Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
The Hand That Smites
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not the creator of this ROM. All credit goes to Boushh

[ROM][CDMA][VZW]KhasMek's K-leanMod v2
(Yes I know clean isn't spelled with a K)

Well, I've been working on my personal ROM for quite a while now, since there isn't much out there for us VZW users, I've decided to share. This might work on sprint, but I haven't tried. Sprint users should stay away unless they really know what they're doing. As normal, it's not my fault if you fubar your tab by flashing this or if zombies come and speedhump your cat. You've been warned.

YOU MUST HAVE AN EXT4 FORMATTED FILE SYSTEM TO USE
Use Koush's CWM recovery to get there. If you are running my kernel, you are fine.

Preamble
1. Don't ask me on how to install koush's recovery, that's what his thread is for. Laymen's terms- Did you do THIS? If you did, you're good to go, if not. do it.
2. I am not going to teach you how to use, or set up the applications that you need to use/flash this. I have included links to everything you need to know, just click and read for a second. If you are not willing to put out a little bit of effort to better your experience with your Tab, I am not going to waste even more of my time that could be dedicated towards making my ROM better. Also, if you aren't willing to give yourself the fundamental knowledge required for flashing this and something goes wrong, you will then have the required skill to fix it, instead of blaming me for bricking your Tab. I don't need that. I am willing to support my ROM and help with some confusion, but if you want me to do everything for you- lo siento.

About This ROM

There's not too much to say about it. It's DJ11 with almost 100MB of bloat ware, Verizon/Samsung crap and worthless other nonsense pulled out and the good bits updated with parts of the EURO updates/dumps. I have also done some other mods and optimizations.

Features

• Updated Samsung apps from newer GSM ROMS! (The only way you can currently experience the updates on your CDMA device)
  • Deodexed
  • Zipaligned
  • Ad blocking hosts
  • Screen density of 180 (you can fit more stuff on the screen. Change with build.prop edit or LCD Density changer)
  • Transparent Notification bar
  • Gingerbread launcher
  • Minimal Touchwiz integration
  • Custom notification and ringtones (a la The PHJC)
  • More! (Really, there is more, but I can't think of it right now, I'll edit this post as I remember)
Installed Apps
  • 3G Mobile Hotspot (wifi needs it to work)
  • Browser
  • Calendar
  • Camera
  • Chrome to Phone
  • Contacts
  • Email
  • Gallery
  • Gmail
  • Google Search
  • Latitude
  • Maps
  • Market
  • Connected Music Player (from Motorola, it's sweet)
  • Navigation
  • Places
  • Spare Part
  • Superuser
  • Talk
  • Task Manager
  • Titanium Backup
  • Video
  • Voices
  • Voice Search
  • Youtube
Removed
  • Verizon Boot Animation (That's why all you see is a black screen on first boot, just wait. I'm working on a custom one right now.)
  • Touchwiz Launcher!!!
  • Accessibility features. Note: you can still manually download them from the market.
  • lot of other crap, I can't remember, blockbuster, games, it goes on. I pulled out almost 100MB of apps, unneeded audio files, apps and such.
Changelog

v2 - Application Update
  • Lots of apps integrated from the GSM JMI Dump from Rotohammer. As usual I have deodexed and zipaligned the apks. There are some nice updates in the task manager, Contacts, Calendar, email and several other apps.

v1 - Initial Public Release
I was having some core issues with previous versions, but I've been running for well over 12 hours now without a problem.
If people paying for the data plans would report back to confirm all wireless cell activity still functions, that would be great (I only use wifi, but my VZW location service still works, so your data should too).

Known Issues
  • The notification/ringtones are duplicated in the selection windows, don't know why but there are no redundant files.
  • You will get core FC's and FC's in contacts, calendar and email until your Twitter/Facebook/Gmail accounts are fully synced, this is normal. Just give it a couple hours to fully sync (or turn up the sync interval to speed up the process).
  • If you are having any issues with the ROM loading on the first boot (it shouldn't take more than 4 minutes at the black screen) Turn the Tab off by holding down the power button until it powers off (9 seconds or so), Boot into recovery, select advanced --> reboot recovery. Once the secondary recovery loads, select format/factory reset and reboot.
  • Set picture as lockscreen wallpaper doesn't work.
Plans
I don't know, it's fast right now. Probably just more streamlining, accurate battery mod, shutdown options and a theme are all on the list too. This is really just to get me through until I finish some other things. You can make requests, but don't expect me to listen to them. I'm just sharing the ROM I've made for myself, so it is, and always will be, configured the way I like it. There's always the random good idea though. Let me know if you find any serious bugs too please.

Installation
  • Download the VZW bootstrapper or manually CWM your Tab (instructions HERE)
  • Download ROM
  • Factory Reset (BACK UP YOUR DATA FIRST!)
  • Boot into download mode (power off, power button + volume down)
  • Flash Via Heimdall. Read about, get download links, and learn to use heimdall HERE
Extras
  • Metamorph to change status bar black - DOWNLOAD
  • Metamorph to change status bar white - DOWNLOAD
  • Metamorph to change status bar transparent (default) - DOWNLOAD
Note: Metamorph can be downloaded from the market HERE or if you prefer ninjamorph HERE.

Thanks
jt1134, Adrynalyne, rotohammer, TCMAN and everyone in IRC as usually is great help.

Lastly, if you like my work, donate to me so I can donate money to devs that make my world easier (and therefore yours).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts