Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can take no credit for this ROM, all credit should go to the original ROM maker. The original post can be found here;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2009040

The ROM is for the G-TAB but I've been running it on my Hannspad for a couple of weeks now without any issues. I did start using the ROM's kernal but I missed the hardward buttons and the accelerometer so I flashed Graveen kernel. The SuperCharger seems to make a difference and I've not noticed a slowdown as with other JB Roms.

The rest is a cut n paste from the original OP. Enjoy.

This is AOSP Jellybean 4.1.2 built from source.

This ROM is pure AOSP not CM based. The ROM was built with the user tag so the framework and most of the system apks are ODEXed. The purpose of this ROM is give as close of a OEM feel as possible.

Advantages of an ODEXED
The odexing bring some advantages, less ram usage, faster boot times and reduced Space occupied in /data/dalvik-cache , so MORE spare for Apps and Data

Thanks to Team DRH(credit goes to these guys, without their hard work this ROM would not be possible) Preludedrew, Gojimi, Kornyone, The Cyanogenmod team, eugene373, nobe1976 and all the devs out there.

*YOU MUST DO A COMPLETE WIPE BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. If you get stuck on the "android" screen, in Clockwork, go to mounts and storage>format system and format data. Then wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Then reflash the Rom. YOU CAN NOT FLASH THIS OVER ANY OTHER ROM.

SAME AS TEAM DRH ROM..DO NOT LET YOUR TABLET SLEEP WITH THE USB PLUGGED IN TO YOUR COMPUTER.

This ROM is V6 SuperCharged!!! The services.odex has already been modified and the all the needed files are included. Credit to Zeppelinrox. Go to his thread for more info: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

G_Harmony_Jellybean_v2.3.2(SuperChargered)

G_Harmony_Jellybean_v2.3.2(Overclocked 1.6GHz)(SuperChargered)

Based off Fosser 2.6.39 kernel
1. boots at 1ghz but able to overclock to 1.6 max
2. GPU at 444mhz (2d/3d/epp) and voltage increased to accomodate the speed
3. VDE at 300mhz and voltage slightly increased

*SAME RULES APPLY, NVFLASH WITH TEAM DRH 350PREP: http://teamdrh.com/DRH-Downloads/TeamDRH_350M_Prep.zip

To start the V6 SuperCharger:
1. Download and install a Terminal app
2. Type: su
3. Type: cd system/xbin
4. Type: sh V6SuperCharger.sh
5. Follow the prompts

UPDATED(12/28)
*Improved WiFi
*Fixed problem with Google Now and Google sync

UPDATED(12/25)
*Added Jellybean 4.2 Launcher(Compiled from source)
*Added Jellybean 4.2 Calendar(Compiled from source)
*Added Jellybean 4.2 Gallery(Compiled from source)
*Added Notepad app

UPDATED(12/7)
*Removed the 4.2 keyboard

UPDATED(12/6)
*Made changes to the source to fix HD Playback
*Added Jellybean 4.2 Keyboard with Swype
*There are two versions of this ROM now. One has the stock kernel and other has a customized kernel that can be overclocked to 1.6Ghz. If your tab doesn't boot with the overclocked kernel then flash the stock version.

Quote:

*AOSP 4.1.2 Jellybean built from source
*Stock Jellybean 4.2 Launcher
*GAPPS are included
*build.prop tweaks for better performance
*LCD density is set at 160
*Jellybean 4.2 Clock
*Updated Google Play store
*All apks are ZipAligned at boot
*Home,Menu, and Back soft keys are slightly theme to match the Asus TF Prime
*Jellybean 4.2 Launcher(Compiled from source)
*Jellybean 4.2 Calendar(Compiled from source)
*Jellybean 4.2 Gallery(Compiled from source)
*Notepad app
*Tablet mode at any DPI
*V6 Supercharger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I don't know why, but my Hannspad doesn't want to boot completely and hangs at the bootanimation (the X). I flashed the 350MB partition from team drh, I formatted system, data and cache and then I did a clean install, but it always hangs at the bootanimation...

Any hints?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I don't know why, but my Hannspad doesn't want to boot completely and hangs at the bootanimation (the X). I flashed the 350MB partition from team drh, I formatted system, data and cache and then I did a clean install, but it always hangs at the bootanimation...

Any hints?
It does take quite a long time on the first boot. How long does it hang? Have you flashed one of the hannspad kernals before rebooting?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been using this for about a week, now, and it's quite good, very smooth. I am having one problem, though: after the Hannspad has been sleeping for a few minutes, when I wake it up, everything runs a bit slowly. Video is choppy, PDF and webpage rendering is slowed down.

Anyone else having issues with slowdown after the tablet wakes up?

Using it with Graveen kernel 1.2b, by the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh, also, I tried the overclocked version. If you turn the CPU up to 1.6GHz, the tablet just crashes and force restarts. The maximum you can raise it to without crashing is 1.5GHz. Graveen lets you put it up to 1.4, anyway, so the overclocked version of this ROM isn't really that useful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been using this for about a week, now, and it's quite good, very smooth. I am having one problem, though: after the Hannspad has been sleeping for a few minutes, when I wake it up, everything runs a bit slowly. Video is choppy, PDF and webpage rendering is slowed down.

Anyone else having issues with slowdown after the tablet wakes up?

Using it with Graveen kernel 1.2b, by the way.
I'm not having that issue. I decided to use the kernal it came with and haven't flashed thhe hannspad specific one. I cope without the hadware buttons by using Button Savior

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got the girly a Nexus 10 so back to flashing!!!!

Coming from Fards ICS and so far so good.....
No extra kernel here and the only wonky thing is rotation doesn't work.

No signs of post sleep issues either (yet).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got the girly a Nexus 10 so back to flashing!!!!

Coming from Fards ICS and so far so good.....
No extra kernel here and the only wonky thing is rotation doesn't work.

No signs of post sleep issues either (yet).
Strange rotation works for me and I've kept default kernel!

I've also been trying the updated SmoothBean and so far so good. Much better than the previous version. I've also found that this new SmoothBean Roms is more stable when playing some of the latest games.

It can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1900562

·
Registered
11 Posts
Many thanks developerbuzz for the heads up on the JB roms. Have been using andywheels Slightly Blue rom for a while but missed JB.

Tried the first one but had to reflash because V6superchager messed up and froze the tab, but second time around worked great. Did have some graphical glitches with some games but other than that great.

Was going to keep it but then tried Smootherbean (which I had tried before but too glitchy at the time to use) well wow it's come along really well. Installed fine everything is really smooth and quick. I installed Graveens Kernel 1.2b which sorted out the rotation and also the icon size so don't have to mess about with dpi.
So far so good looks like this will be a keeper.

Cheers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tend to change the dpi using a build.prop editor. I prefer 120 to 160. I think it just looks better and seems to be compatible with more apps.

I also use Nova launcher, it allows you to change the number of rows/columns as well as the margins. The dpi settings and Nova launcher in combination, seem to solve the icon sizes.

My personal favourite at the moment is SmoothBean. The 1.5 version is miles better than the original one. Very smooth!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed this ROM yesterday.
Looks very nice and smooth. Although is have some points regarding this ROM.

the screen rotation does not work. the option is on I have checked this in the settings.
Also the hardware buttons on the right side does not work i need to use the onscreen button.
The volume buttons are reversed so when i press the + button the volume goes down.

Do you guys have this also or is it just me

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

the screen rotation does not work. the option is on I have checked this in the settings.
Also the hardware buttons on the right side does not work i need to use the onscreen button.
The volume buttons are reversed so when i press the + button the volume goes down.

Yes they do apply. You can flash one of the hannspad kernels though to resolve these issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts

You'll need a kernel for the Hannspad as this rom was originally made for the G-Tab. Have a look here http://www.slatedroi...post__p__411940

I personally use Graveen 1.2b

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks guys, gonna give this one a try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You'll need a kernel for the Hannspad as this rom was originally made for the G-Tab. Have a look here http://www.slatedroi...post__p__411940

I personally use Graveen 1.2b

Hope this helps.
Thanks I have reinstalled the ROM with the Graveen 1.2b kernel. Now the buttons are working including the volume.
Also the hardware buttons are working.

Now I will have a play with this rom further.
Thanks again for the help

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.