campa) (That drivers permits to mount partitions (e.g. /system) in rw)
Better Terminal
Live Home Launcher
News and Wheather.apk
added Contats.apk
Superuser
AudioPlayer

Smoother and faster, removing all useless. ;)
The forum and myself will not be held responsible for mishandling (BRICK)

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reserved

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
:-[

I'm sorry, wanting to move the topics.

I inadvertently deleted the comments of yesterday.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hi,

XPERIA v1.1 to fix the conflict with the battery icon Home icon.

I had to change the battery icone and repair the 360 ? rotation

I changed the kernel (2.6.25) and add low memory (thank you to Donaldson)

Now everything works very well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
lefeudedieu, now what is special with this one that is nicer than the 1.5 cupcake that came with the rocktab?

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hi,

I finished the theme I think today, here is a preview :

I changed the recovery that can now store their data on the internal memory after installation.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

update the theme Xperia With root and other details that make firmware faster.

;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Help me root after flashing the xperia on my Rocktab.  Universal Android says I'm rooted, BusyBox installer says rooted, but won't install, connectbot not allowed.  Superuser Whitelist was in app listing already after upgrade, but didn't really know why.  I installed the Superuser app in the fw package and even tried the one from Market.  Want to see that # in connectbot like I saw when I rooted the original fw, the one that was on Rocktab since I received it.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hello,

new release coming soon Xperia v1.3 :

lowmemorykiller ? This module enable kernel to automatic kill applications when memory reach certain limit. This is a greath thing and permit to bypass installation of the various taskkiller (xaueious)

yaffs + aufs - That drivers permits to mount partitions (e.g. /system) in rw

added :
Contats.apk
AudioPlayer.apk
Better terminal

with lowmemorykiller.ko (automatically selected at startup) use of taskkiller is now deprecated

@mcmajor,

he work now

·
Registered
2 Posts
To lefeudedieu.

Just want to thank you for all your work on making the rocktab even better.
I'am now in the proces of downloading the new 1.3 fw. Verry currious about the new changes,

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
  I have already flashed the update and tonight I'll give the apadroot instructions a go. So happy with xperia 1.5 and hope to get permanent root with it.  Don't go away...I may need your help with that procedure...Is that why a terminal emulator was in applications with last update?....THANKS FRIENDS!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I upgraded last night and I'm just trying this Xperia FW in my new Rocktab. So far looks good, I don't see much difference compared to the stock Rocktab FW.

@lefeudedieu: It's a great work, thanks for sharing it with us. One question though, any plans of porting Android 1.6 to the Rocktab, I saw you give it a try with Eclair, why not give it a try with Donut.

Regards!!

P.S.: Sorry for my English :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't want to sign up for a monthly fee on mediafire website.  Is there any other place I can download APADROOT.BAT?  Won't download said I needed to sign in.  Signed up for BASIC(free) and still wouldn't let me download anytime today. 

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=yopichoi link=topic=15201.msg135771#msg135771 date=1297551195]

@lefeudedieu: It's a great work, thanks for sharing it with us. One question though, any plans of porting Android 1.6 to the Rocktab, I saw you give it a try with Eclair, why not give it a try with Donut.

Regards!!

P.S.: Sorry for my English :)
[/quote]

Hi,

DONUT I have a version 1.6 which works very very hard on the ROCKTAB, more than 2.1

But I miss this (icons statut bar) :

https: / / github.com/lakehousetech/a7ht_donut_frameworks

I do not know for WIN XP do this work!

If a person wants to well with its Linux, we would have a firmware DONUT

[quote author=mcmajor link=topic=15201.msg135893#msg135893 date=1297576428]
I don't want to sign up for a monthly fee on mediafire website. Is there any other place I can download APADROOT.BAT? Won't download said I needed to sign in. Signed up for BASIC(free) and still wouldn't let me download anytime today.
[/quote]

http://www.4shared.com/file/meGLbiZ4/apadroot-v11.html

;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
[quote author=lefeudedieu link=topic=15201.msg135910#msg135910 date=1297584563]
Hi,

DONUT I have a version 1.6 which works very very hard on the ROCKTAB, more than 2.1

But I miss this (icons statut bar) :

https: / / github.com/lakehousetech/a7ht_donut_frameworks

I do not know for WIN XP do this work!

If a person wants to well with its Linux, we would have a firmware DONUT

[/quote]

Hi!

So basically you're telling me that ?clair (2.1) runs better than Donut (1.6) in the Rocktab?

Sorry, I didn't understand the last part. The one about the frameworks and Windows XP. ):

Regards.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could you give more detailed instructions to a newbie on how to get root on with this downloaded apadroot file? Been using the new firmware I flashed v1.3.3.04_2010.10.13 for a couple of days and like it and don't know where to begin on this apadroot. I do have Dos Box now installed in my XP PC. Does my Rocktab need to be connected to computer? ETC<ETC I need step by step instructions....Sorry I'm so CLUELESS!
My device says it's rooted in Universal Androot and in Busy Box Installer 1.7.1 but when I click to install Busy Box it will not install, it asks for permission and I say YES and still doesn't install. If I somehow get busy box to install will connectbot give me #? I even downloaded busy box through titanium backup and it still didn't work. I also need steps to be able to push busybox to install (I read you could do that somewhere). I think I only have SOFT ROOT. Is that as good as it gets, or will this file apadroot give me permanent root!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah this is only soft root. Even when it is rooted if you type mount you will see that the system is still cramfs, which does not allow permanent root.

Thanks for the effort lefeudedieu.

I installed the default rockaudio player because the album art wouldnt work with the xperia. But I have all my music on the /flash and the music player videos and pictures keep saying 'no music' 'no pictures' and 'no videos'.

Have you made the os default to the sd card somehow?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts