Android Tablets Forum banner
101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I've had another go at it. I did not have the 2 USB leads to hand that I tried before but I had a double head cable (has 2 "PC side" USB plugs) & guess what, I can access my tablets drives :)). Now running with Dirty Bean & the Graveen v2.1b Kernel. works Perfectly thanks so much for all the work put in by you all. Now I just have to figure out how to get the sound to output via bluetooth for my bluetooth headset.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys, I've finally got around to having a go at flashing the Dirty Bean with Graveen's 1.2b Kernal.

Everything has gone in - but I now have a spinning Cyanogen (Mod) logo - it's been spinning for a while now.

The wifi light is flashing off & on - I recall Graveen said this means the drive is active.

Should I sit it out & wait or is there something extra I need to do.

Thanks for your time.

Iest

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes, you can wait up to 5 minutes. If it is locked, shutdown and restart your hannspad, it should work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Graveen,

Hope you are well.

Result! I went in & wiped the settings that I had forgotten to wipe - did a factory reset and the cache & told the Hannspad to reboot. It went straight into the set up pages.

I had flashed your Graveen Team Wolf 1.2b kernal but i don't seem to have got that installed - it says i have 2.6.39.4 - slyking241 from July.

I know that slyking is TeamWolf but I don't know how to install your kernal.

Your wisdom is needed.

Thanks for your time.

Iest

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Graveen,

Hope you are well.

Result! I went in & wiped the settings that I had forgotten to wipe - did a factory reset and the cache & told the Hannspad to reboot. It went straight into the set up pages.

I had flashed your Graveen Team Wolf 1.2b kernal but i don't seem to have got that installed - it says i have 2.6.39.4 - slyking241 from July.

I know that slyking is TeamWolf but I don't know how to install your kernal.

Your wisdom is needed.

Thanks for your time.

Iest

·
Registered
28 Posts
The kernal still refers to slaking - as mentioned above, I'm assuming that because it's based on that one? The Graveen link was installed.

I can't wait to get home and play - even the BBC iplayer app works -.with their new media app

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes totally. The kernel is a repack of WolfMod with Marcero and some TeamDRH libs replaced to solve rotation, hw video decoding, sound and wifi issues. This is not exactly a kernel i built from scratch, or coded to correct specifical hannspad issues.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Graveen, I'm amazed by how smooth and quick things are.

My utmost respect to everybody involved - Team DRH, Slyking at Wolfmod, Marcero, yourself and anybody I've missed - your work is fantastic - thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Well just installed DB 5.3 With Graveen JB Kernel 1.2B. Totally blown away with it, brought new life into my Hannspad which had been relegated to the dining room table.

So far the only one of my apps that refuses to run is MX Player, but sure I can replace that with something else.

One issue I continually keep getting is the error about the Google Text-to-speech not running. Quick look around and this seems to be common with JB. Are others on here having the same issue ? anyway of dumping this altogether just to get rid of the continual error warning?

Excellent work guys, I shall be watching these pages with renewed anticipation.

Graeme

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Well just installed DB 5.3 With Graveen JB Kernel 1.2B. Totally blown away with it, brought new life into my Hannspad which had been relegated to the dining room table.

So far the only one of my apps that refuses to run is MX Player, but sure I can replace that with something else.

One issue I continually keep getting is the error about the Google Text-to-speech not running. Quick look around and this seems to be common with JB. Are others on here having the same issue ? anyway of dumping this altogether just to get rid of the continual error warning?

Excellent work guys, I shall be watching these pages with renewed anticipation.

Graeme

·
Registered
46 Posts
Definitively, my Hannspad don't want to run with ICS/JB.....

Every time that I try to test any ICS/JB rom, my pad turn on, but immediately, freezes in a uni-coloured screen....one time grey, one time brown,one time green.... and I have to reboot.

Returning now to the stock.... very sad....

Greetings

·
Registered
265 Posts
Isn't there's an option to do the exact same thing without installing anything? At least it used to be there.

Just long press on the Power button, and you might see an option like "Display bottom taskbar on/off".

101 - 120 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.