Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[ROM] CaffeineROM v0.1 [First BETA]THIS ROM IS IN EARLY BETA, SO IF YOUR WILLING TO TRY IT FEEL FREE TO PROVIDE SOME FEEDBACKPLUG YOUR SLATE IN WHEN FLASHING!!!! DO NOT FLASH WHEN UNPLUGGED YOU RISK RUNNING OUT BATTERY AND BRICKING YOUR DEVICE!!CAFFEINE v0.1 changelog 7/20/2010-----------------------------------------------------------1.7.4 BasedRemoved unneeded apps (chinese ones) SWAPRoot automaticallymodified build.propmodified permissionsModified Browser UA (Iphone flavor)calculatordocs2goAct1PlayerFacebookIReaderPeacock Photo GalleryEs file explorerbrowser updatedMarket (works like other 1.7.4 ROMs)Remapped HW keys - Vol = menu + Vol = Back Round = Home-----------------------------------------------------------Download:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=46T4UI31 orhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XTLURMM orhttp://rapidshare.com/files/408065667/caffeinev01.7z-----------------------------------------------------------It may take a while to install and boot the first time, so patience is a virtue--------------------------------------------------Install:1) Copy the "script" into the plain SD card(use 7zip). 2) Connect the Table to power. 3) Insert that SD card to the slate when the slate is off. 4) Turn the slate ON by pressing the power switch5) Wait until tablet asks to remove SD6) Wait the system to load (it will load, takes some time)-----------------------------------------------------------IMPORTANT NOTICE:I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BRICKING, FIRE, EXPLOSIONS, END OF DAYS, DIVORCE, OR DEATH THAT MAY OCCUR (though I is unlikely it will)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Issues,Market is not working -> well this is problem with all 1.7.4 ROM's, I dont thing that there is a reable fix for it at the moment. Market issues are propably caused by incorrect AndroidID tag in Eken FW's, for example games like World War, Ninjas Live etc. are saying that AndroidID is missing, how ever you can try to install these games to rom, how? simple, Install the game but dont run it, Login to Android Market and exit from there, start the game. It works but as there is problem with AndroidID you will see profile that someone else has started

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for making updates!I'm pretty disappointed with the dysfunctional rom that came with my device so it's really good to see that someone tries to improve it!I've just updated my slate and the update process went just fine.But after that things got pretty bad. None of the hardware buttons worked except for the power button so i couldnt unlock the device. The touch screen didn't work either so i can't even reboot the device.But i'm sure you'll fix these bugs in a later release!Anyway, keep up the good work!And keep the new releases coming!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='lugiber;21269]Thanks for making updates!I'm pretty disappointed with the dysfunctional rom that came with my device so it's really good to see that someone tries to improve it!I've just updated my slate and the update process went just fine.But after that things got pretty bad. None of the hardware buttons worked except for the power button so i couldnt unlock the device. The touch screen didn't work either so i can't even reboot the device.But i'm sure you'll fix these bugs in a later release!Anyway' date=' keep up the good work!And keep the new releases coming! [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] Hmm,You did notice that HW buttons are mapped?I have made several re-flashes and HW buttons where working allways, screen needs to be calibred after flash, it could be of course that flash went bad but for some reason. Anyhow I will look if there's anything that I can do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
[quote name='mjorte;21420]Hmm' date='You did notice that HW buttons are mapped?I have made several re-flashes and HW buttons where working allways, screen needs to be calibred after flash, it could be of course that flash went bad but for some reason. Anyhow I will look if there's anything that I can do.[/QUOTE'] My bad! Apparently i have a device thats very similar to Eken003 but it uses different drivers for the buttons. Thats why your release didn't work for me.Sorry about the confusion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Think that it?s a good job, in my Eken M003 works perfectly, I found some things to optimize by example: The initialization takes about 4 minutes, you can add the youtube low res from another link here, works perfectly fom explorer and from youtube application. I probe all and send my feedback.Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, a pretty good Beta. I have it on my 'white label' Eken M003 and everything works. Nice collection of apps, cool boot, and clearly some tweaks here and there. I still find the Eken M003 a dog, and it lacks the slick user interface I had hoped for. However, your ROM is the best I've tried so far. Thanks for the effort, please continue!Appreciated here in the UK :0)

·
Registered
60 Posts
[quote name='bobby2010;23661]Thanks for doing this. I saw another thread that talked about how to manually add an Android Id:[URL]http://38.99.171.104/~slatedr1/showthread.php/3347-Ugly-hack-to-working-market[/URL]BTW' date=' Eken just released build 1.9.0 for M003. Want a copy?[/QUOTE'] YES!! Where can we get it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote name='bobby2010;23661]Thanks for doing this. I saw another thread that talked about how to manually add an Android Id:[URL]http://38.99.171.104/~slatedr1/showthread.php/3347-Ugly-hack-to-working-market[/URL]BTW' date=' Eken just released build 1.9.0 for M003. Want a copy?[/QUOTE']Well, the market issue is not that simple, while using caffeine ROM you actually get an AndroidID when you first sing in to market, to test this you can simply installing Thinkfree sysinfo, under System settings you can see your current AndroidID and as I have tested it several times AndroidID is missing until you login with your Google ID. Any how I quite sure that we can this working sooner or later.Yep posted to other tread, that I would like got my hand on with 1.9 so PM a link if you can.BTW next version of caffeine should be out by the end of this week. Nothing fancy, trying to figure out optimal memory setting to get more speed etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So to get next version done, I would like to get your opinion shoud I try to trim FW as small as possible or add some apps to it, mainly I'm thinking to add some tools so users can tweak setting by them self easily, like modify swap options and memory management. Is there any other app you would like to see pre-installed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
As you're asking... the less pre-installed, the better it is, I'd say.I'd like to see a speed optimised ROM, usable for surfing and mailing.Some essential system tools would be great, though.Everything else can (hopefully one day) be downloaded from market.Cheers!Denis

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bobby2010;25659]The desktop icon spacing seems to be wide.[/QUOTE]You might be right said:
I dowbloaded but its a rar document file. Its not a zip file. I wasn't able to install. How do I install onto the sdcard? since its not a zip file> Yes I am a noob.
Hmm, file is in 7zip format, so you need to use 7-zip to extract files, you can download 7-zip from here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.htmlI tend to use only this format :) sorry about that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.