Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Installed latest version and I have to say it's a big improvement on the last version. Movies play without stuttering, games like Bard and Angry Birds play without without issue, it even plays some games that I couldn't play before. Restored apps and data with titanium. Most Impressed!

Still using Graveen-Kernel-v1.2b kernal.

andywheels: I did try ParanoidAndroid last week, but ended flashing TeamDRH back as I was having a few issues with performance.

Credit to SmoothBean ROM and it's creators.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello

I updated the version 1.4.2 with the kernel graveen 1.2 minimal. Most everythin works execpt the light senso so the tab don't auto adjustnthe backight.... is it normal ? Does someone else have this issue ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same problem on this ROM. Normally I use the ASUS weather widget and on 1.4.2 the widget can not get the weather location. Besides that, IMHO this ROM is much better than the previous one. I am playing with it form the last 3 days, no freeze at all, and the navigation is much more smooth than the previous.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have gone back to TEAM DRH 1.3 It's the only ROM where everything works for me. Smooth Bean got majorly freeze up laggy. I have installed many ROMs and followed instructions to the letter so it wasn't me doing anything wrong. I'm on a 1633 Hannspad. I tried Dirty Bean too, but that got laggy although not as bad. 1.3 working like a charm.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I have gone back to TEAM DRH 1.3 It's the only ROM where everything works for me. Smooth Bean got majorly freeze up laggy. I have installed many ROMs and followed instructions to the letter so it wasn't me doing anything wrong. I'm on a 1633 Hannspad. I tried Dirty Bean too, but that got laggy although not as bad. 1.3 working like a charm.
Funny that you say that. I've read the same thing a few times now. Everyone seemed to jump ship from ICS when the smoother (at least to begin with) JB came out but the teamdrh ics rom is still really good. I might try it again soon.

Which kernel are you using on ics?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Strange to see so many differance between the user experiance on this rom. For me my hannspad just flies, real stable, no lag, playes movies online and offline in HD.
I mannage two other hannspad's besides my own. I think I'll put those two on Smooth Bean some time this week and see if those two fly as high as mine does :)
Real happy with this rom, I have the feeling my hannspad was never this smooth and stable with any custom rom (I only tried HC roms and up.. )

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
My experience with all the JB roms (also somewhat true of ICS roms) is that performance gets worse the longer I'm using it. It's super smooth and fast when I first load it in but then the micro-stutters appear... the force close windows pop up randomly... the browser pauses for a few seconds on loading a simple page... These things certainly don't happen all the time and all the roms are pretty usable but they are annoying, especially with them getting worse over time. When you add in that my tablet suffers SOD's on just about every screen off, I don't use JB for regular use.

Glad to see you're having a good run with JB nente002.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've been using smooth bean with the graveen reduced kernel for a couple of days and on the whole have found it to be pretty smooth.

There seemed to be an indication that HDMI audio was working but I have no video or audio but I'm guessing that this is down to the kernel being used.

The only issues that I have so far found are:

Keyboard often places 2 characters in a single key press.
If left to go to sleep for longer than 5 minutes then it automatically reboots.

Overall I am most impressed though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all!

I use version 1.5.2 and it's great! I'm worried to flash the Graveen-Kernel-v1.2b kernel. When I did it previously my DPI settings where screwed. Small icons, broken text, etc..

So as I'm very pleased by version 1.5.2. of this rom, do you think it's worth a try flashing the Graveen-Kernel-v1.2b kernel? I'm doing it correct when I do it at recovery screen and install from zip and choose Graveen-Kernel-v1.2b kernel, right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all!

I use version 1.5.2 and it's great! I'm worried to flash the Graveen-Kernel-v1.2b kernel. When I did it previously my DPI settings where screwed. Small icons, broken text, etc..

So as I'm very pleased by version 1.5.2. of this rom, do you think it's worth a try flashing the Graveen-Kernel-v1.2b kernel? I'm doing it correct when I do it at recovery screen and install from zip and choose Graveen-Kernel-v1.2b kernel, right?
Now I noticed on version 1.5.2 versie on I don't find the option to sync all my contacts on my Google account. The rest I can synchronise. Somebody else having the same problem?

I find this ROM the best though! I also tried the graveen 1.2b kernel, but the DPI is set to 120 which I find a pitty! I want 160 DPI.

Can anyone help?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.