Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi chaps,

This rom is built from AOSP 4.1.1 r6, the kernel used is fossers unmodified kernel. The recovery included is TeamDRH's CWM touch.

This is my first attempt at building for droid. There are some errors apparent to me that I haven't worked out how to fix yet, such as mounting points for external mmc. I have chosen to distribute the rom as an nvflash package that will setup the tablet properly, install a kernel, recovery and android because there is less margin for error. This is very destructive, for all intents and purposes your tablet should be wiped. But it should also boot

I am releasing this into the public and will endeavor to find out what is wrong when bugs are reported, I am, rather busy, and don't spend all my time in android world, so responses may be delayed, please bear that in mind.

This ROM to me, appears perfectly usable, even quite quick. It doesn't come with gapps, to install gapps I recommend you use goo manager because there is a plethora of gapps packages available now and goo does a good job at picking the right one. In future revisions of the ROM it's possible that it will include just the play store and a minimal gapps setup, but right now I don't find it to be necessary. As always, backing up your tablet, all of it, is recommended before you install this alpha ROM.

The installation procedure:

1. Unpack installation package
  2. Bring up a console and change directory to the ./install directory in the installation package
  3. Turn tablet off
  4. Connect tablet to USB
  5. Bring tablet up in nvflash mode (vol down+power)
  6. Execute install.sh or install.bat depending on your operating system
  7. Wait for the operations to finish in console
Some have reported it to be necessary to perform a factory reset/wipe before installation.

The installation package: http://pthreads.org/roms/hannspree-asop-4.1.1-alpha.tar.bz2

Be aware that some tablets have the buttons reversed already and others don't, if vol- + power brings up recovery now, then vol+ + power will bring up nvflash mode.
Be aware that I have not tested on windows, but the install.bat seems sane to me, drivers for nvflash protocol are included in the package.

Please report anything you find to this thread.

NJoy

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank you Krakjoe. Which kernel did you embed in your rom ?

Which partition layout are you using ?

I'll test it on my side, but i think it worths to be know

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try a factory reset, wipe data/cache, (then install) for good measure ...

I think the data partition is not overwritten, that could present a problem, and if the data partition is not overwritten then nor is the cache in all likelyhood ... I won't update the rom yet as I've a couple of niggling problems solved and a couple still to solve ...

Could do with a bit more info, if you have an android logo you should be able to get a logcat for me ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I build again I will upload the OTA package and you can take your pick ... still, I'd prefer you to use the nvflash package, at least until the ROM is stable enough to call good.

The problem with storage crashing I am aware of and will get too, it's just a case of mounting points being wrong basically.

I've also observed some problems with sleeping, which I think I have fixed in keylayout, any one else notice strangeness when trying to put to sleep with power button ?

Once the mounting points problem is solved I'll repackage and we can test again ... days I can spend tinkering are few and far between so it probably won't be until the weekend now that I get to spend any time on it ... if anyone has a bit of time, flash a working 4.1.1 rom (or similar) from elsewhere and post up the vold.fstab and harmony.fstab files for me, init.rc can't hurt either, obviously theres a billion of these on my computer, but I've edited them all, and I'm really not going to have time to search for a working rom between now and the weekend ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Thanks a lot for all the effort you have put into this new ROM. Please is there anyway to get the original mounting points sorted for the partitions as it seems I have only less than 400MB for the user DATA and have no access to ~14GB internal storage. This is remaining the same even after nvflashing with other recovery packages available for this Hannspad.

Many thanks in advance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.