Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
chip3c Li Xin of Chip3c uploaded a working version of the new Apad motherboard Red LED Apad ROM. If this works, we can repack this for you into the hybrid firmware. Do not flash if you have a blue LED. IT IS NOT THE SAMEThis only applies to the metallic Rockchip Apad with a 9v charger and a red LED charging light. Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!This at least helps those of you who have flashed the firmware wrongly.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Tried it on a V3 'hold buttons to flash' pad (blue) but it doesn't boot the kernel. (won't powerup, only flash..)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I have this one. Does it also come with the iRobot logo on the back ?Tried to flash it to Hybrid rom yesterday, thought it was a normal batch2, and it looks like it died.... Any hope on resurrection so I can try this firmware ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi there i got my iRobot today... has Red Charge LED and 5V AC Adapter...but metallic back with no Logos at all... (btw the display is vvvverrryy dark but still set to brigthest in settings?!)witch batch is this now? and how can i figure out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have to correct myself a bit... its not the metallic (aluminium) just shiny plastic with the "non" printend buttons texts...looks like this here...

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a red led, silver metallic back cover with 9v charger.i tried to update with Android 1.5 English ROM 5.30 update from hipad website but halfway through, it indicate wrong ID blocked. please unplug the device. but after i unplug the unit, it can't power up anymore and neither can it be connected to the system. can anyone advise what should i do?thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote name='jasline;36787]i have a red led' date=' silver metallic back cover with 9v charger.i tried to update with Android 1.5 English ROM 5.30 update from hipad website but halfway through, it indicate wrong ID blocked. please unplug the device. but after i unplug the unit, it can't power up anymore and neither can it be connected to the system. can anyone advise what should i do?thank you.[/QUOTE']I have the same issue, and more people with me. Check THIS POST.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think there is no solultion to it. I've tried all various ways to connect to the PC but failed. Since it can't connect, there is no way for me to refresh the update again

·
Registered
4 Posts
xaueious;30825]chip3c Li Xin of Chip3c uploaded a working version of the new Apad motherboard Red LED Apad ROM. If this works said:
Do not flash if you have a blue LED. IT IS NOT THE SAME[/B]This only applies to the metallic Rockchip Apad with a 9v charger and a red LED charging light. Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!This at least helps those of you who have flashed the firmware wrongly.
I have successfully flash with the above. So far so good. It's has fewer app like Youku, QQ, etc, has been taken out as compare to the original set. But the problem is the RKAnriodTool is in Chinese and my system display all in weird characters. The other unit which I have flashed with other version and dead still can't flash as the system don't detect it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you could repack the above and give instructions for update it would be appreciated. I have several of these but afraid to flash as nobody has confirmed exact button combination or exact image that is safe to flash. I'm missing my hybrid firmware on these. The stock firmware just doesn't cut it!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
[quote name='jasline;40710]I have successfully flash with the above. So far so good. It's has fewer app like Youku' date=' QQ, etc, has been taken out as compare to the original set. But the problem is the RKAnriodTool is in Chinese and my system display all in weird characters. [/QUOTE']Good to hear!Can you confirm how much free internal storage there is on this rom, and does the G sensor work with this firmware? Also, does wifi turn on without enabling usb host mode?I am currently running the factory shipped 0729 but it only stays in landscape mode. Free internal storage is 1.05GB with this firmware.. and wifi works without turning on usb host.. so I am just wondering if it's worth upgrading yet.(Red led, 9V - 1500mA, Kernal version: 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.2.7 (ruiguan), Build number: RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100729.130751)Thanks in advance!edit: G sensor works, just not when you're at the home screen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just upgraded my new metal red LED 9V aPad with the seperate top buttons. That finally arrived from mp4nation.Upgrade seemed to go through OK... Was a bit scary hitting that Chinese button to kick off the upgrade though :)This ROM seems to be a bit snappier compared to the one that came with the device. The touch screen certainly seems to be a bit more sensitive and works a bit better.Still a bit jittery for my liking though, but then its destined to spend its life as an ebook reader so it should be all good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks Endo. I'll be giving mine a try tonight as this update includes WCDMA 3G support for the first time (or so I've been told). Looks like the process is the same for v2 re: detection and menu button.

·
Registered
176 Posts
This rom didn't work on mine, got an error and now it obviously doesn't boot.
Also tried various roms with RKAndroidDM but it just stays on "Updating System Information."

·
Registered
69 Posts
You need to run rockdevmkupdate.bat to create the Imageupdate.img file. Then you just update using the standard hiapad rkandroid DM v1.2 installer. I can confirm this works fine. Can you still detect the device when the device is connected via USB cable to computer? If you can you haven't bricked it but if you can't you've likely bricked your device
Now that said after updating I've no luck with WCDMA...but I also can't save an APN. Will try to manually insert it into an update.img and reflash to see if that works.

·
Registered
176 Posts
[quote name='crowdeyc;44937]You need to run rockdevmkupdate.bat to create the Imageupdate.img file. Then you just update using the standard hiapad rkandroid DM v1.2 installer. I can confirm this works fine. Can you still detect the device when the device is connected via USB cable to computer? If you can you haven't bricked it but if you can't you've likely bricked your device [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/IMG] Now that said after updating I've no luck with WCDMA...but I also can't save an APN. Will try to manually insert it into an update.img and reflash to see if that works.[/QUOTE]I also tried that but no luck as of yet.Yeah it still detects the device so the bootloader seems okay.Here's whats inside my log for both flashing apps..[CODE]RKAndroid Tool [URL=log00:25:20]log00:25:20[/URL] 359 [URL=INFO:Test]INFO:Test[/URL] device [URL=start00:25:20]start00:25:20[/URL] 359 [URL=INFO:Writing]INFO:Writing[/URL] ID_Block [URL=start00:25:20]start00:25:20[/URL] 359 Flash chip [URL=info:00:25:20]info:00:25:20[/URL] 359 NO SIZE(MB) [URL=Manufacturer00:25:20]Manufacturer00:25:20[/URL] 359 ----------------------------------------------00:25:20 359 0 2048MB [URL=SAMSUNG00:25:20]SAMSUNG00:25:20[/URL] 359 ----------------------------------------------00:25:20 359 [URL=INFO:Start]INFO:Start[/URL] to build flash state [URL=map00:25:26]map00:25:26[/URL] 421 INFO: Start to find all ID [URL=BLOCK00:27:07]BLOCK00:27:07[/URL] 703 INFO: Start to update ID [URL=BLOCK00:27:07]BLOCK00:27:07[/URL] 718 ERROR:UpdateIDBData-->ReadMultiSector failed' date='ErrCode(-1)00:27:07 718 [URL=ERROR:UpdateIDBData]ERROR:UpdateIDBData[/URL] [URL=failed00:27:07]failed00:27:07[/URL] 718 [URL=ERROR:Writing]ERROR:Writing[/URL] ID_BLOCK failed,ErrCode(-23)[/code']
Code:
RKAndroidDM log[2010-08-25 22:29:39]  ERROR: ?豸(?USB#VID_071B&PID_3228#5&3B1F7053&0&5#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed})????ʧ??,??????(00000003)!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts