Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hi, @darkrickpr

I am new here and i would like to ask what is the best ROM you made for gaming? Is it truly the CUBEX? Project Margarine? or Generick MOD V7rc1?
Cubex work awesome

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
yes it should works on Pipo M1 if you got CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY already installed

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just being curious here does it also work on Pipo U1 Pro?
(Sub Question here-> Do you have problems playing Asphalt 7, Shadow gun, GTA, Dead trigger etc on a large screen tablet like Pipo M1? or does 7 inch suit better for gaming?
)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Just being curious here does it also work on Pipo U1 Pro?
(Sub Question here-> Do you have problems playing Asphalt 7, Shadow gun, GTA, Dead trigger etc on a large screen tablet like Pipo M1? or does 7 inch suit better for gaming?
)
I have play all of does games perfectly with my cube unsure if it will work with u1 pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you point me to a thread how to install Clockwormod for U20GT? I was looking at clockworkmod.com/rommanager but I don't know which one to download.

I wouldn't ask this, but in the first post you write 'how to install' title, but actually there is no instruction how to install...
Maybe I'm blind, but I only see these:
- if I have ICS, upgrade to JB
- two warning
- rkbatch download link for JB upgrade
- it can be tested on other tabs
- basic info on rom (btw, link points to youtube instead of a file)
- games tested

I hope you don't take this as an offense, I appreciate your work with the custom mod and I want to try out and give feedback. But I really can't find how to start. I know how to flash .img firmware but for .zip I would need the CWM and a small how-to.
Or is it possible to convert the .zip to .img somehow? It would be much easier.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I will replay some instruction

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will replay some instruction

With some Googling I found the CWM for Cube U20GT in one of your post: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38082-cube-u20gt/page__view__findpost__p__425969
And I figured out how to install your Cubex ROM.

This is what I did step-by step, if you want, copy this to the first post.

0. Download the ROM (http://www.mediafire.com/?8frdvd8o8ymb2zh and http://www.mediafire.com/?cl3bcll5cu5ryue), must be joined together and use winrar or 7zip to extract, the rom will have .zip extension, do not extract this! Copy the file to your SD card root (not inside folders)
1. Charge tablet battery to 100% then turn off, do not connect to anything yet
2. Download CWM_5.5.0.4 Recovery from http://www.mediafire.com/?7om43cq78kl3mm8 and unrar to C:\
3. Find out the PC Windows version (32 or 64 bit) by pressing "Windows key"+"Pause Break" in the same time, don't close this window
4. Start tablet in flash mode by holding it's "volume -" button (the one closer to the power button) and connect to PC via USB - keep holding the button until connected
5. Windows will find a new unknown device
6. Check the window opened at 3. step and look for "device manager" at top left, click to open it
7. In the device manager window look for the "unknown device", double click on it
8. Go to "Driver" tab and click on the "Update driver" button
9. Select the second option "Browse my computer for driver software"
10. Select "Let me pick from a list...."
11. In the next window make sure "Show all devices" is selected in the list then press "Next"
12. On the right, click "Have disk" button then browse the driver from "C:\CWM_5.5.0.4 Recovery\Drivers\x86" (if you have 32 bit Windows!) or "C:\CWM_5.5.0.4 Recovery\Drivers\x64" (if you have 64 bit windows!) select the folder according to your Windows (XP, 2000, Vista, or 7), then click on "rockusb.inf" and press "Open", then "OK"
13. If you did all well, it should show "RK30 Device" only, press "Next" button
14. A red warning will pop up, because the driver is not signed but don't worry, it is only because it's a modified driver, click "Install this driver sofware anyway"
15. Now you will see it is successfully installed, press "Close"
16. We have the tablet connected and now recognized by Windows, so launch C:\CWM_5.5.0.4 Recovery\RKAndroidTool.exe"
17. Do not change any setting, just press "Flash ROM", you will see the tablet is entering to CWM mode soon
18. Menu controls: volume button - up and down, power button - OK
19. Select "wipe data/factory reset" then go down to "yes -- delete all user data"
20. When finished, the menu will appear again, select "mounts and storage", then "format /system", go down to "yes - format"
21. Select "+++go back+++", then go to "advanced", and "wipe dalvik cache", go down to "yes - wipe dalvik cache"
22. Select "+++go back+++", then "install zip from sdcard", and "choose zip from sdcard"
23. Here you can see folders and files on the sdcard, select the ROM with the .zip extension, then "yes - install"
24. It will take some time to install, when finished it will say "install from sdcard complete"
25. Select "+++go back+++", then "reboot system now", and tablet will reboot with the new ROM

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
YEP THAT IS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Issues so far:
- File Manager stops after launch (update via Play to fix)
- Terminal Emulator stops after launch (update via Play to fix)
- Wi-Fi can't wake up after sleep, it shows awaible network out of reach (turn on and off to fix it)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
ive done installing your cubex rom, but my tab only last a few minute after lock screen slide, it became white screen. any help?
Try redownload the zip and re flashing that could help

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
480 Posts
@darkrickpr,

thanks for your recommendation and this rom. I could install your Metrobleach, Generickmod and now the Cubex on my AW920 (flashing the kernel.img from Nextway F8 for having WLAN). At the moment I like the Cubex very much. Which of these 3 roms do you prefer (on 8 inch) ?

Thanks for your great developements. Have a beer, cheers.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
i use CUBEX since it have been perfect compatibility for game i have a you tube video you can watch

·
Registered
480 Posts
@darkrickpr:

Thanks. I will keep Cubex now on my AW920. Maybe I will try to install it later on my wife's Yuandao N80 Dual also.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts