Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts

Crystal Blue 1.1 Rom For All batches​

I'm proud to present Crystal Blue. This Rom is based on 121218 Stock Rom. Basically, i've build it the same way Crystal Clear was, so every Compatibility Zip should Work on it. I'm running it for over 1 month now and it's stable and fast. Most of my tweaks comes from Crystal-Clear (keep some and remove some), few from other Roms avalaible here and some from me... I give big big credits to Fuser-Invent, because he solved lots of bugs we had with stock Rom.

Here's what in my Rom :

Based on 121218 Stock Firmware
Root
Fully Deodexed
Latest Busybox
init.d scripts
build.prop tweaks
zipalign on boot
Fix CPU SOD after sleep
Fix lib for DTS Sound issue
Fix Google Play Market (all apps avalaible)
Tablet UI & Notification Working (thanks to Fuser-Invent)
100% Battery mod with Big Blue Digital numbers
SuperCharged Services.jar W/Die-Hard Launcher setup (Thanks to ZeppelinRox)
V6 Supercharger Script (Disable by Default)
Add toggles for sound, vibrate and silent on shutdown menu
Power menu 4 way reboot ( Thanks to Kahvitahra)
Wallpaper Plus (many many Wallpaper from AOKP, AOSP, Cyanogenmod, Jellybean, ICS, Samsung, HTC Sense,...
Holo Launcher HD
working Youtube 4.1.23
Latest modded Skype
4.2 Ringtones/Alarms/Notifications sounds
4.2 Bootanimation
4.2 Keyboard
4.2 DeskClock
4.2 Play Music
4.2 Google Ears Widget
4.2 Gmail
4.2 PlayStore

Credits​
Fuser-Invent of course, Tiger-gg, JDfense, Souflier, Kahvitahra, ZeppelinRox and many other forum user for reporting bugs and bring new ideas...​

ScreenShots​

Installation Instructions & Suggestions​

-USE Latest TWRP Recovery
-Make a BACKUP before... did i say it??? BACKUP
-Wipe Everything
-Install Rom
-Install Compatibility Zip
-Reboot
-I suggest setup your desktop in 4X6 or 4X7 with 7 icons in the dock.
-Because i don't use all the same battery tweaks, i suggest battery calibration. App. avalaible on PlayStore
-To use V6 Supercharger Script enter in Terminal and type the Following:
Code:
su<br />
sh /system/v6supercharger.sh
Some Tweaks are good some others less and some does nothing... depends how you use your tab...try them, you'll see if it improve something or not. Also some tweaks already implements in the rom. V6 Supercharger is your own Rom "Finetuner".

Additionnal Informations​

Here's the downside, sorry guys but i'm very busy in my life and don't have lot of times to give to all of you full support of this Rom. So you take it as it is or leave it if you're not happy because one of your game not working properly. Bugs reporting are always welcome but probably won't be fix by me. Also, i don't think i'll give update version for Crystal Blue... at least for now!!! Thanks to understand this. At the beginning, this rom was built for personal use, but i decide to share with all of you because i think it's working fine and brings kinda different experience than other roms avalaible now.

Also, the usual Warnings... I'm not responsible if you brick your device by flashing one of the file avalaible here. Everything at your own risk.
Read,Read,Read and use the search function or google search, many usual questions already answered on this forums!!!

Download​

·
Registered
134 Posts
Changelog

v 1.1 (29-03-2013)

- Add battery Animation in charging mode
- Supercharged Services.jar W/Die-Hard Launcher setup
- V6 Supercharger Script (Disable by default)
- Add Terminal App
- Better Multitasking
- Faster !!!
- Add the Following from the 4.2 build
  • Ringtones, alarms and notifications sound
  • Bootanimation
  • Android Keyboard (W/swype feature)
  • Fonts
  • Gmail
  • Play Store (just few bugfixes)
  • DeskClock (App+Widget)
  • Play Music
  • Google Ears (widget will not appear if you live outside the U.S) Use PackageEnabler from Playstore to fix

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Awesome to see another Custom ROM here! Can you share how you added the toggles on the shutdown menu and options on the power menu? It has been on my to-do list and I haven't gotten to it yet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes for sure. Small changes in Framework-res.apk to bring the complete shutdown menu and i use the kahvitahra guide to add the 4 way reboot.

i Worked with Crystal-Clear Framework-res.apk and your android.policy.jar (to keep the ui Tablet and working notification)

in framework in res/values/integers.xml you have to change values of "config_longPressOnPowerBehavior" to "1". That was the hard thing to find... The rest i apply the guide and mod some lines....to remove airplane mode not working good...

If you take my Framework-res.apk and Android.policy.jar, should work perfectly on your rom.

will do a flashable zip soon for people running your rom and want to use the 4 way reboot...

Reactions: fuser-invent

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Yes for sure. Small changes in Framework-res.apk to bring the complete shutdown menu and i use the kahvitahra guide to add the 4 way reboot.

i Worked with Crystal-Clear Framework-res.apk and your android.policy.jar (to keep the ui Tablet and working notification)

in framework in res/values/integers.xml you have to change values of "config_longPressOnPowerBehavior" to "1". That was the hard thing to find... The rest i apply the guide and mod some lines....to remove airplane mode not working good...

If you take my Framework-res.apk and Android.policy.jar, should work perfectly on your rom.

will do a flashable zip soon for people running your rom and want to use the 4 way reboot...
Awesome thanks! I like knowing how things work so I'm going to attempt to do it myself, but if I fail then thanks for the offer to share your files.

So besides removing the references to airplane mode, you followed the rest of the guide or were there any other changes you had to make?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes another thing different was to change some lines to bring the powermenu. in the guide, it says to search for those lines in GlobalActions.smali :

Code:
  new-instance v0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$5;<br />
<br />
    const v1, 0x1080640<br />
<br />
    const v2, 0x1040165<br />
<br />
    invoke-direct {v0, p0, v1, v2}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$5;->(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V<br />
<br />
    iput-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;->mRestart:Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$SinglePressAction;
and change the two $5 to $99.

But since the restart button never show up in the shutdown menu, i reassign to the shutdown button so i called the $99 files here :

Code:
move-object/from16 v0, p0<br />
<br />
    iget-object v1, v0, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;->mItems:Ljava/util/ArrayList;<br />
<br />
    new-instance v2, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$2;<br />
<br />
    const v3, 0x1080030<br />
<br />
    const v4, 0x1040137<br />
<br />
    move-object/from16 v0, p0<br />
<br />
    invoke-direct {v2, v0, v3, v4}, Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions$2;-><init>(Lcom/android/internal/policy/impl/GlobalActions;II)V<br />
<br />
    invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/util/ArrayList;->add(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
so you have to replace the two "$2" with "$99"

i did this mod 3-4 weeks ago, i think that's it, i don't remember anything else different from the guide...

Also, i know the bootloader option just do a restart because we don't use any bootloader menu in this tablet. I tried to remove it in GlobalActions$SinglePressAction.smali but it breaks the shutdown option...i missed times to fix that but maybe in another updates later on...

Reactions: fuser-invent

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Tornade, big list of improvements. I must try your stuff. And it is so blue, my favourite colour.

A song for the new ROM

JDfense

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hey Tornade, just wanted to drop by again and say thank you. I've added the extended power menu to Crystal Clear, Anti-Hero and my upcoming Elenari Elf2 ROM's. I tried removing the bootloader option as well with no luck, if I figure it out I will let you know.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great that you add this to your Roms. Let me know if you find something for the bootloader!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great job!!!.

I am new in this field. I have just purchased an Ainol Crystal batch 3 130108, and I would like to know if I can use this custom rom o any other one.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It SHOULD works with TWRP for batch3 and comp.zip batch 3 and if your camera is not working flash the camera fix. BUT this rom is brand new from couple of days and nobody report yet if it's working on their different batches... so please guys report if the rom works good with batch 1 and 3...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dos this Rom support USB Bluetooth dongles? If not, do you know any way to add this?
don't know sir... don't have one to test! try it and you'll tell us! For now, only thing i can tell you is in settings there's bluetooth option...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you Tornade for your answer.

More details of my Aninol Crystal:

Batch 3 - SN: 130108G26248
Kernel Version: 3.0.8-gcda87f3-dirty [email protected]
Compilation number: 20121218

What is the procedure to install this Rom to my device?
Is there any tutorial?

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Okay, someone has to give a feedback. I had not much of a feedback for my JBX, but thats the way it is.

I test your Rom on batch2
Flashing and first boot work fine...
I know the bootanimation from gtab DRH ICS...nice...
camera functions complete...
can't switch on bluetooth...
Rom is fast and responsive...
voice search and youtube

gsync work complete...
fingerprint works...
chrome works...
audio and video

not tested hdmi,skype, don't use it

I'll keep it for a while longer on my crystal, I like it.

JDfense

·
Registered
10 Posts
A damn fine rom mate, been using it for a week now. Did some mods myself and used battery calibrator. The battery life has doubled and it charges twice as fast. I dont know what u put in it but it is the best rom i ever had on my tab. Kuddos. One thing

In ur next update please add a battery charging amination to the percentage indicator. It does not show anything when connected to the charger. Have to go settings to check if the tab is charging. All else in super ok

1 - 20 of 50 Posts