Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
english language.wrong screen orrientation. reverse portait and landscape viewing.one button still for volume down.wifi doesnt turn on. both this and m1.m1 seemed better compared. except for languange in english.what tool can we use to modify a working .img file? so we could somehow mix and match the drivers from other working rom? is there such a way?

·
Registered
784 Posts
No wifi / no mouse sounds to me like the kernel is different. I think the .ko kernel modules from the 'blue pad' are needed, different modules won't load against anotehr kernel version if the magic is wrong.Fan_ confirmed that we could dump the complete rom with his tools, so we need someone to step up with the blue pad with original factory firmware, and dump it right ?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I theory, yes, as the kernel modules are the same across different roms, but in practice, Wifi seems not to work always. I'm not sure if all kernels are different. What is the version currently inside your pad ? (Settings - About This phone)It could be the kernels are different, or perhaps some lockout mechanism prevents wifi from working etc. (there is a similar thing for the VIA pads, some display 'demo version' if they detect another wifi adapter/mac adres).Edit: The demo message is from an app or widget, not from the mac or wifi or whatever, wrong assumption on my side.

·
Registered
42 Posts
[quote name='Asure;15976]I theory' date=' yes, as the kernel modules are the same across different roms, but in practice, Wifi seems not to work always. I'm not sure if all kernels are different. What is the version currently inside your pad ? (Settings - About This phone)It could be the kernels are different, or perhaps some lockout mechanism prevents wifi from working etc. (there is a similar thing for the VIA pads, some display 'demo version' if they detect another wifi adapter/mac adres).[/QUOTE']model num sdk demofw ver. 1.5kernel ver 2.6.25rockchip ver 1.7.4 (yuxing)build rk-1.3.2.eng.root.xaumodded.20100612.025602i used http://www.multiupload.com/7O3H307GL5 by xaueious by the way...host mode is working for USB mouse. however...it also detects an external usb flash disk but i cant seem to find it at explorer. do others notice this as well?my priority is wifi though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have an apad with the blue light and i flashed the ROM with this img file - everything is fine except wifi - as others reported. Any update on that wifi problem ?I have rooted and modified other Android phones and i would like to know more about moddifying ROM's. I would also like to contribute to the APad community. Where can i look to start and learn? ( i have lots of programming experience but not in this area)Thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
Blue led pads do not work properly with wifi. I guess you are a reseller like many others here, who claim the blue pads are just fine & dandy ?Your 38 posts are mostly done in the 'Don't buy the Blue Pad' thread, and when i asked 'which firmware' you were using, i had to 'look in the thread'.. right..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Asure, i know your feeling. But i am not lie, i active in "touchsccren desnot work" thread because i flash the blue apad with red apad ROM and get stuck in the calibration. I found lots of people have similar problem in slatedroid, and then i ask my supplier to give me the recovery rom. So i am here not because WIFI doesnot work, but touchscreen fail after use Red ROM.When i buy my stock i dont know that i will get Blue led. Then after i get my recovery rom, i can use the blue apad again, normally, if you dont trust me, i understand that too since i have buy Blue apad from 2 supplier, one is from Aliexpress. Their blue apad has lower touchscreen quality and lower Wifi Power compared to the one i buy from uta.cn.com.For the ROM i use, i have only try the original apad rom, which you can download from the Downloads menu, on Apad section. You will see original Blue led apad ROM, its works for me, but i see that its not work for every blue led. So i take a conclusion that even Blue apad, the factory do a different hardware too.For the ROM from Xaueious, i have try that too, it has big space for app, but on my blue apad it can cause a problem, sometimes, i dont know the reason, its hang on the Adnroid loading logo, and must be reflashed.For now, i dont have item at my hand, but i will get it on monday and i will take some photos, so you can check by your self. For now you can try to download this manual book i create using my blue apad. I take screenshot using DDMS (android SDK) its a basic manual which show how to do basic thing until opening the android Market. You can see that the Wifi is WORK there. The distance beetwen my ProLink cheap WIFI router and my PC desk is about 5meter, with a thick Wall beetwen my PC and the Router ( i make simple Hotspot for my home, so every one can use Internet)
Apad Indonesian Manual http://www.digger-soft.com/android/apad.pdfORIGINAL STOCK (free app 25mb, /flash 1GB)http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/downloads.php?do=file&id=51UPDATE ROM (free app 300Mb, format /flash after connect to PC - 700mb)http://www.multiupload.com/7O3H307GL5If your blue led wifi doesnot work fine even after reflash with original ROM from my supplier, then you should ask for replacement to your supplier. Maybe your WIFI doesnot work from the beginning and your supplier doesnot test it.Thank youRyan Widi Saputrabtw, i am sorry if i dont give you the link when you ask.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, the '0630' rom works, but the wifi was just a single dot (.) instead of what i see in the DDMS screenshot above. (one dot+one bar). I could not get more than a dot, even if it was on top of my 3 antenna N router. A real photo of a blue led pad not on top of the AP would be proof on the pudding offcourse :)Edit: I forget that screen rotation didn't work in the 0630 full rom & SD card slot was acting broken (displays folders as files, instead of folders.)

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
0630 wifi works for sure? I'm uploading one with just kernel.img swapped. It's pretty easy to do and I'm surprised no one has done this already. This might not work because the system.img is still based on 0703 Blue. I don't have a blue LED Apad to test with.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Of course i will do it, dont worry, in fact some of the blue apad has 2 bar. But 1 of the apad i buy from aliexpress cannot connect from my PC location, but i must come closer 1-2 meter to get a connection.But all i buy from my other supplier uta.cn.com, has bar 1 or more and have more responsive touch screen.Before i get the blue unit i also buying red unit, i still have photo too, from location 2 meter closer to my WIFI it has 1bar too. You can check it.RED LED APAD on my SOFA, 2 meter closer to WIFI Router, this red APAD i buy from Emily Wang (aliexpress):
My PC desk, where i make the documentation, test the APAD, upgrade firmware, etc, the Blue APAD Box says "iWEB".
I will get my 6 iWeb apad tomorrow morning, right now i still not in SEMARANG.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Still downloading, damn my internet connection IP is sharing with lots of people i guess, i have to wait more than 1 hours to start download and only get 16kbyte/s.For Asure, here the pic, still using Stock ROM, i havent update, waiting the download from depositfiles.comWIFI Router location
My Desk
I compare the wifi with my huawei phone 8230 (eclair).
The bluepad unit i have also have high responsive touchscreen, really easy to use.I am sorry, please dont mad at be because you get a not working unit.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.