Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a small donation you can click on button.
If every happy user of this rom would just donate a couple per month I could invest more time in all these Android projects, it'd cost you just like one coffee per month.

Pre-Requisite

* TWRP recovery

Features

* Clean: it doesn't include any extra apk (only minimum base system + gapps) so the end user has full control over it
* Pre-rooted with SuperSu
* Full market access (regional restrictions can't be avoided in any case) + spoofed as SGSIII
* Init.d support
* Ad-block through hosts file
* Battery percentage mod
* Removed screenshot button from the status bar (you can take screenshots keeping pushed volume down and power for a couple of seconds)
* Added volume buttons to the status bar
* CyanogenMod 10.1 keyboard (it has more letters and dictionaries)
* Full busybox
* Build.prop tweaks

Instructions

* Just copy the ROM's zip to the internal (or external) memory.
* Boot into TWRP tapping "Recovery mode" from "Backup and restore" settings.
* Under "Wipe" menu do a "Factory reset".
* Go back and flash the ROM's zip from "Install" menu.
* Now you can reboot and enjoy your new ROM.

Download links and changelogs

2013-06-27 v3.2

* WARNING: before flashing this build you HAVE to flash stock SDK 3.2 using Phoenix Suit and answering "yes" to the format prompt, after that install the new TWRP for SDK 3.2 and proceed. You can do a nandroid backup before flashing with phoenix suit and copy the whole "TWRP" folder from the internal memory to your microsd (or to your PC) if you don't wanna reinstall everything again. In this case restore the backup and after that flash the new zip. If you get any weird trouble do a full wipe.
* Fix for the touschreen weirdness -> flash this zip after the rom
* Updated to SDK 3.2

Screenshots

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Old stuff

2013-06-03 v3.0

* Fix for the touschreen weirdness -> flash this zip after the rom
* Added extra kernel modules for gamepad, usb2serial, and usb audio (untested) support
* Based on stock 2013-06-03 (baseband v3.0) firmware
* Bootloader partition has changed, the zip will flash the updated bootloader image but if you have troubles booting the ROM flash stock v3.0 using PhoenixSuit and then try again.

2013-04-03 v2.0

* Extra kernel modules for gamepad, openvpn, usb2serial support! Link
* Based on stock 2013-04-03 (baseband v2.0) firmware
* Reverted volume rocker behavior to stock
* Bootloader partition has changed, the zip will flash the updated bootloader image but if you have troubles booting the ROM flash stock v2.0 using PhoenixSuit and then try again.
* Latest YouTube app plays only audio, probably AllWinner haven't tested properly this SDK 2.0... as workaround you can install this YouTube apk and don't update until they will fix their mess

* Updated system apps to latest versions.

2013-03-20 v1.35

* Based on stock 2013-03-20 (baseband v1.35) firmware

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes because the rom is a flashable zip

·
Registered
3 Posts
Christian, there is any chance to you port custom roms for this tablet? If not I'll probably buy the Ainol Hero, since you support it.
And really thanks for all the effort you put.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can the tablet be made to support USB Bluetooth and Wifi dongles by integrating drivers in the ROM?
Yes but probably we'll never see the kernel source code

PS: on 4.1 is the last version where usb bluetooth will work, starting from 4.2 only UART will work

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, looking forward to installing this when i recieve my spark

Quick question, how do you do the remapping "volume buttons to the status bar and remapped physical volume buttons to menu and back" back to default?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
restore /system/usr/keylayout/sw-keyboard.kl from a stock fw to have the volume rocker working as stock

removing the volume buttons from the sysbar requires some apktool job

btw, if you enjoy my work, please, consider a donation, i don't ask much, even just 1€/$ per month by every user of my rom could sustain my necessities in this rough times

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Christian thirst thanks for your work, i spread your firmware and your twrp recovery to a german forum, i hope this is ok for you. Can you please tell us how do you spoof the SGSIII? Cause my tablet works very well and this is the only thing i would change!? thanks KMGTB

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
have a look at my build.prop

ro.product.model=GT-I9300
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-I9300
ro.product.device=GT-I9300
ro.product.board=exdroid
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=exdroid
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=m0xx
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=m0xx-user 4.1.1 JRO03C I9300XXDLIB release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/m0xx/m0:4.1.1/JRO03C/I9300XXDLIB:user/release-keys
this are the relevant entries

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hadn't any big problem with nova during these days but I use it only with one desktop and 4 folder loaded of icons.
Stock is laggy to me, in next build I might add apex, tomorrow I can do a flash able zip that flashes apex (a modified version that disables dock and enable tablet ui as default) and deletes nova.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Weird thing... with this ROM (maybe a problem of stock version), some system apps and icons texts are not correctly translated into spanish...
Not even in Italian.
Ainol usually fixes one thing and screws other two...

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Flash stock 0320 before because probably a fex file in the boot loader partition has been updated since previous build.

1 - 20 of 405 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.