Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Custom rom for Teclast P85(A9D3)

This rom based on jelly bean 4.1.01 firmware ver (not 4.0.04) + teclast 2.06 system.img updated with 4.2 gapps.

basic changes:
No chinese apps by default, you can pick your language and time zone at first start.Rom comes with root and recovery preinstalled: SuperSu and Clockworkmod 6.0.2.8(touch screen support just swype up and down on screen menu& use "power button" to choose).

customization:
Changed all stock wallpapers, new bootanimation.

tweaks:
market is improved by changing device model to more supported in build.prop, wich settings was modified for :general performance,power saving,faster scrolling,raised quality of images,increased media & streaming performance,disabled error checking,disabled sending usage data,disabled USB debugging icon fromstatus bar (debugging remains enabled)enabled tweake that makes apps load faster and frees more ram,improved 3g data speeds,allowed purging of assets(system can free more Ram when needed), apks zipaligned

4.2 features:
new 4.2 gmail app with working "pinch to zoom" ,emoji keyboard(enable in «imput and languages»),new gallery.Aosp 4.2 swype keyboard with non english dictionary support (for english swype change lang. from "qwerty" to english).

bugs and issues:
can be compatibility problems with few applications ,but majority work normal.

Additional info:
To boot into cwm recovery mode press "volume up +" hold it , press "power button"and hold untill tablet is on then release power button but still hold volume until youll get into cwm.

!IMPORTANT NOTE!:
in recovery mode wich boots right after flashing this firmware be sure to do wipe data,wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache in advansed menu.

17 March 2013 firmware UPDATE :changed internal memory size dedicated for apps from 1 to 2 gb (used nandflash sd card size)

firmware was tested here are some screens. download

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: i know this rom is nothing special at all and maybe have some issues..etc,but it wasnt easy for me & took some time as iam a beginner, but now its all in past and work..So if you use this roms,have positive feedback & maybe,one day decide to donate plz support this sick children with few bucks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May Lord bless and keep you!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Works great! Thanks for putting this together. My only problem is that the ROM keeps overwriting Busy Box to v1.11.1 on every reboot. It also did this with the TNT ROM and TECFUN ROM. Any idea why its doing that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Works great! Thanks for putting this together. My only problem is that the ROM keeps overwriting Busy Box to v1.11.1 on every reboot. It also did this with the TNT ROM and TECFUN ROM. Any idea why its doing that?
i updated firmware changes are in description & rom should work normal with busy box 1.20.2 now

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the quick update. Will try ASAP. Also wanted to let people know that I had to flash using the RKAndroid tool found in Christian Troy's CWM build that lets you flash system, boot, recovery, kernel, misc. and parameter all separate. Using the RKBatchtool I got a bootloop, maybe something I did wrong but just wanted to let people know. Thanks to the developers for creating the tools in the links below.

The CWM build with RKAndroid tool can be found here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/37836-cwm-5504-for-rk3066-tablets/
and Wendal's tools here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38433-cwm-5504-for-teclast-p85-how-to/

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick update. Will try ASAP. Also wanted to let people know that I had to flash using the RKAndroid tool found in Christian Troy's CWM build that lets you flash system, boot, recovery, kernel, misc. and parameter all separate. Using the RKBatchtool I got a bootloop, maybe something I did wrong but just wanted to let people know. Thanks the developers for tools in the links below.

The CWM build with RKAndroid tool can be found here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/37836-cwm-5504-for-rk3066-tablets/
and Wendal's tools here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38433-cwm-5504-for-teclast-p85-how-to/
btw the link you posted for cwm build is a bit old its 5.5.0.4 version..you can flash 6.0.2.8 touch screen ver. wich i used in building this rom.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, I only use the tool that is included in the download, I am not recommending that version of CWM.A few posts down it refers to the new 6.0.2.8. The RKAndroid tool let's you flash all parts of the image separately after it is unpacked using Wendals tools. That's the only place I have seen it. All the instructions are the same,except everything gets pasted into the ROM folder not just the Parameter file.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I only use the tool that is included in the download, I am not recommending that version of CWM.A few posts down it refers to the new 6.0.2.8. The RKAndroid tool let's you flash all parts of the image separately after it is unpacked using Wendals tools. That's the only place I have seen it. All the instructions are the same,except everything gets pasted into the ROM folder not just the Parameter file.
Its because of my english,perhaps i didn't understand you quite well..Thank you for for links they can be usefull.how about rom is it ok now or its still overwriting busybox issue?If you ll test it feedback to let me know

·
Registered
34 Posts
Everything works great except busy box is still being overwritten on every reboot. I've tried the other 2 custom ROMS on here and they also overwrite on every reboot. It did not do this on the previous ROM released by Teclast. Maybe something in the newest version they released. Thanks for your time. Rectangle Font Line Screenshot Material property Rectangle Font Screenshot Line Parallel

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Big Sweaty Trouble I still didn't flashed my tab to either of the resent custom ROMs (still on Ver 2.00)
What is the meaning of this fault you keep reporting ?

- I must admit to my shame that I do have busy box free (1.21.0) installed, but I don't know what for and how to use it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am by no means an Android genius, but from what I understand it contains a bunch of Linux commands used by different apps all in one place. Some apps have busy box built into them, like Titanium Backup. Others need it to be installed on the device. I use it to install V6 supercharger on all my rooted devices. V6 supercharger requires 1.16 and higher to work properly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BusyBox
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everything works great except busy box is still being overwritten on every reboot. I've tried the other 2 custom ROMS on here and they also overwrite on every reboot. It did not do this on the previous ROM released by Teclast. Maybe something in the newest version they released. Thanks for your time. View attachment 17250 View attachment 17258
then i dont know,i replaced busybox file with with newer version in deodex kitchen.Iam not an expert try asking Roman i think he might answer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Because the busybox we really excute is inside /sbin therefore we ve to replace that one not just the one inside /system. Since /sbin located inside ramdisk so unpacking and repacking ramdisk is required...or you just modify your supercharger script, force it to excute the system busybox.
Regards,

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have flashed the CWM 6.0.2.8 with RKAndroidTool.exe ,But I do not know how to log on the CWM 6.0.2.8?
its in additional info: to boot into cwm recovery mode press "volume up +" hold it ,then press "power button"and hold untill tablet is on, then release power button only ,but keep holding volume b. until youll boot into cwm.Sometimes it takes few time to succed..Or you can use such tools like rom manager to reboot in cwm if you have root access.In cwm swype up and down to choose press power b.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are something wrong with my mid。Why I can not Flash the original rom back to my P85?the Official tool said Error。

1 - 16 of 16 Posts