Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS ONLY WORKS WITH THE 2.0 VERSION OF THE aPAD (THE ONE WITH A WEBCAM). DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM ON A VERSION 1.0 aPAD (WITHOUT WEBCAM).This is my third apad firmware. It's base on last hybrid firmware v0.1.Some important issues are solved.http://rapidshare.com/files/396302842/Hellomerong-Apad-v0.3.zipMain features - Based on 0530 official firmware, use lastest archos firmware as much as possible. - Rooted, adb and debug on - All Google stuffs of apad are working. (market, calendar, talks, maps...) - Camera works. - Some applications that didn't work on original firmware work well. (ACV, robo defense...) - fixed : If application set as fullscreen mode, It works well. Status bar is not forced. (If you want to use status bar always. Do not use this firmware) - fixed : Auto orientation works properly
, But G-sensor is still malfunction. It seems to be fixed in driver or abstraction layer. Included application - Google stuffs of apad - Advanced Task Killer Free - Superuser - Acomic viewer - AppLib (archos market app) - Deezer - eBuddy - ColorNote - ES File Explorer - iReader - Aldiko reader - MarketEnabler - SlideMe - Youtube - Korean keyboard. Remained problems - display on/off button works as display off only, you should use menu or home button as display on button. - After sleeping a long time, the display will not switch on just by pressing the menu button. Press the main button followed by the menu button to wake up - You should recalibrate touchscreen after every reboot. (exit from sleep mode is ok)After updating firmware, USB cable should be removed to calibrate touchpad.To set date & time, you should run "market" and set date & time at initial setting of marketThen you can change "date & time" on main setting menu (thanks to donaldson)========== v0.2 history =====http://rapidshare.com/files/394300765/Hellomerong-Apad-v0.2.zipUse APAD's lastest official firmware 0530Rooted Add some application - Acomic viewer - Aldiko reader - iReader - MaketEnabler - Advanced task killer : change installed task manager to this - SlideME(SAM 3.42) - Youtube

·
Registered
324 Posts
Awesome. Grats on creating the first custom ROM with Root. I might try this out tonight and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
But I think it will be useful for global user even if it has korean keyboard.The keyboard application is small and not default.
sorry, didn't understand this probably correct - does this mean you have eliminated the other languages and keyboard inputs and only left korean?i would need german input / language. i installed yesterday ubunto on vmware - it think i'll give a try for a "custom rom" ;D (i've read some informations here - but sadly no real guide)a category for "custom roms" and a "how to" for newbies (like me) would be great i think.

·
Registered
87 Posts
[quote author=hellomerong link=topic=495.msg4197#msg4197 date=1275460418]I'm working on making custom firmware for korean apad user.But I think it will be useful for global user even if it has korean keyboard.The keyboard application is small and not default.I'm not expert of android, APAD is my first android device.It's just result of my android study.You can update this firmware like Willo's method. The application for installl is included.http://rapidshare.com/files/394300765/Hellomerong-Apad-v0.2.zipI changed this things.? Use APAD's lastest official firmware 0530? Rooted ? Add some application - Acomic viewer - Aldiko reader - iReader - MaketEnabler - Advanced task killer : change installed task manager to this - SlideME(SAM 3.42) - YoutubeAfter updating, you should calibrate touch panel and change language[/quote]what is Willo's method ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=rodnheli link=topic=495.msg4229#msg4229 date=1275470498]
But I think it will be useful for global user even if it has korean keyboard.The keyboard application is small and not default.
sorry, didn't understand this probably correct - does this mean you have eliminated the other languages and keyboard inputs and only left korean?i would need german input / language. i installed yesterday ubunto on vmware - it think i'll give a try for a "custom rom" ;D (i've read some informations here - but sadly no real guide)a category for "custom roms" and a "how to" for newbies (like me) would be great i think.[/quote]I just add korean keyboard application only.You can use default android keyboard and choose german lanquage. I'll make some instruction of how to make custom roms a few days later

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
this firmware has been posted in the download section nice job can't wait for version 3

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great work
. I wanted to be the first to get a ROM out but I've had a horrible case of food poisoning and been in hospital most of this week. Can't wait to get my teeth into this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=Alien Scott link=topic=495.msg4870#msg4870 date=1275631419]Can't driver to work in Windows 7. any?.[/quote]If you are using windows 7 x64, driver is not able to work.I'm using windows 7 x86, it works well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How to access the ROOTED system file??I would like to replace the font file with another one but no hope, even using Root Explorer and with Superuser Whitelist set.Please teach me. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=uniqlo link=topic=495.msg5382#msg5382 date=1275760006]How to access the ROOTED system file??I would like to replace the font file with another one but no hope, even using Root Explorer and with Superuser Whitelist set.Please teach me. Thanks![/quote]If you want to change some files in rootfs or system partition, you should repack boot.img or system.img.Because cramfs is readonly filesystem. you can't modify the files even if you have root permission.

·
Registered
23 Posts
:'(Please help meI upgrade the new w v3 successfully, but i after i leave it for a while,about 10 mins then i can't turn it on any moreI try press and hold MENU button, HOME button. They are both doesn't workPlease adviseThanks so much

·
Registered
23 Posts
[quote author=damien1975 link=topic=495.msg6134#msg6134 date=1275998379]hi i put the new v0.3 firmware on but it will not let me set the time and date and time zone can any one help thank you[/quote]Thanks god i just turn it onYeahhh I have the same problem as you, it doesn't allow me set the date/timeOther problem i saw are: the screen doesn't rotate vertical on HOME screen or MENU screen, Video player or Music player doesn't rotate vertical, only with horizontalI hope hellomerong could fix it soon I have a question about the tethering, i have an iphone with Mywi apps,i can tether it to my laptop by creating wifi spot and connect my laptop via WIFIbut i can't tether the apad connect to wifi spot i created on iphoneAny one have problem as me, please advisedThanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote author=meanhh link=topic=495.msg6124#msg6124 date=1275997220] :'(Please help meI upgrade the new w v3 successfully, but i after i leave it for a while,about 10 mins then i can't turn it on any moreI try press and hold MENU button, HOME button. They are both doesn't workPlease adviseThanks so much[/quote]You can turn it on by press Display on/off button and Menu Button sequentially. Press each button quite long(about o.5 to 1sec) .

1 - 20 of 51 Posts