Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Flashed the ROM according to the tutorial here: http://www.myphone.gr/forum/showthread.php?p=4533949#post4533949

The problem is that after enabling Google Play services (i.e set-up my account) the system at 5 second intervals pops up messages like "unfortunately process android.process.acore has stopped" which is not fatal, but it's very annoying.

Tried all suggested solutions (clear Contacts, Google, etc app data), seems to stop for a while, but after re-entering my Google account data, it appears again
Dear Frontier,

which ROM did you use before you flashed the new stock ROM? I had the same problem when I changed to CM10.1. Check the following:

Can you access internal storage?

Does the file manager ask for root rights to access internal storage?

If one answer is "yes" you might have had a Feiyu ROM on your device before that re-partitioned the internal storage. Especially if you cannot access your internal storage at all this is a strong signal that you should flash another earlier stock ROM before you change to the new one.

I have not tries it our myself. Not sure if this helps.

Cheers,

Eriol

·
Registered
51 Posts
I used : Notebook (with USB 2.0 port) and Win7 Home Basic 64 bit.
My Flame : QM and installed Feiyu ROM 0103.

I flashed and followed @Frontier and Lokumrom steps ...

1. Download Ainol-E4-20130131-qimei-usbburning.zip dan USB-Burning-tool-v1.6.2.1228
2. Extract USB-Burning-tool-v1.6.2.1228 into your PC/NoteBook
3. Turn Power Off Flame and plug it into PC/Notebook using USB (better using USB 2.0 port)
4. Push Volume - and Power wait until Windows detect New Hardware
5. Then select the driver manualy and browse into folder USB-Burning-tool-v1.6.2.1228 and select folder AmlogicusbBurningdriver
6. When it's done.. by default your USB connection will be named "WorldCup Device"
7. Still Power Off Flame, run ImageBurnTool.exe
8. Flame will be detected in one of eight ports and the status is "Connect"
9. I was select Erase Nand and push Start button, offcourse all data in nand (internal storage) destroyed
.. wait until it's done (green blink)
10. After that... I selected menu File>Import Upgrade File and browse Ainol-E4-20130131-qimei-usbburning.zip. And I didn't select any button...
11. Push Start button...then blue color progress is running... wait until it's done 100% with green blink.
12. Unplug the Flame, and Turn Power ON... taste the Jelly Bean...

Regards
Hi dd_yulius,

I have the same setup here (except I am running CM10.1 ...). I did not have the time to proceed with the flashing yet.

Is the ROM fully "internationalized" (i.e., does it start with the Chinese screen or the usual international setup screen)?

Is everything working as expected?

Does Google Play Store work well (see post above)?

Is the device/ROM rooted?

Thanks for your testing and input!

Eriol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello,

HELP!! I decided also to flash this ROM as it seems that also CM and other custom ROMs will be based on the new drivers. I scanned this forum again and succeeded to flash until 90 % ... I use Windows XP, run the USB flash tool as admin and tried several settings. I post the log code below, the problem seems to be located somewhere here:

[T 0][14:30:33]: boot uImage ...
[T 0][14:31:24]: find disk: G:
[T 0][14:31:25]: recoveyCommand: wipe_data prepareCommand:
[T 0][14:31:25]: send command : wipe_data ok!
[T 0][14:31:44]: wipe_data success(wipe_data):eek:k
[T 0][14:31:45]: recoveyCommand: update:update.zip prepareCommand:
[T 0][14:31:48]: copy failed 2 times:G:\update.zip
[T 0][14:31:49]: failed ,current step is 20

During flash, it seems to find the storage device G:, and also Windows opens the new storage device dialog (where I can choose to open this folder ...). However, copying update.zip to G: fails obviously. Anyone had the same problem? Thanks!

What I also wonder is: G: has 447 MB size. Is this correct???

Now my device is dead, I cannot run TWRP or anything else, it is just recognized by flash tool.

Eriol

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had the same problem while flashing the rom.
What i did was launch the flashing process, and once it has started, copy the update.zip to the "temp" folder in the usb thingy folder
Ok, thanks ... I restarted the procedure, but this time followed the instructions from ainol bbs and now it worked ...

Eriol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can anyone who successfully uses the 0201 Official AML Firmware describe battery consumption and battery indicator - what is your experience so far?

Background is: Some Fire users using CM10.1 based on the new Ainol 0201 Official AML Firmware noticed a strange behaviour - for some, the Fire is only charged up to 42 - 52 % and then stops charging. Others - like me - report that their Fire drains the battery over night even when WLAN and BT are switched off and no other settings should drain the device.

To sort out other things: My personal feeling is that so far Feiyu 0115 had the best battery performance. Is there someone who can compare new official release with Feiyu 0115? Can someone just report about his/her experince with battery consumption, please? Thanks!

Eriol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.