Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a small donation you can click on button.
If every happy user of this rom would just donate a couple per month I could invest more time in all these Android projects, it'd cost you just like one coffee per month.

Instructions

* Unrar the "common" rar file and put "zt-update" folder to the root of a microsd.
* Put rom (aokp_c97_unofficial-$DATE.zip) and gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed-ubifs.zip) files inside internal or external sdcard.
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed VOL+ and POWER. Press VOL+ to confirm and you'll boot to CWM recovery.
* If this is your first install flash this file that will format /system, /data and /cache partitions and from "Wipe" menu erase "Android secure".
* Flash rom (aokp_c97_unofficial-$DATE.zip), gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed-ubifs.zip) and, if you're using a different device, the required compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot system now".
* Enjoy AOKP!

Changelog & download links

2013-05-18

* Updated upstream sources

Common 2013-03-03
ROM (md5sum)
Gapps 2013-03-01

Compatibility files for C93 H6 1F

Common 2013-03-03
Compatibility v1.1

Compatibility files for C93 H6 2F

TWRP recovery (create a folder named "zt-update" in your MicroSD and unzip there the recovery.img file; the bootloader will do the rest when you use the buttons trigger combination)
Compatibility v1.1

Note that if you're running the latest C93 stock firmware "ZT283_H6_2f_1GB_Android4.1_0202_V1.6" you will have to use this TWRP and this comp zip.
If you accidentaly used the previous files you'll see that partition's got fucked up and you'll have to flash the stock firmware to fix them

Issues

* Bluetooth stack has changed: USB bluetooth is not working right now; only devices with UART (internal) bluetooth works.
* If your device has only a front camera you won't have a camera launcher icon, but you can install this app
* Netflix and Crackle don't work.

FAQs

* If you don't like Nexus 7 fingerprint and wanna use SGS-II instead flash this zip. Remember that changing fingerprint may screw Play Store, if it happens you'll have to perform a "wipe data / factory reset".
* WiFi now can stay enabled with display turned off. Note that if WiFi is enabled the tablet won't enter deep sleep so if you're more interestead in battery life instead of an always on WiFi change policy (on "Advanced" WiFi settings) from "Always" to "Never".
* Internal memory is mounted at /storage/sdcard0, external sdcard is mounted at /storage/sdcard1. If you wanna swap them (and make primary your real microsd) just flash this file after flashing rom's zip (you have to do it everytime you flash a new version of the rom)
* If you wanna format your internal memory (it's corrupted, filled of crap, etc.) just flash this file from recovery. If it fails try to unmount internal storage from "Mount" section.
* It's better if you don't change governor because the included "ondemand" has been customized to support "boostpulse" feature of jelly bean power hal. You can control min/max cpu frequency with display on/off editing these entries in /system/build.prop file (they're listed with their default value): "ro.sys.min_cpu_on=408000", "ro.sys.max_cpu_on=1200000", "ro.sys.min_cpu_off=96000", "ro.sys.max_cpu_off=1008000".

Screenshots

Old changelog

2013-05-06

ROM (md5sum)

2013-04-12

Common 2013-03-03
ROM (md5sum)

2013-03-31

* Updated memsicd to support Z axis
* Updated video playback libraries
* Other minor stuff

ROM (md5sum)

2013-03-03

*** If you're having problems with some videos flash this zip (I'm doing some tests with newer video libraries, but seems no too stable right now) ***

* Updated "common" folders and compatibility zips
* New audio HAL based on tinyalsa that works like a charm on 4.2 with every app
* Updated some stuff RIL related (some more dongle could work natively, for all the other there's ppp widget)

ROM (md5sum)

2013-02-24

*** If you're having problems with some videos flash this zip (I'm doing some tests with newer video libraries, but seems no too stable right now) ***

* "Reverted libraries" zip has been updated, be sure to fetch it again if you were having troubles playint streamed contents
* Some changes under the hood

ROM (md5sum)

2013-02-09

* Fixed HDMI audio with devices running new kernels
* Fixed front camera portrait upside down orientation
* Fixed Netflix (and possibly other streaming apps) issues
* Added stock video player (but it doesn't work when connected to an HDMI monitor)

ROM (md5sum)

2013-01-31

* First public build

ROM (md5sum)

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Compatibility zip link for C93 doesn't seem to be working....

Edit: Nevermind, seem to be working now...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very nice ROM. It's real smooth. Everything seems to work that I've used. The only thing is I took some pictures and they are liked blacked out in the gallery. Videos are ok though. Thank you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great Rom Christian, thanks so much. Don't suppose there is any update on the Netflix & Crackle issue. I use neither to be honest but do use the FilmOn TV app for live streaming of TV channels & this is not working so assume the issue is linked?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Netflix issue has recently been fixed and will be included in the next build.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use neither to be honest but do use the FilmOn TV app for live streaming of TV channels & this is not working so assume the issue is linked?
I have the same problem with the online tv apps, only sound and black screen(I use for live streaming mx player). Maybe it's a compatibility problem with jb 4.2( for me, this problem exist on Paranoid rom, Aokp 4.2 rom and Cm 10.1).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same problem with the online tv apps, only sound and black screen(I use for live streaming mx player). Maybe it's a compatibility problem with jb 4.2( for me, this problem exist on Paranoid rom, Aokp 4.2 rom and Cm 10.1).
Yes, exactly what I had, sound with a black screen.

Great if this has now been fixed

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2013-02-09

* Added stock video player (but it doesn't work when connected to an HDMI monitor)

ROM (md5sum)

·
Registered
38 Posts
2013-02-09

ROM (md5sum)
Hi Christian,

Thank you for your amazing work.
I tried to install this very ROM you just posted on my Gemei G9.
Unfortunately my device got stucked at the Android splash screen.
This is what I did.
Installed ROM via CWM using the procedure you posted on a previous post:

* Upload zips to MicroSD or internal memory.
* Boot into CWM keeping pressed VOL- (MENU) and POWER for 3 secs, than release POWER and after another sec release VOL- (or use Novo7 tools if it doesn't work for your device)
* Select "wipe data/factory reset"
* Select "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" (or "choose zip from internal sdcard" if your files are into internal memory) and flash, in this order, rom / gapps / compatibility zip
* Now go back, and select "Reboot system now"
* Enjoy AOKP
End Quote

The zip I used are the ROM you posted here, the gapps-jb-20121212-signed and the compatibility zip g9_legacy-compatibility-jb_v4

Can you please tell me if I did something wrong or if there is no chance to get JB on the Gemei G9?

For the time being I reverted back to your AOKP 4.0.4 with 907c_compatibility_1.2.0 and gapps-ics-20120429-signed (great stuff, by the way).

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2013-02-18

* Added a SCREEN_DIM wakelock when HDMI is plugged
* You can disable alsa standby by editing "snd.card.alsa.standby=1" to "snd.card.alsa.standby=0". This will fix latest Skype (and possibly other chat apps) issues, but may lead to some "pops" when the device enter/exit suspend.
* Many other changes under the hood

ROM (md5sum)

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wifi is not working. it is stack on turning on. I have C93
With the offical rom 1.8 it is working and also with paranoid rom, but with this rom and with CM10.1 it doesn't.
Anyone know this issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

I'm newbie in android and in English^^
I have flash my c93 with this Rom. But when i want to install apps.zip and Compatibility.zip i have a error message :

Install /sdcard ...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
Installation aborted.

My tablet is blocked on the aokp animated logo and i can't back reflash with original zenithink rom because when i pressed back+power button i have CWM and I think the tablet is no longer able to read the sdcard\zt-update.

I tried to flash with the original zenithink rom and the Omarhum's autoscript file but i have only the CWM menu.

Have you a solution ???

And sorry for my english.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My wifi is not working. it is stack on turning on. I have C93
With the offical rom 1.8 it is working and also with paranoid rom, but with this rom and with CM10.1 it doesn't.
Anyone know this issue?
I guess you have the newer C93, is it possible? I need Frank's help to identify it since he has some of them there (and I already gave him the files but we're testing it since it's not 100% user friendly the actual procedure)

@Desperados
are you sure it's using TWRP?

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Hello,

I'm newbie in android and in English^^
I have flash my c93 with this Rom. But when i want to install apps.zip and Compatibility.zip i have a error message :

Install /sdcard ...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
Installation aborted.

My tablet is blocked on the aokp animated logo and i can't back reflash with original zenithink rom because when i pressed back+power button i have CWM and I think the tablet is no longer able to read the sdcard\zt-update.

I tried to flash with the original zenithink rom and the Omarhum's autoscript file but i have only the CWM menu.

Have you a solution ???

And sorry for my english.
What is the serial number of your tablet? And are you confusing CWM for 3e recovery? (Of which CWM was based off of)

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
* New installs will have problems turning on WiFi. Flash this file and do a factory reset to fix it.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.