Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is it possible for you to Semi-Upgrade the apad to version 1.6? Or even tricking all the software that it is running 1.6.Kindle Software is a really great free book reader. The only problem, kindle only support version 1.6 and up.The apad would be THAT much better with the Kindle App.

·
Registered
64 Posts
for some reason, with the new 1.3 I can't get sleep working with the sleep button. (never had that problem with 1.2.2. And actually I kinda miss the: button --> menu to wake up the aPad because it would go straight to my running app instead of the "menu locked" page.)with Spare Parts I made sure the button is make it sleep, but all it does is dim a bit, go to landscape mode of the launcher and then go back bright.I have to hold down the button to get the shutdown/suspend menu up in order to make it sleep now. Anyone else have this problem?(oh and I did reformat the flash part so the camera does work now, thanks)would love to have the Kindle app too by the way.

·
Registered
954 Posts
[quote name='themsn;14456]for some reason' date=' with the new 1.3 I can't get sleep working with the sleep button. (never had that problem with 1.2.2. And actually I kinda miss the: button --> menu to wake up the aPad because it would go straight to my running app instead of the "menu locked" page.)with Spare Parts I made sure the button is make it sleep, but all it does is dim a bit, go to landscape mode of the launcher and then go back bright.I have to hold down the button to get the shutdown/suspend menu up in order to make it sleep now. Anyone else have this problem?(oh and I did reformat the flash part so the camera does work now, thanks)would love to have the Kindle app too by the way.[/QUOTE'] Did you just finish watching a video with VideoPlayer? VideoPlayer likes to set your screen time out to 'never' after you are done with it. That's kind of a work around. For the lock, try Keyguard Disabler? As for kindle, I tried lowering the Kindle app min SDK and it just dies on the Apad. Try using Calibre to convert your ebooks to EPUD to be read with Aldiko of Wordplayer. http://calibre-ebook.com/I'm sorry I can't really make the ROM much better now with a smashed Apad. I'm waiting for a touchscreen

·
Registered
14 Posts
xaueious, is there way I can reformat my internal flash to fat 32? I chose fat the first time and now its showing 0 mb available internal memory

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
1) boot your apad up2) plug your apad into your computer. make sure it is plugged into the port closer to the charging jack3) when you plug it in, it will ask you to mount it. Choose mount. 4) you now will see two new drives in my computer (if you have the sd in as well), one of which should be your flash drive. 5) right click on the flash drive, and choose format.

·
Registered
64 Posts
thanks for the help xaueious.I do use calibre to convert files to epub, but on Aldiko the loading of the book converted by Calibre takes a while and the formatting is all off so that page turn doesn't flow well. I know it's a dumb aesthetic preference, but it's just annoying when I read. That's why I would like the kindle app.Anyway, I had to go back to your 1.2.2 firmware. the 1.3 was having issues of not waking up in addition to the not going to sleep problem I wrote about before. (I don't watch videos by the way, so that's why I didn't have the screen time on problem and that is why I was really bummed about the no 2.1 update, because I was looking forward to a lot more program compatibility with the programs I use/want ie. Kindle, Olive Tree Bible Reader, etc)and I really love the explorer program on your firmware rather than the original one. It's so much faster for the files to show up!Thanks for all your work and hope that your touchscreen gets fixed soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello. I am from Russia. I bought my apad via the Internet in Chinese. firmware installed. screen works. wifi works.Q: I have a web browser can not move on yandex.ru, everything else opens. on the standard firmware everything worked. why?

·
Registered
198 Posts
djonidep;16266]Hello. I am from Russia. I bought my apad via the Internet in Chinese. firmware installed. screen works. wifi works.Q: I have a web browser can not move on [B]yandex.ru[/B] said:
standard firmware[/B] everything worked. why?
Probably because of the added entries in the host file to block ad-sites. Not sure how to edit (or delete) this hosts file.

·
Registered
64 Posts
so after a week of use, I am having the same problem with your 1.3 rom and roger's 5.1:pressing the round button doesn't put my apad to sleep all the time, the screen flickers and just hangs (and yes, thank you for your earlier suggestion of the "never time out" for the screen option or the video player option, neither worked). So i've worked around it by holding onto the button and selecting suspend. then later when I need it, I can press the round button and use it.This method works for about 2 days. then i realized after a prolonged period of not using the apad (after I put it on suspend), the unit won't wake up at all. (I even tried the old method of pressing the round button --> menu but still no avail.) so then I have to hold onto the round button to reboot the apad.this issue seems to only come up after about 2 days with this rom (1.3 or roger's 5.1). I know your unit has a bad touch screen and that you can't work on it right now. but I thought I'd let you know in case this same rom is used on the upcoming android 1.6 that roger and you and others are working on.I'm so looking forward to android 1.6 and would actually be willing to give up the video processing if having 2.1 would make android faster and more stable overall.I'm pretty upset with hiapad too, about 2.1 not being available because I only bought this with the promise that 2.1 would be available in July. Oh well, thanks to you and roger and others, I still have some hope.thanks again for all your work!

·
Registered
97 Posts
djonidep;16266]Hello. I am from Russia. I bought my apad via the Internet in Chinese. firmware installed. screen works. wifi works.Q: I have a web browser can not move on [B]yandex.ru[/B] said:
standard firmware[/B] everything worked. why?
Have you tried it in Opera or Skyfire browsers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes. I tried through these browsers. but the site is still not available.only available version for mobile devices. in the standard firmware was available full version.why in the video player is not regulated by the brightness of the screen? brightness control button is. and the brightness is not regulated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
After letting 1.3 sit for a bit the device refuses to unlock. I have tested it on two apad and both do this. I am not seeing this issue with hybrid 5.1

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally, the device has been received a wonderful update with support for Arabic language programs are some of the letters upside down or separated, I hope that is resolved in the next update and any request I am present

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is it possible to have a modded ROM, but ONLY in the free storage part ? (Official + 300MB free tweak, that's it, nothing else). Because, some custom ROM still have a problem in the stability, compared to the original ROM.Thank you,

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
It is possible to have a ROM with only the data partition increased. Unpack a 300MB data ROM and copy over parameter (HWDEF too if you are repacking into update.img), and flash the ROM.I updated to 1.3.1 on my site. Minor changes. I wont be saying much more here. I'll update the other versions when I have some time, but it isn't a big update from 1.3

41 - 60 of 84 Posts