Android Tablets Forum banner

[rom] AOKP (4.1.2) for Allwinner A31 devices - Now with HDMI and USB Bluetooth support!

48K views 107 replies 38 participants last post by  adibadro 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a small donation you can click on button.
If every happy user of this rom would just donate something I could invest more time in all these Android projects.

What doesn't work

Probably many other things won't work (btw, if they'd release the code things will be MUCH better) but these are the things i noticed:

* Keyboards: the feedback on the key press is sluggish (anyway it seems that SwiftKey is working decently). Allwinner's Android framework code would fix this problem.
* Accelerated video playback is supported by MX Player in HW+ mode or using a local UPNP server like BubbleUPNP and setting MX Player in HW (not HW+) mode. This last method plays pretty much every kind of video but Hi10p ones.
* Camcorder doesn't work but I might consider this as a feature since I really don't wanna that you guys look like iPad users that go around the world filming stuff with something pan-sized

Features

* Bluetooth USB dongle support
* USB GPS support (cp210x and pl2303)
* Xbox 360 gamepad support (xpad)
* PS3 USB gamepad support (hid-sony)
* Generic / chinese (Pantherlord / GreenAsia) gamepads support (hid-pl and hid-gaff)
* OpenVPN support (tun)
* Veno congestion control algorithm

Instructions

* You need TWRP to be able to flash this rom. Read the linked thread for instructions.
* Put rom (aokp_spark_unofficial_$DATE.zip) and gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed.zip) files inside internal or external sdcard.
* Turn on the tablet in recovery mode as explained in TWRP thread.
* If this is your first install select "Factory reset" from "Wipe" menu.
* Flash rom (aokp_spark_unofficial_$DATE.zip), gapps (gapps-jb-$DATE-signed.zip) and, if you're installing this rom on a device that is not the Spark, the required compatibility zip.
* Now select "Reboot".
* Enjoy AOKP!

Changelog & download links

2013-04-11

* First build (what works on CyanogenMod works here as well)

ROM 2013-04-11 (md5sum)
Gapps

Compatibility zips

* Onda V972 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc1
* Onda V812 (V1-V4) (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc2
* Onda V812 (V5) (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc1
* Nextway F9X (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc0
* Chuwi V99 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc1
* Onda V813 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc0
* Onda V811 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc0
* Freelander PD80 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc0
* Chuwi V10 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc0

FAQs

* If your devices doesn't have a volume rocker you can install one of these apps to control volume from the notifications: Volume in notification, TrayVolume
* WiFi now can stay enabled with display turned off. Note that if WiFi is enabled the tablet won't enter deep sleep so if you're more interestead in battery life instead of an always on WiFi change policy (on "Advanced" WiFi settings) from "Always" to "Never" and select your preferred WiFi timeout.
* Internal memory is mounted at /storage/sdcard0, external sdcard is mounted at /storage/sdcard1. If you wanna swap them (and make primary your real microsd) just edit "persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0" to "persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1" in "/system/build.prop" file

See less See more
#2 ·
reserved for later use

#3 ·
Man, you're great! You develope new roms faster than light!! Just flashed this and seems even smoother than CM10 on my Chuwi!

Just edited platform.xml in /system/etc/permissions folder to let apps write on external sd. I edited WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE section in the following way:
Code:
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" ><br />
    <group gid="sdcard_rw" /><br />
    <group gid="media_rw" /><br />
</permission>
I'll test HDMI later

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
actually that is a nasty hack, the app developer should update his/her AndroidManifest.xml requesting "android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" permission

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm a nasty hacker!
Actually I'm not even an expert user. I'll try to follow your advice even if I'm not completely sure of how to do it.

By the way, tested HDMI and works even better than previows stock roms I've tried. Screen image was not fully displayed before, but cutted at the top and bottom by default (probably changing something in settings it would have been fixable). Now with this I got full image as connected to tv.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
That's why I post the comp zips and ask people to test them but many of you asked support and after that didn't report anything.
Try to flash the camera hal zip that you find in one of the last pages in cm thread.
edit: this one

#11 ·
bionic with linaro's optimized strings for ARMv7 NEON devices.

Download

(do a nandroid backup before because it may break some stuff, but give it a try, adds a lot of smoothness!)

#13 ·
Hi10p won't work at all as written in the OP, only in SW mode

#15 ·
yes of course

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Christian, I've flashed linaro's strings and noticed a gain in overall smoothness. I tried browsing on an heavy web page (sportmediaset.it) and the page was probably downloaded faster, but I perceived a little decrease in rendering performance while scrolling (page remains white for a bit more).
May this be possible? I had no time to browse different pages, so I'm definetely not sure about it.

By the way I'll try a different browser later (I was using Dolphin beta)

#17 ·
Starting with 4.1 there's no browser faster than the stock one

#19 ·
post a logcat of the camera.

for the hdmi it might be an issue of your stock kernel since it's working with every other device

#22 ·
Figured out that changing rear camera settings from 5mpx [default] to UGXA [2mpx] which is the real resolution of the camera now I get picture on both rear and front; but still cant take picture with front and video recording [it doesnt matter at this moment].

#when making call with skype, the other side just see's a green background instead of me.

#keyboard lag is very anoying...

#wifi works great

Thanks for your work christian!

#23 ·
You don't have to flash anything extra it's already included.

#25 ·
do you have it on a western mirror? it's downloading at 3/4 kB/s

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
It looks like people can't understand my words... I said that if they want to release their rom based on one of my AOSP ports they could do it but without touching my .zip that should be always flashed and downloaded and applying their zip (with their extra apks and build.prop entries) but, again, another rom popped out with just a "thanks" and I presume everything me related removed like the other one (luckily there's an "anti-steal" that will make appear "built by ChristianTroy" even if you hack the build.prop)

Consider over A31 support for now, I'll be back if allwinner releases the code, anyway I'm still here to offer support but I'm really pissed because I don't see the point of releasing a copy ROM with only different apks

#28 ·
Just let me thank you for your work, you delivered to the a31 owners community the full aokp and cyanogen experience.
As we use to say in Italy, la madre dei cretini è sempre incinta, so don't get pissed by those childish behaviours, rezipping an update changing a couple of apk and some line on a text file is not about rom cooking. It's about trolling.

Inviato dal mio V972 Core4 con Tapatalk 2

#34 ·
* Freelander PD80 (v2.0 based) 2.0_rc0

#29 ·
HI Christian!
Thank you very much for the new rom.
Now I can use bluetooth and gps and my tivizen dongle for TV.

My question:
Is it possible to integrate a new tool for an extern usb-camera?
I would use it for my usb microscope and endoscope.
The video format is jpeg and mjpeg.

Please be so kind and let me know.
Best wishes and thanks again

Michael

#32 ·
Not really because you'd need a dedicated camera hal since android is dumb and wouldn't know what to do with that camera.

#30 ·
Downloaded & installed.

I like a lot the bunch of customizations of this ROM but it feels more lagged (specially touch keyboard) than CT last repack of stock ROM .

Besides that, Antutu score downed from 11600 (repack stock ROM 20130403) to 10100. As I see in the test, Open GL performance dropped significatly from 55-59 fps to 30-34 (1.1 test) and 11-16 fps to 4-10 in 2.0 test.

Has sido tapatalkeado desde Ainol Novo9 Spark.

#31 ·
I'm giving this a whirl right now, and I'll compare it to the stock ROM as I go along. Great work btw, ct! I'll make sure to donate when I have a bit more in my bank account :-x

First Impressions:
-Launcher is extremely smooth...runs great. Much better than stock
-More keyboard lag than the latest stock firmware, but using another keyboard would fix this
-I am getting a lot of lag in the stock browser
-Video playback is great; Have not had a chance to test via HDMI yet
-App compatibility is vastly improved over stock, and Hulu Plus finally works perfectly!
-Antutu score is lower than stock, but you can only trust benchmarks so much anyways...real app performance matters more obviously

So far I'm loving it! I'll post back as I test more

#35 ·
I've running the ROM since yesterday on my Onda v812. Besides the known issues, that are common with the CM10 ROM, I have a very big one with battery consume.
Charged the tablet to 100 % and let it in standby, the accu is running in 4h 18m form 100 to 54 %.
WLan is switched off in standby.

Accu tab shows:
- Android-System 74 %
- Screen 10 %
- Maps 8 %
- Standby 6 %
- Android OS 3 %

The standby consume is much higher than on CM10. Any ideas to track the drainage bug down ?

#37 ·
Scorpio check with better battery stats who's the guilty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.