Android Tablets Forum banner
121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've installed this ROM and it runs fine, many thanks.

What makes the difference to people's success rate with these things? Is it just not following instructions to the letter, surely all the machines are the same?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm still loving the dirty bean experience - the Hannspad us running well.

I need some advice though as I don't want to spoil what I have now got.

My kids access a few websites for their school work that require Flash & Java to run. They currently do not run on the Hanns - not the end of the world as I can get the laptop out but I'm keen to see if I can get these 2 sites to work.

Previously, when I was running the Gtabcomb, I messed about with re-adding versions of flash and messed it up so badly that a clean wipe was needed that led to me installing DB.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, is there anyway to disable the graphical touchscreen back\home buttons etc that show at the bottom of the screen. It seems to take up useful real estate and as the hardware buttons are working ok (top right of hannspree), I can't see a need for it really?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, quick question - I've had a quick read of the Nobe's SmoothBean & it says that the Hdmi is working - as mentioned before, my dirtybean works beautifully so I'm not going to change a thing, but do we have any ideas when Hdmi out is going to work on DB?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the great rom.

After some tweaks it's running nicely.
with the build.prop Editor i changed the heap size to 96mb (dalvik.vm.heapsize) (mentioned in begin post)
Also i changed the SD speed to 512kb with the Adjust sd speed app and enabled the autoboot function. (mentioned in begin post)

For the touchscreen i installed the SGS touchscreen booster, and changed some values.
Also i changed the DPI with the build.prop Editor (ro.sf.lcd_density).
I have changed it to 125 because then the settings hardware button will work again.
But i don't know exactly what the best value is because with a dpi calculator i will get a value off 118dpi.
If the dpi setting is wrong it looks that that the tablet will become sluggish.
On a german site some people have advised 132dpi

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been running the Team DRH Alpha Dirty Bean 5.3 with Graveen JB Kernel v1.2b on my Hannspad (type 1653) for a month or so now. Really love the look and feel of it and think the guys behind it have done a great job. It runs all the apps I want well apart from my most used app Olive Tree Bible Reader which annoyingly force closes at random and sometimes soft resets the pad; usually when I am trying to input or save notes to it which is very frustrating.

It has definitely got more flakey with time although a fresh flash of the ROM and Kernal has not resolved the issue. Any one out there experiencing the same issue with this app or have any ideas on what could be causing it? I was previously using Team DRH's IC4.0 Beta and was having similar issues with it also with this app. Now thinking I might need to go back to VeganTab which worked well but don't want to unless I can avoid it as I really do love this ROM.

Any one able to advise me regarding this please?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,i am new member with hannspad,sorry for my english because i am from Bulgaria.I try this rom yesterday.Thank you the rom is good and fast.Better and fast than my previous rom flashback.I have some problem with my hannspad,is this possible to play 1080 p video ,i try some players but not succes.Also how can play mkv with dts sound.And why internal memory is so slow.When i copy file from computer to internal memory is too slow,maybe around 2 mb/sec.I tried overclock feature in this rom but not work for me.Thank you for the answers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I will share my stupidity with all..

Got the partiton file and data got the rom got the kernal. Installed the partition, booted into cwm and set the internal partition to 2048 wiped Dalvik.. all went smoothly... rebooted and got green hannspad logo. waited for 10 mins, reset and rebooted. Same thing happend again, rebooted to CWM factory reset dalvik wipe partition wipe. Booted back up...nothing..grrr .....reapeted this several times......DOH I forgot to install the ROM....OMG what a bafoon...oh well all works great now CHEERS FOR THE ROM GUYS.....LOL

121 - 140 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.